Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
After having gone on at least one search, how much do your "stars" (clues, etc.) have to align to have a solution worth
07-21-2013, 11:47 AM,
After having gone on at least one search, how much do your "stars" (clues, etc.) have to align to have a solution worth
Putting aside all the realistic factors (distance to travel, time available, family needs and support, finances, health, etc.), there still comes that "gut feeling" that it will be worth the effort to make another trip.

I've seen percentages (%) needed to explain another "effort" worth the journey. Of course, everyone who has made a search is richer in other ways, whether for enjoying the outdoors and time with family as Mr. Fenn has hoped or getting to see our beautiful Rocky Mountains.

Each search attempt also gives further insight and opens up new directions, but, for me, the following is necessary for a new attempt:

-Being able to visualize the poem's path to the treasure by pulling together all the clues on multiple levels

-Having your solution be in an area above 5,000 ft.

-Having had at least one "Eureka" moment that adds to your confidence

-Knowing your solution is a spot that could be important to Forrest Fenn

-Having a spot that could fit with the "within 500 feet comment"

-Having a spot that will add, on an even bigger level, a "Wow" factor, as the word "surprise" was used by Mr. Fenn

07-21-2013, 01:09 PM,
Hi Postmaster, For me it's just one thing. Mr. Fenn said that the person that solves the poem, would move with confidence. The poem tells us that we have to be "wise to find the blaze". I would only set out again if I was certain, that I knew exactly what and where the blaze was. HTH
07-21-2013, 10:25 PM,
Great question. I hope we get a good discussion going.

I have three good spots, and I mean really good. Better than I have seen explained from anybody else. But it can't be at all three, so the best case scenario is that it's at one of them and that's still a 66% failure rate. I will have to analyze what went wrong if I don't find it, specifically the difference between what the ground looks like from Google Earth and what it looks like in person.

I'm so focused on my 3 spots that I can't really consider anything else, but I have a big list of ideas to track down over the winter. My search next year, if it's not found, will have to be spots at least as good as what I have now.
07-21-2013, 10:31 PM,
Postmaster, I think all of those things are required, with the possible exception of the "Eureka"...those kinds of epiphanies tend to blind you and keep you from really questioning your spot.

If there is anything at all wrong with your spot you might consider a different site first. You should identify 9 clues in the poem that fit your site exactly. Any holes in your logic probably indicate you are in the wrong place.
07-22-2013, 06:12 AM,
postmaster,

I don't need a whole lot of stars to make a site worth a look. I drive across the country four times a year anyway (twice west and twice back east). So I can easily plan my path to take me to several sites along the way on each trip even if there is no "Eureka" moment attached to any of them.

I had a "Eureka" moment on the first site I ever searched. I was so sure it was the place. I still look back at that site and wonder how it couldn't be the right place. Everything fits, but no blaze and no treasure. Since that first search I have made a list of lots of other potential WWWH places, and even a few with potential homes of Brown nearby. But no more "Eureka" moments. Just lots of "yeah, that could be it" moments. Maybe I am just not willing to get my hopes too high any more after that first failure. But I don't think that the real hiding place is going to stand out enough on a map or in Google Earth to provide a "Eureka" moment while doing research. Otherwise the treasure would have been found by now. It will probably be necessary to be there on the ground. Once you get past WWWH and the home of Brown of a potential site, then the "Eureka" moment will happen as the other clues start clicking into place just before you find the treasure.
07-22-2013, 06:27 AM,

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from CO Searcher on July 21, 2013, 11:31 pm</b>

Postmaster, I think all of those things are required, with the possible exception of the "Eureka"...those kinds of epiphanies tend to blind you and keep you from really questioning your spot.

If there is anything at all wrong with your spot you might consider a different site first. <b>You should identify 9 clues in the poem that fit your site exactly. Any holes in your logic probably indicate you are in the wrong place.</b>
</div>

How can you identify 9 things when you dont know what they really are?
07-22-2013, 08:14 AM,
I will only go out when I know I can move with confidence, ff says the person that finds it will go right to it, so I won't go out if I am only 99% only will I go at 100%. When nothing has to be made to fit and things fall into place on their own. I truly think each clue is harder then the next and it takes time to get it all in place, I won't go out based on WWH and canyons, or even Browns. In my opinion those 3 things fit just about anywhere!
07-22-2013, 08:24 AM,
Thank you for all your good responses. I totally agree about adding knowing what the blaze is.

On my first trip, all my poem clues did line up, but I couldn't find what I had decided would be the blaze. On Mother's Day, of all days, this grandma of 10 kept climbing up a creek path (a change of 1500 ft altitude) always thinking the blaze was just ahead. We were exhausted, especially since we had just driven for 4 days from the Northeast and it was unseasonable hot weather across the country.

My ever supportive husband will make another trip (by Amtrak) in the future. We now know that you don't have to exhaust yourself in this endeavor. I will not make the trip until everything does fit, I know what the blaze is, and I can move with confidence.

The "Eureka" comment actually was a parallel to Archimede's discovery. When you least expect it, our minds will figure something out for us while we are doing something totally different.
07-22-2013, 08:30 AM,
I keep hoping I will have a dream about it... I tend to dream about solutions that I miss in my waking hours to all lifes problems that come my way!
07-22-2013, 08:38 AM,
Anything is possible! I intentionally cram my brain with as much as I can about the search and, because my brain does work on it when I am in a semi-awake state, I have awakened with some interesting leads to follow.

Another positive for me is that my brain is being super exercised and that can't hurt at any age.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stars and birds what do you get out of this. mikemarcum03 3 1,049 04-18-2019, 08:22 AM
Last Post: John Brown
  For what it's worth.... Uncoveredtruth 3 1,536 02-13-2018, 06:23 AM
Last Post: Mindy
  Is there any possible way I can give myself 5 STARS on some of my threads??... Gordon Lightfoot 12 2,969 11-24-2017, 06:00 PM
Last Post: Gordon Lightfoot
  Stars, Asterisks, Symbolism, and ADHD Ramblings Mindy 13 4,658 10-18-2017, 08:21 PM
Last Post: Mindy
  The Search For Wisdom (SOLUTION EXPLAINED WITHIN) Iron Will 2 1,703 12-22-2014, 07:19 AM
Last Post: Iron Will