Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not far, but too far to walk
09-26-2013, 02:14 PM,
What if it is as simple as why walk it when you can drive? Many people can easly walk 20+ miles but if it is down a road, why not drive.... that's a much faster way to HOB...
09-26-2013, 03:39 PM,

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from tomwhat on August 10, 2013, 4:06 am</b>

Seeker, I'm not sure I follow you. Don't get too caught up on identifying exactly nine clues, and no more, and assigning them equal weight. I think the nine clues just refers to the sentences that compose the poem, but not each clue is as important as another.

For example I think "Begin it where warm waters halt And take it in the canyon down, Not far, but too far to walk." is WAY more important than "So why is it that I must go And leave my trove for all to seek?"
</div>

So why is it that I must go And leave my trove for all to seek? I find this to be a important clue for me cause it helped with finding Brave, Wood and Cold
09-26-2013, 06:59 PM,
I never was worried about being exact about how much was too far, only figured that 5 miles would be too little and 50 or more miles would be "just right".

I also never thought about an inch = 100 miles, but I do believe that references have been made by Mr. Fenn about just a mile. For example, an inch has been mentioned and for me, "give an inch, take a mile" and, in the book, Forrest mentions walking a mile in "the cold" to school. Hmm - worth your effort?
09-26-2013, 08:17 PM,
retired postmaster email me and i will tell you how far is to far to walk and where it is in TTOTC will197532@aol.com

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  clomp- to walk with loud, heavy steps/walk with a heavy tread. Gordon Lightfoot 8 1,065 02-14-2019, 06:25 AM
Last Post: easternOHsteve