Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Poem Purists are from the Devil!
02-08-2016, 10:36 PM,
RE: Poem Purists are from the Devil!
(02-08-2016, 09:54 PM)liv42dy Wrote: Such big unnecessary words to prove such a pointless impurity such as yours. What the "@&$) was that? Clueless Go with that.
No doubt, you do like to hear yourself talk, or blog that is.Unreal.Liv42dy

Impurists, saddle up! Follow me! Gold awaits us! Hiyo Silver, away!

Kinda shows you what you're up against, doesn't it boyo? Stop squeakin' and saddle up little feller, we got gold to find!
05-12-2019, 11:04 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-19-2019, 09:11 AM by Top Secret.)
(05-10-2015, 10:24 AM)Larsonist Wrote: There has been a nauseatingly silly misnomer floating through the fog of the blog for a while now that is simply too silly and immature to ignore. It has a heart of darkness and a soul of elitist self-righteousness that is used in the manner that many titles of elevation are used to separate the fit from the unfit.

Calling yourselves poem purists doesn’t make you any more likely to find the treasure or gain a special place in the heart of Saint Forrest. No one, save your pure band of brothers, respects you for using it. Currying favor and rank in this manner makes me puke.

You haven’t accomplished anything more than we the impure have, and probably much less, so your self-titling anointment is a hollow exercise in treasure-finding beatification. Get real, Saint Purist, you’re merely the patron to a team of sled dogs that are very comfortable with the sight of your north-bound south end.

The fact that you’re here on this blog is prima facie evidence of your non-purist habits. Admit it; you’re not here to exchange banana bread recipes. You’re here to suck as much blood as you can from the bodies of the masses. You are just as predatory as any wolf of Wall Street and I know for a fact that you relax with a cigarette after posting.

So there you go, my purist friends. You have been rounded up and branded. A large red P is burned onto your foreheads, a permanent blaze that can be followed by all the barking purists to come. There is no redemption. And for you there will be no treasure. Your kingly clothes are figments of your ego and you stand exposed as phonies and pretenders. You are hereby chastised, shamed, and berated.

Well looky here....
Notice how the greatest social experiment ever conducted converted the anti-poem purist into a Davis and Seannm worshiper! Amazing what you can achieve when you lock up a group of outcasts on a lonely island.
ROTFLMAO
05-19-2019, 08:44 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-19-2019, 08:47 AM by Top Secret.)
(05-10-2015, 10:24 AM)Larsonist Wrote: There has been a nauseatingly silly misnomer floating through the fog of the blog for a while now that is simply too silly and immature to ignore. It has a heart of darkness and a soul of elitist self-righteousness that is used in the manner that many titles of elevation are used to separate the fit from the unfit.

Calling yourselves poem purists doesn'€™t make you any more likely to find the treasure or gain a special place in the heart of Saint Forrest. No one, save your pure band of brothers, respects you for using it. Currying favor and rank in this manner makes me puke.
If a "poem purist" only uses the poem by definition, then where do they get the constraints 5000-10200?
Why are they not searching Canada, Washington, Nevada or North Dakota? Where is that in the poem that tells them to search in the Rockies?
Where is the poem does it say to search north of Santa Fe?

If that purist takes a single fact or theory, even if universally regarded as right, from any other source then they have no chance.

Yup even purists use Fenn's words and guys like Seannm uses Fenn's words even more than anyone. Laughable.
05-19-2019, 11:52 AM,
Hook, line and sinker. Puppet master strikes again, like shooting fish in a barrel. ROLFLMAO!
05-19-2019, 10:40 PM,

Calling yourselves poem purists doesn’t make you any more likely to find the treasure or gain a special place in the heart of Saint Forrest. No one, save your pure band of brothers, respects you for using it. Currying favor and rank in this manner makes me puke.

You haven’t accomplished anything more than we the impure have, and probably much less, so your self-titling anointment is a hollow exercise in treasure-finding beatification. Get real, Saint Purist, you’re merely the patron to a team of sled dogs that are very comfortable with the sight of your north-bound south end.

The fact that you’re here on this blog is prima facie evidence of your non-purist habits. Admit it; you’re not here to exchange banana bread recipes. You’re here to suck as much blood as you can from the bodies of the masses. You are just as predatory as any wolf of Wall Street and I know for a fact that you relax with a cigarette after posting.

So there you go, my purist friends. You have been rounded up and branded. A large red P is burned onto your foreheads, a permanent blaze that can be followed by all the barking purists to come. There is no redemption. And for you there will be no treasure. Your kingly clothes are figments of your ego and you stand exposed as phonies and pretenders. You are hereby chastised, shamed, and berated.

That's a clever, amusing posting . . . even if it is a few years old.
05-19-2019, 10:44 PM,
(05-19-2019, 08:44 AM)Top Secret Wrote:

Calling yourselves poem purists doesn'€™t make you any more likely to find the treasure or gain a special place in the heart of Saint Forrest. No one, save your pure band of brothers, respects you for using it. Currying favor and rank in this manner makes me puke.
If a "poem purist" only uses the poem by definition, then where do they get the constraints 5000-10200?
Why are they not searching Canada, Washington, Nevada or North Dakota? Where is that in the poem that tells them to search in the Rockies?

If that purist takes a single fact or theory, even if universally regarded as right, from any other source then they have no chance.

Yup even purists use Fenn's words and guys like Seannm uses Fenn's words even more than anyone. Laughable.

I think there are no real poem purists. It's all a myth, like "fairness".
Folks (including snowflakes) should get over this.
05-21-2019, 11:44 AM,
(05-19-2019, 10:44 PM)legacyhelper Wrote:
(05-19-2019, 08:44 AM)Top Secret Wrote:

I think there are no real poem purists. It's all a myth, like "fairness".
Folks (including snowflakes) should get over this.
Agreed. I poke fun at the concept because it really is silly and some people are so defensive, it makes me laugh.

The term "poem purist" should be eliminated. A more more realistic and appropriate definition is "poem focused" since we all use varying degrees of the poem in our research, but absolutely no one is purely poem.
05-21-2019, 12:54 PM, (This post was last modified: 05-21-2019, 12:56 PM by filmguy.)
Picture this:
If I was having a treasure hunt and I told everyone to meet me at Big Bend State Park, then once there I handed you a poem with clues to a treasure what would do you? Would you say the (generic) poem isn't enough information and that the treasure could be anywhere in the world? Or would you assume Big Bend is the starting point and from there start looking for clues?

In a lot of ways Fenn ruined the chase by changing the starting location to in the Rockies.
Before this ever got on Good Morning America earlier hunters like Dal and myself were ONLY searching in New Mexico why?
Because the book lays out the starting point - somewhere north of Santa Fe.
Because the book is only sold in one location - Santa Fe.
Therefore, if you are starting in Santa Fe and Fenn hands you the poem what do you do?
Complain that the poem can take you anyway in the world?
Or do you start looking around north of Santa Fe for clues?

This is why I believe it's possible that the ONLY thing you need is the poem, IF that poem was given to you at the starting point and you go from there (which it was).
05-22-2019, 08:03 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-22-2019, 08:03 AM by fundamental design.)
(05-21-2019, 12:54 PM)filmguy Wrote: Picture this:
If I was having a treasure hunt and I told everyone to meet me at Big Bend State Park, then once there I handed you a poem with clues to a treasure what would do you? Would you say the (generic) poem isn't enough information and that the treasure could be anywhere in the world? Or would you assume Big Bend is the starting point and from there start looking for clues?

In a lot of ways Fenn ruined the chase by changing the starting location to in the Rockies.
Before this ever got on Good Morning America earlier hunters like Dal and myself were ONLY searching in New Mexico why?
Because the book lays out the starting point - somewhere north of Santa Fe.
Because the book is only sold in one location - Santa Fe.
Therefore, if you are starting in Santa Fe and Fenn hands you the poem what do you do?
Complain that the poem can take you anyway in the world?
Or do you start looking around north of Santa Fe for clues?

This is why I believe it's possible that the ONLY thing you need is the poem, IF that poem was given to you at the starting point and you go from there (which it was).

Well, I tried the approach that you favor here before and I told myself I would not do that again.

When I lived in Seattle, I was working on a treasure hunt that a Seattle radio station designed and promoted. It didn’t have any set boundaries listed anywhere. I just assumed (like your favored approach here) that the secreted place would be in the Seattle city proper area. Nope, it turns out that the secret place was about as far away from Seattle as one could go on the Washington coast at a light house.

Like I have mentioned on this blog a few times, I heard of the Chase many months before I actually began attempts to figure out the poem. I didn’t start trying to figure it out until f established boundaries. I learned from the past.

Howdy, Mister.
05-22-2019, 02:54 PM,
Filmguy said: "Because the book is only sold in one location - Santa Fe."

@ filmguy
https://www.amazon.com/Thrill-Chase-Forr...0967091780
just saying ss

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  No Devil Dog In My Car, Thank You!! Gordon Lightfoot 19 1,091 02-17-2019, 09:22 PM
Last Post: Beavertooth
  Poem Purists Camps Sakar 18 3,265 08-10-2018, 09:24 AM
Last Post: fundamental design
  Non poem purists got it wrong. liv42dy 14 6,790 02-08-2016, 10:30 PM
Last Post: Hammertime
  A picture to ponder...don't read, poem purists! Mindy 16 9,952 09-26-2015, 11:07 AM
Last Post: Chris Yates