Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
200 feet club survey
03-05-2015, 06:57 AM,
200 feet club survey
He has a lot of books on his library shelves, and they show pretty eclectic interests.
03-05-2015, 07:14 AM,
200 feet club survey
@Plasma when does the straight line Chama to Cody come in?
03-05-2015, 09:06 AM,
200 feet club survey

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from Chris Yates on March 5, 2015, 12:22 am</b>

<i><b>Sure, it's possible nobody is past the first 2 clues but imo he was talking about wwwh and hob.</b>

</i>

Decall, your opinion is wwh is one of the first 2 clues. tell me what you think about this. i said some of this earlier on Dal's, some thoughts i had

Forrest said once that WWH is the most difficult clue, and it gets easier after that. he didn't say which clue WWH was, only that it was the most difficult

when F said people got the first 2 clues, i notice that he doesn't say they got WWH, only that they got the first 2

if the first 2 clues are the only ones that F knows people have solved, based on what they've told him, and no one has solved it correctly past the first 2 ...

how much sense does it make that multiple people have solved the most difficult clue, but no one has solved it correct past that?

im thinking that F may not consider WWH one of the first 2 clues

</div>

Wwwh is not difficult, In fact, it's the most obvious (since tftw came out). All one needs is verification.

imho

clues

1.as I have going alone in there

2. ...treasures bold

3.begin it where...

4. and take it in the canyon down

5. etc.

Places

1. Wwwh

2. Hob

Ff throwing a curve ball mixing up the two places or clues imo

my compliments on deep thinking bro

Ω  200 ft. Club  Ω
03-05-2015, 09:26 AM,
200 feet club survey
more like grading on a curve IMO
03-05-2015, 09:51 AM,
200 feet club survey

<b>Quote from decall on March 5, 2015, 9:06 am</b>

Wwwh is not difficult, In fact, it's the most obvious (since tftw came out). All one needs is verification.

imho

</div>

Forrest has stated that the unintentional clue included in TFTW was the exclusion of the Canadian Rockies from the map. Are you saying that excluding Canada made WWWH more obvious to you?

mdavis19
03-05-2015, 09:55 AM,
200 feet club survey

<b>Quote from Chris Yates on March 5, 2015, 12:22 am</b>

<i><b>Sure, it's possible nobody is past the first 2 clues but imo he was talking about wwwh and hob.</b>

</i>

Decall, your opinion is wwh is one of the first 2 clues. tell me what you think about this. i said some of this earlier on Dal's, some thoughts i had

Forrest said once that WWH is the most difficult clue, and it gets easier after that. he didn't say which clue WWH was, only that it was the most difficult

when F said people got the first 2 clues, i notice that he doesn't say they got WWH, only that they got the first 2

if the first 2 clues are the only ones that F knows people have solved, based on what they've told him, and no one has solved it correctly past the first 2 ...

how much sense does it make that multiple people have solved the most difficult clue, but no one has solved it correct past that?

im thinking that F may not consider WWH one of the first 2 clues

</div>

That is some damn fine logical deduction on your part, Chris. I've always said that people discount there being clues in the first stanza at their peril.

mdavis19
03-05-2015, 10:00 AM,
200 feet club survey
As I have gone alone in there is revealing the end, where the chest is. It just happens to be in the beginning of the poem - like a Tarrantino film.

03-05-2015, 10:07 AM,
200 feet club survey
Big Grin That's funny El Fantasma...
03-05-2015, 11:12 AM,
200 feet club survey
All of what Forrest has said about the first two clues and people going past the next 7 clues and also being within 200 feet of the chest are accurate, according to my solution. I think the first 5 clues are 10-14 miles apart each and the blaze is very large as Milan has said. But the blaze is not anywhere near the treasure chest. The blaze is described 3 different times in the poem but you have to know more than the apparent meaning of the poem words to understand what those words are.

The area of the hidden chest, IMNSHO, is large (a couple of square miles) and there are many types of vegetation, land formations, and other variables that I won't describe. I've found most of the images that Forrest describes in his many Scrapbooks and interviews. He has completely described the whole area and that's why I think he has said he would give out no more information. There's not much more that he could give out. I've searched most of the area in a general way trying to make the final clue or two fit the chest site. There are multitudinous ways that his last clues can fit this area. I think I've now narrowed it down to a small area that depends on the interpretation of "title" from the last line of the poem. Even the line, "The end is ever drawing nigh" fits the chest location.

Just because I haven't yet found the chest doesn't mean I couldn't have been within 200 feet of it. Anyone who has done any significant searches knows that you could easily have been within 200 feet of the chest and not found it, and later be very confident that you have been that close. You may come up with a good solution to a clue that you didn't have when you last searched and realize that you could have walked right past it.

These are all just my ideas. I hope no one uses them.
03-05-2015, 11:15 AM,
200 feet club survey

<b>Quote from El Fantasma on March 5, 2015, 10:00 am</b>

The poem says "the end is ever drawing nigh." Though it's not far, but too far to walk between where warm waters halt and the home of Brown, after the put in, the poem says that the end is close. I think it's plausible that solving wwwh and hoB could put you in close proximity to the chest. There has been a great deal of focus on wwwh as the first clue. Forrest said that the are many places in the Rocky Mountains where warm waters halt and most of them are north of Santa Fe. In the context of if you don't know where to start you may as well stay home and play canasta, this confirms to me that wwwh is the first clue.

As I have gone alone in there is revealing the end, where the chest is. It just happens to be in the beginning of the poem - like a Tarrantino film.

</div>

Makes sense to me

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2019 Fenn Treasure Searcher Survey tyounis 7 1,829 06-09-2019, 05:59 PM
Last Post: tyounis
  So much for the 200 ft club! Mindy 25 6,216 10-20-2018, 08:23 AM
Last Post: astree
  500 200 foot club lostowl 44 19,642 07-31-2017, 12:28 PM
Last Post: jdigginsz
  welcome to the 200 foot club lostowl 3 2,848 07-19-2017, 12:30 PM
Last Post: lostowl