Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Poem Purists are from the Devil!
05-10-2015, 10:24 AM,
There has been a nauseatingly silly misnomer floating through the fog of the blog for a while now that is simply too silly and immature to ignore. It has a heart of darkness and a soul of elitist self-righteousness that is used in the manner that many titles of elevation are used to separate the fit from the unfit.

Calling yourselves poem purists doesn’t make you any more likely to find the treasure or gain a special place in the heart of Saint Forrest. No one, save your pure band of brothers, respects you for using it. Currying favor and rank in this manner makes me puke.

You haven’t accomplished anything more than we the impure have, and probably much less, so your self-titling anointment is a hollow exercise in treasure-finding beatification. Get real, Saint Purist, you’re merely the patron to a team of sled dogs that are very comfortable with the sight of your north-bound south end.

The fact that you’re here on this blog is prima facie evidence of your non-purist habits. Admit it; you’re not here to exchange banana bread recipes. You’re here to suck as much blood as you can from the bodies of the masses. You are just as predatory as any wolf of Wall Street and I know for a fact that you relax with a cigarette after posting.

So there you go, my purist friends. You have been rounded up and branded. A large red P is burned onto your foreheads, a permanent blaze that can be followed by all the barking purists to come. There is no redemption. And for you there will be no treasure. Your kingly clothes are figments of your ego and you stand exposed as phonies and pretenders. You are hereby chastised, shamed, and berated.

Impurists, saddle up! Follow me! Gold awaits us! Hiyo Silver, away!

05-10-2015, 10:44 AM,

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from Larsonist on May 10, 2015, 11:24 am</b>

Impurists, saddle up! Follow me! Gold awaits us! Hiyo Silver, away!

</div>
05-10-2015, 11:12 AM,

<b>Quote from admin on May 10, 2015, 11:52 am</b>

lol never understood why a poem purist seems like they are evil lol.
</div>

The truly evil never show their nature. They wear the halo of innocence, yet hide the switchblade of betrayal ‘neath their flowing robes. Walk your blaze quickly and beware the purist who follows. --The Shadow

05-10-2015, 11:29 AM,
Just L'arsonist tossing another Molotov cocktail to get people arguing rather than discussing. He's good at that.
05-10-2015, 11:46 AM,

<b>Quote from old drum on May 10, 2015, 12:29 pm</b>

Just L'arsonist tossing another Molotov cocktail to get people arguing rather than discussing. He's good at that.
</div>

Kaboom!! You just got toasted!

(drum roll, please)

05-10-2015, 11:50 AM,

<b>Quote from Larsonist on May 10, 2015, 12:46 pm</b>
<div class="bbcode_quote">
<b>Quote from old drum on May 10, 2015, 12:29 pm</b>

</div>

Kaboom!! You just got toasted!

(drum roll, please)</div>
</div>

Drum, the discussion has been over for many months now. We're hangin' on by the skin of our members here. Something's gotta happen. Smiles are better than riots in the alley. And each jest is just a metaphor for the truth, don't you think?

05-10-2015, 11:52 AM,
[Image: 20gmlvq.gif]
05-10-2015, 12:02 PM,
Have no issue with "purist" and a contempt of it.

n. noun

1. One who practices or urges strict correctness, especially in the use of words.

This on the other hand:

It has a heart of darkness and a soul of elitist self-righteousness that is used in the manner that many titles of elevation are used to separate the fit from the unfit.

05-10-2015, 12:10 PM,
I'm the worst SOB Lar.......

05-10-2015, 12:24 PM,

<b>Quote from Ricky Nowak on May 10, 2015, 1:10 pm</b>

I'm the worst SOB Lar.......
</div>

Rick, you may not be from the devil, but I suspect you live in a zip code nearby. Wink

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  No Devil Dog In My Car, Thank You!! Gordon Lightfoot 19 1,091 02-17-2019, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Beavertooth
  Poem Purists Camps Sakar 18 3,265 08-10-2018, 09:24 AM
Last Post: fundamental design
  Non poem purists got it wrong. liv42dy 14 6,790 02-08-2016, 10:30 PM
Last Post: Hammertime
  A picture to ponder...don't read, poem purists! Mindy 16 9,952 09-26-2015, 11:07 AM
Last Post: Chris Yates