Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Possibly know where the treasure is
07-11-2013, 07:02 PM,
Wink So I just was on NBCNews and found the poem. I have never heard of this treasure before, but am VERY good at clues, poems, figuring out answers to things that can trick the mind. I read the poem and looked at the clues and found a place that makes sense. The only problem is I am in NJ and getting there would be hard. Anyone serious and willing to go out to this place if they live close enough? I, of course, would want some legal documentation set up so you don't just run off with the treasure if found. Let me know your thoughts Wink
07-12-2013, 07:15 AM,
LOL If I had a nickle for everytime someone used "if only I had a nickle..." on me, I wouldn't need the treasure. But if you all are treasure hunters and go by instinct and "clues" then you all wouldn't mind going on what I say too. There has got to be someone who lives North of Santa Fe who would be willing to investigate my guess?
07-12-2013, 08:50 AM,
mschenk,

And if we all had a nickel for every time we heard the saying "there is a sucker born every minute" none of us would need the treasure either. There way too many arm chair searchers out there compared to those who put feet on the ground, so there is no shortage of solutions. If you are going to convince someone to take you up on your offer you have to convince them you know what you are talking about. (read my search stories). Don't worry no one will run off and steal your idea - I have been putting good solutions out there and showing my blazes and and welcoming everyone to research my areas with nothing expected in return. I don't think they are doing it.

Thus you will not have any success in getting anyone out there to search for you unless you find that sucker. It is best to just thrown out your ideas on this forum and see where it goes. Remember everyone thinks they are great problem solvers - otherwise they would not be here.

Welcome to the chase!

The Wolf
07-12-2013, 09:15 AM,
The Wolf; Yes, you have really contributed great ideas, and I have enjoyed the pics. You are wrong though ,I research everything you put up, some I have already done I just do it again. Just wanted to say thank you for the stories and ideas. I really think some just want someone to tell them to take 3 giant steps forward, turn around and pick it up. Sue
07-12-2013, 09:46 AM,
Sue,

Thank you! I apologize, I didn't think anyone looked at my work from a research perspective. I just thought they enjoyed reading it (I think I was put on earth to make others happy - LOL), or cutting holes in the solution - which is fine with me.

The Wolf
07-12-2013, 10:31 AM,
mschenk,

We all think we know where it is until we go look and it isn't there. Odds are you don't have the right spot either. Forrest did a really good job of hiding his treasure and obfuscating his clues. I don't think you will find any takers for your offer. My advice to you is save your money until you can take a vacation and go look at your spot for yourself.

mdavis19
07-12-2013, 01:18 PM,
mschenk, I've been in your shoes two or three times now, 100% positive I knew where the treasure was, but not being able to get there. So I would start emailing strangers, trying to convince them to help out in some way, only to find out they are way more interested in searching their own spot. So what I've concluded about this whole endeavor is that finding a huge chunk of change someone dropped off in the woods is not nearly as important as being the ONE who solves the riddle. Even if the finder doesn't make public that he or she has the chest, they will know they are the only person who outsmarted everyone, including Mr. Fenn. I think that would be more rewarding than trying to liquidate a bunch of old coins and such.

Back when I was a lurker on these forums, I was convinced that I needed to keep my thoughts a secret, sure that any slight slip of info would be grabbed up by some other lurker, and I would only find footprints and an imprint of a box when I finally arrived to pick up the chest. Since those days, I have opened up to a few other fellow searchers, even naming my spot and showing maps and photos. What I usually get from them is, "Nope, you're wrong, and let me tell you why". Then they precede to tell me, with great pride, how their spot is correct, and describe all the logic, common sense, and psychic abilities they used to unlock the poem.

So, going by experience, I doubt if many will take up your offer to "go get the treasure", since the actual challenge isn't about just picking up the chest. The challenge is solving the riddle, then planning and executing an actual expedition (the hard part). Finding the chest is only a confirmation that you did everything right.

And one more thing, seeing a place on the internet is waaaay different than actually walking around in that spot. When you get there, it will be so different than what the photos show, and even more different than your imagination lead you to think it looked like. If it were as easy as looking at a map, this would have been over in the first year. Just my thoughts and a little tough love. Boo.
07-12-2013, 01:43 PM,
Who exactly would draft up this contract? You? I am interested in what exactly it would look like and you would plan on enforcing it.

If you have the money to have it worked up by a lawyer, spend that money on a trip instead and get out there yourself!

A simple gentleman's agreement would be better.
07-13-2013, 06:35 PM,
Hi mschenk, I've thought of the same thing. If I felt confident about a spot, I would offer to send the searcher at least $250. to cover there expenses (gas, meals, a motel room for the night), it wouldn't be reasonable to expect someone else to spend there resources, chasing our dreams or ideas.
07-15-2013, 01:54 AM,
Try advertising in the "Help Wanted" section of Newspaper... 8-)

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Too far to Wok?..Possibly? Gordon Lightfoot 2 729 11-14-2018, 09:27 PM
Last Post: DanS
  Could the BLAZE possibly be a camera? Becky from WV 24 7,498 07-01-2018, 02:00 PM
Last Post: Mindy
Photo Possibly the blaze... Captain Toolface 7 4,274 06-27-2017, 05:43 PM
Last Post: mikemike
  LGFI possibly explained Chris Yates 12 3,091 03-03-2017, 10:28 PM
Last Post: prehistoric