Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sponsor Me ?
07-22-2013, 02:55 PM,
Sponsor Me ?
Ideas to do what?

You could do everything for $1500 from any location in the lower 48 States. One kid (love to meet him) bought a bike and rode over 28 miles while it was snowing out to check out his location. Wonder if he sold the bike or left it there?

The question to ask yourself is how much confidence (integrity of your hand) do you have with your hand when your all in. Over 30 men said they had found the treasure, Forrest called their bluffs and they got what they deserved. Looking like idiots.

If your one of these idiots, I would have banned you from the game forever. Forrest let you off cheap.

Come up with a plan, stay with it, usually it's slow and boring but one day the day will comeSmile

Rick

07-22-2013, 02:56 PM,
Sponsor Me ?
tomwhat,

You are right that it is pretty cheap as treasure hunts go. I drive out west. All it costs me is gas, no plane tickets. I have a 4X4 truck, so I don't need to rent a jeep or anything to go off-road. I generally either camp or stay in a cheap fleabag motel if I am alone. If the GF is with me we have to stay somewhere nice, but she isn't into treasure hunting. Best of all, I go out west twice a year anyway. So I doesn't really cost me much extra to search for Forrest's gold.

There are a few other lost/hidden treasures I like to hunt for too. Lost treasure tall tales are a dime a dozen in the west, but there are a few that have some actual documentation behind them.

mdavis19
07-22-2013, 03:31 PM,
Sponsor Me ?
This is a very interesting discussion!

We would camp as we go but we love camping!
07-22-2013, 03:46 PM,
Sponsor Me ?
<i> I thought sea treasure investors were able to take tax write-off should the treasure not be found so they never lose. It's always a win-win.</i>

Putting "losing" into your game is a way to get rich? My opinion, don't get into shipwreck investing unless your a sophisticated investor.

This game is the right one for almost everyone.

Rick

07-22-2013, 03:59 PM,
Sponsor Me ?
Rick, sorry I'm not communicating very effectively. I'm not getting into shipwreck investing. The sea treasure investor comment was my afterthought of one of the earlier posts. I think I was actually whining a little bit about investors in shipwreck recovery always winning with tax advantages along with having money, However, I checked the calendar and it's not my day to whine.
07-22-2013, 04:27 PM,
Sponsor Me ?
LoL.......it's okSmile In treasure hunting and in scuba they are the elite. Elite piratesSmile

Both sides of the industry the academic and commercial play their games. One beats them by being informed and educated.

BCO This hunt is going to go on for some time............ Plan on going back out in June of 2014. Until then what do you do?

Prepare.

Going to become the best player this game has ever seenSmile

Best

Rick

07-22-2013, 05:00 PM,
Sponsor Me ?
That's the spirit 8-)

take care
07-22-2013, 09:03 PM,
Sponsor Me ?
Odyssey Marine went public with the stock symbol OMEX. That's the easiest way to play the treasure game. The stock is a wild ride and if they actually find something new and don't get it ripped from their hands, (like the most recent Spanish silver ship) it can be rewarding.

I wouldn't rule out someone sponsoring another person. It would be rare, but not impossible. The path would be to share a piece in the form of a cryptic message that only those who had figured out that piece would understand. Then If you had more solved that matched a backer's solution and the opportunity to travel to the spot, then there are some who might back you. Travel is not always an easy thing if you lack the vacation time or have too much going on to get away. There are all types of people in this chase and some have more money than time.

I'm just throwing out the hypothetical and not seeking a person to search for me. But I do lack the time to travel right now and if anyone ever did align with my spot, then it's a possibility to help pay for the trip. But the word align is always a difficult one to define. It's also hard to give a cryptic clue without it being figured out or giving out enough to convince me you know it without revealing everything.

A word to the wise - any person who is a serious backer wouldn't need your total solution and wouldn't ask for the HOB or Blaze. The HOB would already have to be the same and should be easy to align on based on some common cryptic clue and the blaze is the key thing and your ticket to being backed. So those two items should never be shared or asked for. At least that's the way I would approach it.
07-22-2013, 11:03 PM,
Sponsor Me ?
S_Man thoughtful response. In general, it seems when I have money I don't have time and then when I have time I don't have the money. If time is money then I'm out of alignment from the start. I like your idea of not ruling out

sponsoring someone though.
07-23-2013, 07:00 AM,
Sponsor Me ?
In tnis morning's light, I see the essence of this thread as to remain open-minded. Now seeking the personification of confidence. I am hopeful I will find that in myself and can go.