Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
He said bring a sandwich and a flashlght
01-29-2015, 11:58 AM,
He didn't say you would need a 4x4, chainsaw or winch. We know why he said to bring a flashlight and sandwich. It hardly sounds like more than a days adventure.
01-29-2015, 12:04 PM,

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from James Perotti on January 29, 2015, 11:58 am</b>

He didn't say you would need a 4x4, chainsaw or winch. We know why he said to bring a flashlight and sandwich. It hardly sounds like more than a days adventure.
</div>

I brought a fence post tamping pole and a 4 pound 1handed sledgehammer :|

It turned out to be good exercise Tongue
01-29-2015, 04:21 PM,
Something may happen at dusk dinner time so sit and watch and eat your samwitch then go see where the happening is but by the time you get there it will be dark and you will need the flashlight to get back. F said that you won't need either one to help find it but maybe I think you need the energy and light to get it back or to get back. Just what I imagine they might be used for.
01-29-2015, 05:15 PM,
When the young woman had to spend the night in Bandolier, Mr. Fenn said searchers, should bring a flashlight and sandwich. He did't say sleeping bag or change of close. He said the hiding place was not near a man trail, but being able to (walk out after dark) with a flashlight says you will be on a very good trail. Probably an Elk or deer migration path.
01-29-2015, 05:28 PM,
There is a SPECIFIC reason he said to bring a flashlight and a sandwich, but IMO you have to discover that on your own.
01-29-2015, 05:38 PM,
I've often wondered if this actually meant , he hid the box in one of a series of hole in a wall, the flashlight to look into each hole or crevice and sandwich to lure out any critters taken refuge on the chest.

Or he could just be covering his ass, basically telling people to be prepared.

01-29-2015, 05:43 PM,
Maybe flashlight and a sandwich tells you what the blaze is, just sayin. I know Jack would agree with me on that one. And even though we have yet to meet, I know Jack.
01-29-2015, 05:48 PM,
I wish I could say :| but I will say IMO ... DO NOT give up on this topic. It's helpful.
01-29-2015, 06:17 PM,
OK how bout a scorecard. This is how I see it.

Jason-Hands down best researcher ever on TTOTC nobody better don't even try.

Deb-Every kid in the world would be lucky to have a Mom or Grandmom that nice. If everybody were like her the world would be just fine.

mDavis-Probably has a photographic memory. We may all be working for him someday.

Rick Nowack-Young and scary smart. FF's favorite.

NTMI-Freaking hillarious. Should do stand-up. If he were postmaster general US would have a balanced budget.

Admin-How does she do it all? Secretly she must be Wonder Woman.

Dal-Jack booted Nazi will not stop until he gets TTOTC domination.

Desertphile-Should not be wasting his talent at karaoke.
01-29-2015, 06:22 PM,
Buddy, you say the nicest things. Thanks for being you. Smile
Shhh they aren't listening.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Sandwich/Flashlight/Teeth/Friend/Car running Riddlemethat 4 1,168 03-27-2019, 09:07 AM
Last Post: Beavertooth
  Take a sandwich and a flashlight Gilagin 15 6,652 04-22-2018, 05:08 PM
Last Post: Gilagin
  Sandwich and a Flashlight Quack Quack 2 1,679 04-18-2018, 06:14 PM
Last Post: Quack Quack
  Flashlight and a Sandwich GoneAlone 5 4,597 08-10-2017, 11:06 PM
Last Post: timrawa
  Do you bring a metal detector with you while searching? GoneAlone 14 8,912 07-14-2016, 11:28 AM
Last Post: Indy
  Bring Your Snow shovel if your plans take you to Yellowstone 23 15,793 09-20-2015, 11:25 AM
Last Post: HarryFool