Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Results of my first Forrest Fenn treasure hunt
07-11-2013, 12:39 PM,
Hi All,

I am fairly new here. I thought I would share the results of my first hunt "in the field" for the treasure. I have a write-up on my web site at http://www.mdpub.com/ttotc/

mdavis19
07-11-2013, 08:04 PM,
That's great! Would have loved to see that old car. Did you take a picture?
07-12-2013, 04:03 AM,
I did not take pictures, and I could kick myself for it. I didn't take my camera because I wanted to minimize the amount of stuff I carried on the hike. I am going to revisit the area in late September. I will be sure to take photos on that trip. In fact, If I don't find anything there on the second visit, I will post the location and Google Earth screen shots here for all to see. It is an interesting spot.

mdavis19
07-12-2013, 11:19 AM,
Welcome to the chase. lol Great story. You have now had the same 3 ideas each of us have had about our spot. At one time I felt a spot having been so searched was out of the picture but then after tearing the house apart looking for my phone, my husband came right along behind and picked it up. Puts a new perspective on everything. Best of luck in September.
07-12-2013, 01:23 PM,
Good story, but I really like those pages on wind turbines and solar panels. You're giving a fellow tinkerer some good ideas. Boo
07-12-2013, 01:34 PM,
Happy birthday yesterday! Did you stop by 7Eleven and get your free* Slurpee?

You actually do a lot of projects that I wish I could. How do you find the time?

* 7Eleven doesn't give you a free Slurpee on your birthday, unless your birthday is July 11.
07-12-2013, 02:59 PM,
Now I'm looking for a convenient store called "1Twentynine".
07-13-2013, 08:38 AM,
tomwhat,

Finding the time is always a problem. Work keeps getting in the way of fun, and retirement is still a long way off (if ever). I spend every free moment in my workshop working on my projects, and spend my vacations prospecting, treasure hunting and working on my cabin in Arizona. My hobbies keep me sane and prevent me from going postal at work.

No Slurpee this year.

mdavis19
07-13-2013, 10:54 PM,
I have to say I'm a little jealous. I spend a lot of time with our three kids, which definitely isn't time wasted, and probably too much time on the internet, which often is.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Treasure Hunt 1.0 in NM endofthechase 2 4,433 07-10-2015, 07:57 PM
Last Post: old drum