Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gold Prospectors Magazine
07-21-2013, 11:33 AM,
[Image: JulyAugust2013MagCover.jpg]

The current issue of Gold Prospectors magazine. Awareness level way up, and tons of more players.These type of people live this stuff.

Good, greater the glory when this is found.

Rick

07-21-2013, 10:27 PM,
I bought a copy at Fred Meyers, so this mag is available at retail locations with a good selection.
07-22-2013, 05:42 AM,
I've been a member of GPAA for many years. Gold prospecting is one of my hobbies. GPAA/LDMA is a huge organization. Yeah, there are going to be a lot more people out in the field looking for the treasure now.

mdavis19
07-22-2013, 09:31 AM,
Mr. Fenn must want the treasure found quickly and wants it located for a sort of closure. He had no idea it would get this big and after it hit this magazine, everyone will want to find it and locations like Colorado, New Mexico, and all of the other search locations are going to be prime tourist attractions and hopefully make lots of money for their states. Someone will figure it out and walk right to it Mr. Fenn knew exactly what he was doing with this move. He is a smart sly man and has thought all of this out very carefully!!!! Bravo, Mr. Fenn We shall all continue the chase as long as it is still out there....

07-22-2013, 02:43 PM,
I think the Chase getting big is exactly what he wants. He has been giving interviews to magazines, blogs, radio shows and on national television many times taking about it and giving out clues. You don't do that when you are trying to keep something the least bit small.
07-22-2013, 05:32 PM,
I must be missing something about this Chase being "big". Well it's not me or any of us who's missing it (because here we are), just the rest of the people out there, most of whom still haven't even heard about it. I'm not sure what "move" Judymw is talking about with regard to Gold Prospector's Magazine either. Are you (Judymw) implying that Forrest contacted them? I kind of doubt it, but you never know. I would think that a mag like this would have picked up on the Chase months ago if it were that "big" since it's right up their alley. And really, a niche market mag like this probably has a circulation of 50,000 at best. Or the population of my tiny town where I live. I'm not trying to rain on anyone's parade, but we are a tiny minority. If anything, I think the Chase is losing momentum if the blog activity is any indicator (all blogs in general). It seemed to peak in late April, early May. The Today Show wasn't exactly busting a$$ to get that last clue aired either. More people could tell you Kim Kardashian's baby's name than would know about this Chase. Sad, but true in today's America. Sad
07-22-2013, 08:54 PM,
This is not the only show in town. Treasure Net (63,202 members) has a Fenn thread with 146,708 views and 1211 replies.

Tweleve org has a thread on Fenn. 20,422 views 291 replies Members 18,858.

The funny thing is their all tearing each other apart, really bad on Treasure Net. Really a good sign in a competition.

Most people aren't going to get into a game starting at $1500. GoodSmile

07-23-2013, 03:16 PM,
Yes it's big. Not Superbowl big, or Royal Baby big, or new iPhone big. But yes, The Chase is big. Bang for the buck, he's doing pretty dern good for his money. Figure he has spent $2 million on the chest, treasure, book printing, and other out of pocket marketing expenses. He's had several minutes airtime many times over on local and national tv, radio, print mags. He's got a good sized internet following spread around the various forums, facebook and everything.

A national TV commercial costs about a quarter million dollars to produce a 30 second spot, and $25 per 1000 people for prime time. He could buy one commercial and play it 7 times in front of 10 million people for his money, then be spent. That's once a day for a week on a show about as popular as "Under The Dome". He's been drilling this message home for <i>3 years</i> and still going strong!