Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Poem Purists are from the Devil!
05-11-2015, 12:21 PM,

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:

The truly evil never show their nature. They wear the halo of innocence, yet hide the switchblade of betrayal ‘neath their flowing robes.

</div>

Sounds like ol' Saint Fenn to me. Take two words away from your title, that's better.
05-11-2015, 02:41 PM,

<b>Quote from Plasmalupus on May 11, 2015, 3:18 pm</b>

My expectation would be for anybody really chasing this treasure to have a book shelf that at least has the books that Forrest mentioned in TOTC. It makes sense to me that there are clues in the book as well as in the books mentioned. Call it, clue within a clue. Then you need a map, the right map... In date, time and place.

I'm also pretty sure the L'Arsonist is working on an exorcism cure for all the purists, think it will include shaking a turquoise belt buckle in their face and the sprinkling of halted water....
</div>

As chief fireman I'm just trying to keep the area clear of waste, fraud & abuse. Mostly fraud. When a purist says what a purist does, then goes undercover and under the table to scurry about for crumbs and scraps--essentially lying--then I feel obligated to yell shenanigans. Parasites. Remora. Not symbiosis by any stretch.

If I sprinkle them with halted water, they might die. Hmmmmm...now there's a thought.

05-11-2015, 02:53 PM,
well originally there was the poem puritans, they followed the gospel of the poem to the letter with no corruption or otherwise outside the poem worldly influence whatsoever

then came the second denomination of poem puritanism. after a while there was others including the second denomination of reformed poem puritanism twice removed and soon it became a little confusing as to what they really believed anymore.

far enough out on the fringes they soon believed that anything was fair game and you wondered why they even called themselves puritans anymore

05-11-2015, 02:56 PM,
i dont even want to get into the great debate a couple years back between answer and answers. that was during the time of The First Great Schism
05-11-2015, 03:07 PM,

<b>Quote from Larsonist on May 11, 2015, 1:09 pm</b>
<div class="bbcode_quote">
<b>Quote from FFSeeker on May 11, 2015, 10:39 am</b>

Ode to the Poem Purist - by ff
</div>

(I also posted this over on Stephanie's thread, "Why I tore up my book *dagnabit*"

Excellent composition, Seeker, hammer them till they break!</div>
</div>

Good luck with that. You might as well be hammering on a granite slab with a rubber mallet.

There is another side to the purist, though. On the surface they clamor for us to "Just use the poem, the poem is all you need!" In the meantime, what are they doing? Posting on blogs all over the web, reading them, analyzing them, hoarding them for future reference.

So why do they use this strategy? It's misdirection. If they can convince us to stay away from the books and sources outside the poem, the less likely we may be to put two and two together and wind up with four; four meaning good solid answers that get us closer to the chest.

Do you remember the photos that mdavis posted of his little treasure hunt bookcase? It was full of REFERENCE books on the chase, road atlases of the states, and others related to geography and geologic history. What a punk! Did I mention a heart of darkness yet?

The next time a purist exhorts you to 'just use the poem' ask them to list the books they have on the shelf, the evil books they claim aren't useful or necessary. I'll post the bookcase link when I find it. It's evidence. Cold hard irrefutable evidence. What a punk.

Read the whole thread below. Note TTOTC in a prominent position. Did I say PUNK yet?

[url] http://www.chasechat.com/chat/?minglefor...pic&t=2220[/url]

punk

</div>

Hope you were taking notes, you amateur, wannabe troll, because you just got schooled in the fine art of trolling. Hahaha.

mdavis19

05-11-2015, 03:08 PM,

And a voice of reason arose in the Wilderness....and the people heard the voice and great shouts of jubilation went forth. And the voice csme to be called Stephanie.

=====

DON’T RESEARCH...THINK!!!

https://www.allmovie.com/movie/v46056

Oh Homeo, Oh Homeo, Wherefore art thou Homeo ?
05-11-2015, 03:11 PM,

<b>Quote from PL289 on May 11, 2015, 3:46 pm</b>

It's certainly a test of confidence to send mixed messages this late in the game. A failure is a failure regardless of whether you knew it in the beginning or at the end.
</div>

I think the purists are desperate people, grasping at any straw that could stretch out the search, hoping to make it last till they somehow crack all the clues. Some of these folks have spent great sums and I'm very sorry for that. Others, with highly evolved intellects, have bashed their gray matter against the poem and failed again and again to decipher Forrest's intentions. Lot of ego involved there. (Quick, how can I slow the others down??)

Deduction is a skill that these folks may not possess. It's hard to be Sherlock, hard to bring all the clues, hints, and innuendo together in a contiguous coherent series of steps. Not many people can do this.

You need to be detective, scientist, artist all in one. It may have taken him 80 years but I think Forrest is all these things, and that is a formidable foe,

05-11-2015, 03:12 PM,
Repent! For the kingdom of Heaven is at hand... The devil comes to kill, steal, and destroy. Also he comes to speak evil things about people.
05-11-2015, 03:14 PM,

<b>Quote from admin on May 11, 2015, 3:59 pm</b>

Why the anger? He said all you need is the poem so why would you flip out if someone says that is THEIR stradegy? Mdavis might have reference books from early on thinking. I know ive tried lots of ideas but keep going back to only needing poem like forrest said. So i always make sure to test my thinking on that statement.
</div>

I provoked him. He's been lobbing trolly Molotovs in my direction for a while. I decided to get out the flame thrower and fire back. He got toasted good. There appears there may be a little collateral damage as well. Oh well, can't make an omelet without breaking a few eggs.

mdavis19
05-11-2015, 03:31 PM,
Am I a poem purist?

I think, and do extensive research and organize it in multiple formats, follow every kind of lead that appears logical or potentially helpful to my quest, I have read Fenn's books and other books, have had 130 year-old books sent from distant libraries, translated non-English text, I scour the web, study both real and imagined maps, read the worthy views and insights of others and simultaneously suffer inane and self-absorbed posts by certain special snowflakes, post a few thoughts, walk and observe intently in the Rockies, and essentially and otherwise do anything under the sun that feels right to me in discovering a pure understanding of the poem.

But still I spend far more time with the poem alone, either on paper or in seeing every word in my mind, than all that other stuff. The poem is the touchstone, and all other sources must go through it.

And there is a philosophy that has been stated by others and myself, that nothing outside of the poem is a prerequisite for solving it correctly. For example, if something in the entire universe of knowledge outside the poem is useful with your understanding of the poem, then you may be making progress. But if you absolutely require a particular chapter in TTOTC or part of a SB, for example, to construct your solution, then you have an artificial foundation to your solution.

I believe that all of Forrest's comments, despite a range of reasonable contradictions to be expected in any elderly person's ongoing statements over time, support this.

The poem purists may not be from the devil, but the devil is in the details. "You need to be detective, scientist, artist all in one." And perhaps an architect, poet, fly fisherman and <i>good listener</i> as well.

It's your thing, do what you wanna do. I can't tell you, who to sock it to...

Halogetter

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  No Devil Dog In My Car, Thank You!! Gordon Lightfoot 19 1,091 02-17-2019, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Beavertooth
  Poem Purists Camps Sakar 18 3,265 08-10-2018, 09:24 AM
Last Post: fundamental design
  Non poem purists got it wrong. liv42dy 14 6,790 02-08-2016, 10:30 PM
Last Post: Hammertime
  A picture to ponder...don't read, poem purists! Mindy 16 9,952 09-26-2015, 11:07 AM
Last Post: Chris Yates