Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Thrill of the Chase, themes, and clues
05-17-2015, 12:13 PM,
What if every clue is attached to a theme in The Thrill of the Chase? Could be a clue attached to something Skippy did, Clue involving planes or flying around, etc.

Some major themes, I think.

- Flying

- Skippy

- Peggy

- Art

- Fishing

- Death

Anything, I'm missing?

05-17-2015, 12:56 PM,
Stephanie,

Hadnt you at one time mentioned the Manly Chase ranch, based on the Chase theme?

'where the Rockies meet the Plains'

'
=====

DON’T RESEARCH...THINK!!!

https://www.allmovie.com/movie/v46056

WP (stock symbol)
05-17-2015, 02:06 PM,
If there is a consistent theme, I think it is time and timelessness. He is trying to find a way to make his time on earth timeless. He wants to avoid the fate of the French soldiers and his father and the people who enter and exit Shakespeare's stage. Time has a beginning and an end. Timelessness has beginnings ands that intersect. That theme runs through the book and the poem. It's the key to solving the poem imo.. His fascination with archeology reflects the same theme. It,s his connection to timelessness.
05-18-2015, 09:25 AM,
Skippy obviously plays an important role here. Skippy is a popular brand of peanut butter too. <b>"Butarry"</b> Also maybe Country Crock butter. (Shedd's Country Crock) I feel like that ff owned some alligators or cocs at one point? Here is a childrens show that was on TV a while back

<b>Christopher Crocodile</b> is an animated children's cartoon TV series. It was started in 1993 and was produced by Direct Entertainment Ltd.[1]

The eponymous protagonist of the series is <b>Christopher Crocodile,</b> who, according to the plot, left his native Mudagascar (a clear parallel of Madagascar) to devote his energy and inventive mind to helping the people of Muddytown, where most of the programmes are set. Muddy Town receives a lot of rain, which makes it a very muddy place. This was bad news for Mayor Muggins and the townsfolk, who are stuck living under a cloud all of the time, in this most unappealing of places. But it's good news for the crocodile, who likes nothing more than to wallow in the muddy pools around town, slurping on jars of <b>peanut butter and custard</b>. <b>Christopher turns out to be an asset to Muddy Town, because he happens to be rather clever inventor with an eye for new gadgets, gizmos and designs, almost all of which are highly improbable in real life.</b>

Could he be talking about a C-Rock, or a Carbonatite rock with the blaze on it. maybe 2 omegas or something?

05-18-2015, 09:34 AM,

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from Hammertime on May 18, 2015, 10:25 am</b>

Skippy obviously plays an important role here. Skippy is a popular brand of peanut butter too. <b>"Butarry"</b> Also maybe Country Crock butter. (Shedd's Country Crock) I feel like that ff owned some alligators or cocs at one point? Here is a childrens show that was on TV a while back

</div>

Regarding the Peanut Butter, what about the capital letters in the poem

But tarry scant with marvel gaze

Put in below the home of Brown.

=====

WP (stock symbol)
05-18-2015, 09:36 AM,

<b>Quote from astree on May 17, 2015, 1:56 pm</b>

Stephanie,

Hadnt you at one time mentioned the Manly Chase ranch, based on the Chase theme?

'where the Rockies meet the Plains'

'
</div>

Stephanie, \

Thanks, okay, re: Tarryall. What do you think about the "Manly Chase" ranch at Cimarron ?

=====

WP (stock symbol)
05-18-2015, 09:46 AM,

<b>Quote from astree on May 18, 2015, 10:34 am</b>
<div class="bbcode_quote">
<b>Quote from Hammertime on May 18, 2015, 10:25 am</b>

</div>

Regarding the Peanut Butter, what about the capital letters in the poem

But tarry scant with marvel gaze,

Put in below the home of Brown.

.</div>
</div>

Is Skippy's middle name Marvin? He is a Jr. right? Crock is also a jar or pot (stir your spirits), or simply a made-up story. Maybe the shed is a blaze? there may be a shed near that tells you to look quickly down.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  THE CLUES AND THE CHASE bladeorion1262 2 516 11-08-2019, 03:25 AM
Last Post: easternOHsteve
  My song for the Thrill. Thrill #7 5GIRLS 0 341 10-12-2019, 07:06 PM
Last Post: 5GIRLS
  Kenny's Song by Steve Young - Similar themes to the poem. DeltaDuo 1 694 11-17-2018, 12:35 AM
Last Post: Beavertooth
  Six Questions with Forrest Fenn and The Thrill of the Chase: Double Charmed DL167 115 47,422 03-06-2018, 06:52 AM
Last Post: will197532
  Themes for each Chapter (TTOTC) filmguy 0 987 03-05-2018, 03:07 PM
Last Post: filmguy
  Clarifications in the Thrill of the Chase Mindy 14 6,358 08-29-2017, 06:01 AM
Last Post: easternOHsteve