Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Suppose Forrest died tomorrow
04-26-2015, 05:14 PM,
What if Forrest refuses to pass? Will the chase go on forever?
04-26-2015, 05:42 PM,
Oh right, like the poem purists are carrying on the fight right now, he said metaphorically.

04-26-2015, 06:12 PM,
I agree Larsonist. The score is still one hundred thousand to zero.
04-26-2015, 06:22 PM,
True confession time, James, I'm probably a 99% poem purist myself. The only credit I can give to outside hints is Tea with Olga in TTOTC. This story led me to the true nature of the home of Brown.

Nothing major mind you, just little stuff like that. (1% of $5,000,000.......yep, it was worth it!)

04-26-2015, 06:47 PM,
Hi Davis, I think the legend will continue to grow, there's a lot of other treasure stories that are more nonsense than truth, and they are still being hyped.
04-26-2015, 07:13 PM,
I look forward to seeing him in the afterlife
04-26-2015, 07:31 PM,

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from mdavis19 on April 26, 2015, 6:14 pm</b>

A lot of people seem worried that Forrest has gone quiet. I've noticed a lot of people's solutions seem to be based on things like his scrapbook posts and other stuff that Forrest has never said, or even hinted, contain anything helpful, instead of the poem. Some people seem to have an actual aversion to tying to solve the poem, and instead look for something, anything else in his words to base utterly doomed solutions on. Suppose Forrest died tomorrow and went quiet for good. I'm not trying to be morbid or wish him ill, but let's face it, he's probably not going to be around a lot longer. How will everyone out there who hangs on his every word and parse all his scrapbook and forum posts, email responses, featured questions, and Q&A appearances looking for nonexistent hints/clues to latch onto and base their bogus solves on handle it? Will they finally be forced to actually turn to the poem to try to solve the puzzle? Or will they just throw up their hands in frustration and leave the chase after they are cut off from their only source of new inspirations, wild conclusions and silly notions, leaving just us few poem purists to carry on the fight? It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

P

mdavis19
</div>

The reason he has gone quiet maybe, is he has ran out of things to hint with. Now he resorts to finding emails and stuff to relate to what he has already said. I'm a believer in Forrest hinting in just about everything he has ever said in regards to the chase. Why would anyone not look past the SB posts and quotes for more than what you think or see? To me, all he is doing is just giving the right solution a confirmation. Its simple. All of what he said will still exist when he passes and it will mean the exact same thing..

04-26-2015, 07:51 PM,

<b>Quote from admin on April 26, 2015, 6:36 pm</b>

Do you think that people who have corresponded with Forrest will speak out about different things they never would have, had he been around to hear? I'm kind of curious about that.
</div>

Maybe. You are probably the best person to answer that question. You have corresponded with him extensively. So would you speak out about things you are not saying now out of fear of offending him?

As for the poem...I think people will always try and grasp onto his stories for hints. The poem is so vague that you almost have to, because you're trying to find that one connection to meek he might have hinted about for example. He has said there are some hints in the first one(not the second that supports another searcher getting money).
</div>

The poem is vague by design. The longer I study it, the less vague it seems though. I think people give up too quickly and start casting around for something that they hope will provide some clarity or insight. But I'm pretty sure they are all fooling themselves. There aren't any shortcuts, just dead ends.

mdavis19
04-26-2015, 07:55 PM,

<b>Quote from Hammertime on April 26, 2015, 8:31 pm</b>
<div class="bbcode_quote">
<b>Quote from mdavis19 on April 26, 2015, 6:14 pm</b>

A lot of people seem worried that Forrest has gone quiet. I've noticed a lot of people's solutions seem to be based on things like his scrapbook posts and other stuff that Forrest has never said, or even hinted, contain anything helpful, instead of the poem. Some people seem to have an actual aversion to tying to solve the poem, and instead look for something, anything else in his words to base utterly doomed solutions on. Suppose Forrest died tomorrow and went quiet for good. I'm not trying to be morbid or wish him ill, but let's face it, he's probably not going to be around a lot longer. How will everyone out there who hangs on his every word and parse all his scrapbook and forum posts, email responses, featured questions, and Q&A appearances looking for nonexistent hints/clues to latch onto and base their bogus solves on handle it? Will they finally be forced to actually turn to the poem to try to solve the puzzle? Or will they just throw up their hands in frustration and leave the chase after they are cut off from their only source of new inspirations, wild conclusions and silly notions, leaving just us few poem purists to carry on the fight? It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

P

mdavis19
</div>

The reason he has gone quiet maybe, is he has ran out of things to hint with. Now he resorts to finding emails and stuff to relate to what he has already said. I'm a believer in Forrest hinting in just about everything he has ever said in regards to the chase. Why would anyone not look past the SB posts and quotes for more than what you think or see? To me, all he is doing is just giving the right solution a confirmation. Its simple. All of what he said will still exist when he passes and it will mean the exact same thing..</div>
</div>

Forrest isn't giving out any hints. He's said as much. Yet people persist in believing that almost everything he says is somehow a hint. It's crazy.

mdavis19

04-26-2015, 08:07 PM,
Mdavis- That's hilarious.. So in any part of your solve has nothing in relevance to what Forrest says outside of the poem and book?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  My first livestream tomorrow, 2/14/21 Mindy 6 2,547 02-19-2021, 02:45 AM
Last Post: Faulkins Maze
  The Flip Side's YouTube Show Tomorrow Features Me!!! minotaur_moreno 6 3,754 09-18-2018, 07:04 PM
Last Post: minotaur_moreno
  Just suppose SoulMates4Ever 5 2,478 07-27-2018, 12:25 AM
Last Post: DeeepThnkr
  Since this is the first day of November, Will tomorrow be a Turkey? Gordon Lightfoot 0 1,098 11-01-2017, 07:16 AM
Last Post: Gordon Lightfoot
  was this the red light that sloane was suppose to be waiting on to change pidmt 9 6,421 09-12-2017, 10:50 AM
Last Post: pidmt