Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
After having gone on at least one search, how much do your "stars" (clues, etc.) have to align to have a solution worth
07-22-2013, 09:29 AM,
After having gone on at least one search, how much do your "stars" (clues, etc.) have to align to have a solution worth
So searching depends on a few things. If you have the time and money I would say just go searching for the fun of it. If you have to travel some distance and spend several hundreds in doing so I would make sure the spots match up close to 100 percent. So since I am already in New Mexico I will go for day trips some places within an couple or three hours away hours away just to see if my solution could fit.

So I think this all relative to money and distance you have to travel. I would suggest at least one trip regardless because google Earth is not a good indicator of what an area really is like and nothing beats boots on the ground and then you really have a good idea of how vast areas can be in searching for a little chest.
07-22-2013, 09:52 AM,
Hi Postmaster, The odds of winning the powerball lottery are something like 22 million to 1, I would say that the odds of finding the chest are twice that. If a person lives close I would say search away, I would be out often. It costs me $1000 to drive out there and back. That could buy 500 lottery tickets, I know that I would make some money on that. HTH.
07-22-2013, 02:01 PM,
I do understand how it would make more sense to spend the money to play the lottery, but there would be something missing for me. I guess at this point in my life, I know that finding the solution to Mr. Fenn's treasure hunt is the "thrill" that challenges me - not so much how the treasure would change my life financially and definitely it is not fame that would matter to me.

Like Mr. Fenn, I loved reading and watching mysteries when I was young, always searching for the solution before the end of the book or the movie. If all the stars do align for me, I know I will try one more time.
07-22-2013, 02:19 PM,
I don't think you have to have all 9 clues figured out 100% to make a go of it. The chance that your mind works in exactly the same way, yet perfectly opposite, to Forrest's mind is very slight. He might have encoded a clue in one way, and you decoded it in a different way, but you could still get to the treasure.

Look at all the different ways we searchers have interpreted the clues. Take "Where Warm Waters Halt" as an example. I might think it's where the Firehole river meets the Madison, you might think it's Hebgen Dam, Stephanie might think it's the Continental Divide; all are miles apart. But we might "sync up" later in the poem and come to the same hidey hole.

Get "good enough" and go search!
07-22-2013, 02:59 PM,
Thank you tomwhat. You never know - I do have my Amtrak Guest Reward Points saved up for a free roundtrip out West!
07-22-2013, 07:42 PM,
Hi Postmaster, My point was, that the search area is over a thousand square miles, comprised of 100 different mountain ranges, that make up the Rocky's, with hundreds of potential homes of brown and hundreds of potential warm waters, ect. The poem doesn't tell us that we have to be wise to find the HOB or WWH, but it does tell us that we have to be wise to find the Blaze. To me this implies, that we can start the search anywhere that seems to fit the poem and we are not going to find the Blaze, because the Blaze is the key and has to be known before hand to have any chance of finding the chest. I to love the chase, I'm just saying consider the facts. Personally I would take the free train ride, to get a look at the sort of country you'd be searching. I have been out there and if I was certain that I had The Blaze located, I would still expect to spend at least several weeks in the field. HTH James.
07-24-2013, 01:31 PM,
My stars keep lining up.

Even understanding the got the first 2 clues correct.

And within 500 ft.

I do believe I was there,but I only had 1 hour to search.

It would be pretty difficult for anyone to complete the hunt in 1 hour.

So I keep doing as Forrest said the confident person would do.

I keep researching the poem over and over again.

And more and more details emerge.

So many details it is either the universe has a sense of humor or Forrest is even more clever than we will ever know.

I am a knowitall,so I have to keep studying.

07-25-2013, 10:37 AM,
Why go with only an hour to search? Get your chores done first so you can spend a whole day out there and not have to go back.

And you've certainly got this part right: "Forrest is even more clever than we will ever know."
07-25-2013, 07:25 PM,
John Brown,

I don't think Forrest wants or expects to be remembered as a great intellect. He just wants to be remembered. That message is pretty clear in TTOTC.

mdavis19
07-25-2013, 08:38 PM,

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from John Brown on July 25, 2013, 8:04 pm</b>
<div class="bbcode_quote">
<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from tomwhat on July 25, 2013, 11:37 am</b>

"Forrest is even more clever than we will ever know."
</div>

Well as far as that goes, it's probably true for most people. What Forrest won't do is go down in history as a great intellect. A google search a century out will note that he buried a treasure during the biggest recession in 70 years and got a lot of people excited. Will it conclude that he was one of the great intellects of the 20th century? The answer is unambiguously "no". Think about it. This is a guy who made a bunch of money by buying stuff from people at one price and selling to other people at a higher price. Not rocket science and it won't contribute anything to humanity in the long run. That being said, it <i>is</i> keeping me entertained for the time being!</div>
</div>

You haven't even scratched the surface of the poem yet then.

The types of interconnected clues that emerge from that poem is incredible.

I have no doubts the treasure will be retrieved within a year.

What will be truly interesting is if Forrest knew himself the variety of info in his clues.

I'm still uncovering new material.

And I have thought for months I found the correct location.

I believe wholeheartedly in Forrests advice such as the person retrieving the treasure will go straight to it in confidence and it will be there when I get there.Sure I added the I.

I can at this point,point out the additional subtleties he is still doing to give clues.

He is one cool character.

If you did not know the hidden meanings,you would never guess by his actions or reactions.

Most people try and use emotion to figure out or trick any clues from him.

And it does not seem to work.

If it is possible.

He did as he said and put a piece of himself in that treasure chest.

Do you believe in "remote viewing"?

Or how about a "collective conscience" ?

Well as nutty as it seems,I have had intuitions that can only be explained one of two ways.Either I am a brilliant researcher with a brilliant mind or one of those pseudosciences has some validity.

I can tell you Forrest read a book that was published when I was 1 year old.

I know the title and I know he believes that their is a higher intelligence than mankind that guides mankind.That is what he found most fascinating in the Indian Traditions.But it was that book that really sealed the deal for him.

One of my Grandfathers had parents from Blackfeet and Cherokee tribes and some things people just know because they receive those intuitions from the collective conscience.The tribes call it visions.

And No,I do not smoke or ingest anything to get intuitive information/visions.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Stars and birds what do you get out of this. mikemarcum03 3 1,049 04-18-2019, 08:22 AM
Last Post: John Brown
  For what it's worth.... Uncoveredtruth 3 1,536 02-13-2018, 06:23 AM
Last Post: Mindy
  Is there any possible way I can give myself 5 STARS on some of my threads??... Gordon Lightfoot 12 2,969 11-24-2017, 06:00 PM
Last Post: Gordon Lightfoot
  Stars, Asterisks, Symbolism, and ADHD Ramblings Mindy 13 4,658 10-18-2017, 08:21 PM
Last Post: Mindy
  The Search For Wisdom (SOLUTION EXPLAINED WITHIN) Iron Will 2 1,703 12-22-2014, 07:19 AM
Last Post: Iron Will