Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Forrest Said Solving Blaze Puts You How Close?
02-20-2015, 10:06 PM,
A couple of years ago, I vaguely remember Forrest answering a question about, if you have the right blaze it would put you within a certain amount of feet from the treasure. I believe something like eight feet.

Does anyone remember what he said or am I completely making this up and it never happened?
If you would like to know my W.W.W.H., get a list of over 600 GNIS potential ones, and another list of 5,000 searchable springs with coordinate information, you can literally buy it here for $25: https://www.ebay.com/itm/283499665615
02-20-2015, 10:37 PM,
Imo when ff says the obvious "look quickly down" after you find the blaze, this indicates a large blaze... larger than 12' because of his comment you'd see it within that distance. My blaze is large, spectacular, and symbolic
Ω  200 ft. Club  Ω
02-21-2015, 01:32 AM,
Negatory on the if you had the blaze you would be a certain distance away from the chest. Forrest didn't say it. don't even need to search on that one, if Forrest had said anything like that, most everyone here would know and have mentioned it already a thousand times.

he did say one time that if someone was within 12 feet of the treasure chest they would likely find the treasure chest, or not likely to not find it, as it were.

im not sure how that comment would tell you anything about the size of the blaze, but i see Decall seems to think it does.

my blaze also happens to be very large. and it likes to smell things. animals, people, flowers, what not

02-21-2015, 01:43 AM,
I agree Chris, Forrest only said "if you were within 12' you probably could not miss it". Makes it seem clear to me it is open and obvious and not buried, (maybe hidden though). Not to mention currently "wet" seems to indicate to me it is in the open (covered with snow perhaps). I have a few blazes and like you and Decall mine is very large and symbolic. Not sure what you mean by smell things, another riddle-speak I guess?? I love this blog since most on here seem serious and deep thinking more than the other blogs.
02-21-2015, 05:20 AM,
If the poem were straight forward, then we should be able to (look quickly down and see the chest), meaning that the blaze can't be big. But then the poem can mean anything.
02-21-2015, 06:56 AM,

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from locolobo on February 20, 2015, 10:23 pm</b>

minotaur, I can't recall Forrest ever singling out any aspect of the Poem and stating that if it were identified you would be within a specified distance of the treasure..(but, WTH I'm getting older everyday!! Smile )....anyone else ever run across that???...deb?...Jason?...yates?...astree?...mdavis?...will1975?....anybody?
</div>
I can't recall Forrest saying anything about distance from the blaze to the chest but the closes thing was that he said if you was 12 feet that it wouldn't be possible not to find the chest ( paraphrasing )
02-21-2015, 06:57 AM,
Never mind Chris said it better than my non-coffee morning Smile
02-21-2015, 07:37 AM,
He said if you were within 12 feet of the TC you'd see it.
02-21-2015, 08:26 AM,
I think Buddy may have it right. I don't think he said anything about a distance from the blaze.

mdavis19
02-21-2015, 08:46 AM,

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from Buddy Allen on February 21, 2015, 7:37 am</b>

He said if you were within 12 feet of the TC you'd see it.
</div>

<b><i>I have not said that a searcher was closer than 12’ from the treasure. It is not likely that anyone would get that close and not find it</i>.</b>

The actual quote from Dal's site.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Solving the first two clues filmguy 8 846 05-17-2019, 03:34 PM
Last Post: easternOHsteve
  Bunny's Approach to solving the poem -poll Top Secret 15 3,524 05-12-2019, 09:14 AM
Last Post: Top Secret
  Why did forrest hide the chest that close. mikemarcum878 2 772 07-13-2018, 03:02 AM
Last Post: DeeepThnkr
  Has Forrest Been Asked About The Blaze Recently? windjc 4 2,639 10-26-2017, 03:41 PM
Last Post: AccountAtAGlance
  How to train for solving the poem... GoneAlone 14 4,712 04-26-2017, 07:33 PM
Last Post: Gordon Lightfoot
  Forrest Interview About The Blaze pens66 3 3,617 12-28-2016, 10:24 AM
Last Post: decall