Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Poem Purists are from the Devil!
05-10-2015, 12:34 PM,
CuteSmile

Lar there is only 1 chest, with a few winners if that.

Stop feeling small, at the same time dal is great for filling everyone heads that you can all win.

Until we see this "Special Winner" which doesn't even exist yet, it is what it is, have funSmile
05-10-2015, 01:21 PM,

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from PL289 on May 10, 2015, 2:04 pm</b>

I'm tired of being misquoted.
</div>

Well, start signing things as Anon. You'll never be misquoted again.

05-10-2015, 01:48 PM,

<b>Quote from old drum on May 10, 2015, 12:29 pm</b>

Just L'arsonist tossing another Molotov cocktail to get people arguing rather than discussing. He's good at that.
</div>

It's called trolling. I generally ignore his pathetically obvious attempts at trolling. Besides, the unclean are not the ones who get to define what purity is, or how it should be practiced. He worships a false god.

mdavis19
05-10-2015, 02:13 PM,
I say let them assume they are all knowing and all wise in all things Fenn. Smile

Shhh they aren't listening.
05-10-2015, 02:37 PM,

<b>Quote from mdavis19 on May 10, 2015, 2:48 pm</b>
<div class="bbcode_quote">
<b>Quote from old drum on May 10, 2015, 12:29 pm</b>

Just L'arsonist tossing another Molotov cocktail to get people arguing rather than discussing. He's good at that.
</div>

It's called trolling. I generally ignore his pathetically obvious attempts at trolling. Besides, the unclean are not the ones who get to define what purity is, or how it should be practiced. He worships a false god.

mdavis19</div>
</div>

Uh-oh, name-calling is a definite sign of fear and confusion. The purists falter, stumble, pitch headlong into the pit of hintless blackness, falling, ever falling into a dim nether land of ghostly chests, first here, then there, but always out of reach. With hints all around, the purists dare not succumb to the lure of the siren. They trudge onward, the blaze never ending, the goal never reached. Shall we write their epitaph?

The Purist beneath died a' swearing.

That hints from a book had no bearing

On poems of Fenn, Are we mice? Are we men?

But a pauper's suit now he is wearing.

05-10-2015, 04:06 PM,

<b>Quote from Plasmalupus on May 10, 2015, 4:35 pm</b>

Having to read about the L'Arsonist discuss purity is like reading the Hollywood Madam's book on virginity. The sin is thick with this one.....
</div>

Purity is so over-rated, mostly by the purists themselves. Somebody has to expose the fraud. Big Grin

05-10-2015, 06:23 PM,
These purists remind me of my high school days. I would buy a dime bag from a guy who swore it was great stuff and pure Columbian Gold and instead it was bad stuff with wild hemp stalk mixed in.

It's the same exact thing because the purist is busy soaking in all the blogs and scrapbooks and listening to Forrest, but refusing to buy the one book with the pure Columbian Gold in it. So in the end all they have is garbage weed.

05-10-2015, 06:56 PM,
Little on the dark side Smile
05-10-2015, 08:20 PM,
Why do they make such a point about it? They keep pushing purism on us as if we are the Incapables and they are gifted with x-ray vision and ESP and ONE day they will solve everything. A cape with a capital P, and sheets to match!

There are two kinds of purists:

1) The kind that do everything daddy says to. I don't know how else to explain it. They possess some kind of mutant conservative gene that prevents them from straying from the party dogma. These people will one day be Scientologists.

2) The true elitists are those who are convinced they are above the fray by appearing analytically superior and deliberate. They may have some abilities of cautious behavior but once again, to push it maniacally reveals clinical signs of inferiority and an inability to function socially.

That'll be five cents please.

05-11-2015, 12:09 PM,

<b>Quote from FFSeeker on May 11, 2015, 10:39 am</b>

Ode to the Poem Purist - by ff
</div>

(I also posted this over on Stephanie's thread, "Why I tore up my book *dagnabit*"

Excellent composition, Seeker, hammer them till they break!

There is another side to the purist, though. On the surface they clamor for us to "Just use the poem, the poem is all you need!" In the meantime, what are they doing? Posting on blogs all over the web, reading them, analyzing them, hoarding them for future reference.

So why do they use this strategy? It's misdirection. If they can convince us to stay away from the books and sources outside the poem, the less likely we may be to put two and two together and wind up with four; four meaning good solid answers that get us closer to the chest.

Do you remember the photos that mdavis posted of his little treasure hunt bookcase? It was full of REFERENCE books on the chase, road atlases of the states, and others related to geography and geologic history. What a punk! Did I mention a heart of darkness yet?

The next time a purist exhorts you to 'just use the poem' ask them to list the books they have on the shelf, the evil books they claim aren't useful or necessary. I'll post the bookcase link when I find it. It's evidence. Cold hard irrefutable evidence. What a punk.

Read the whole thread below. Note TTOTC in a prominent position. Did I say PUNK yet?

[url] http://www.chasechat.com/chat/?minglefor...pic&t=2220[/url]

punk

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  No Devil Dog In My Car, Thank You!! Gordon Lightfoot 19 1,562 02-17-2019, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Beavertooth
  Poem Purists Camps Sakar 18 3,913 08-10-2018, 09:24 AM
Last Post: fundamental design
  Non poem purists got it wrong. liv42dy 14 7,316 02-08-2016, 10:30 PM
Last Post: Hammertime
  A picture to ponder...don't read, poem purists! Mindy 16 10,605 09-26-2015, 11:07 AM
Last Post: Chris Yates