Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Genealogy
01-15-2015, 10:00 PM,
Genealogy
[Image: gallery_24128_14_46608.jpg]

Noticed Fenn is into Genealogy. "Origins" seems to be a big thing for him.

Was wondering if anyone has done any family research and how far back do your roots go?

01-15-2015, 10:10 PM,
Genealogy
Let's have funSmile Where's Steph?

[Image: i210lg.jpg]

01-15-2015, 11:46 PM,
Genealogy
I have done some on my fathers side, nothing before the 1700s when we ended up in America. I've got a tree around somewhere for my moms side, but havent done any research on it myself. Someday I will look at it if one of my kids shows an interest.

Its interesting when you can find stories about the ancestors, otherwise its just a bunch of names.
Shhh they aren't listening.
01-17-2015, 01:46 PM,
Genealogy
https://familysearch.org/

For anybody interested. Free family history help.

01-17-2015, 02:45 PM,
Genealogy

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from NTMI on January 17, 2015, 1:58 pm</b>

The French have a saying, Heureux comme un poisson sur la paille. How does that translate to the Chase, or to FF?
</div>

It means you are depressed. As happy as a fish in the hay.
01-17-2015, 02:47 PM,
Genealogy
Genealogy research is one of the hardest detective work you can do.

It is also a "cross discipline" which is used heavily in archeology and other fields.

Use it all the time in antiques and collectables.

Hay, what do I know right? Guess it never helped Fenn...........Nothing like Sitting Bull's pipe which he bought for $100K and took it to $1.2 million.......

What the hell do we know right?

01-17-2015, 03:05 PM,
Genealogy
Cross discipline in any area of study means that a person specializes in two different fields, becoming expert in both, so that he/she can cross back and forth between the two areas of study, or incorporate both of them into a research project.

So you guys going to give Fenn a run for his money anytime soon? Big fat YawnSmile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Davis genealogy HollyfromMN 7 3,285 02-12-2016, 04:47 PM
Last Post: HollyfromMN