Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wheres the chest?
07-22-2013, 10:08 PM,
Wheres the chest?
Mr. Fenn said he would not die in a hospital bed and planned to inter himself with the chest, when he felt his time was near. Mr. Fenn, knows his time could come in the winter, it's likely the chest is near a road that has year round access, due to private residences, or a ski resort. Mr. Fenn has encouraged families with small children, to join the chase, (think strollers and toddlers). Mr. Mason says on his blog, that Mr. Fenn sent him an email, saying that a child could walk up to the chest and pick it up, this might suggest a camp ground, picnic area or park. Mr. said that he walked back to his car after hiding the chest, most likely a short easy walk, if the kiddies and strollers, could make it.
07-23-2013, 01:44 PM,
Wheres the chest?
Interesting thought. All my spots would be fully snowed in during winter.
07-23-2013, 04:05 PM,
Wheres the chest?
tomwhat,

Most everything north of Santa Fe and above 5000 feet could potentially be snowed in during winter. So if Forrest planned on the possibility of getting to his hiding spot during winter, it must be near (within 500 feet?) a regularly plowed road. That kind of narrows things down, unles forrest owns a snowmobile. Anybody know?

mdavis19
07-23-2013, 07:37 PM,
Wheres the chest?
Hi Mdavis19 We would be talking about an elderly man at deaths door, that would like to have a reasonably good chance of getting to his hiding place, without dying on the way, or having a minor stroke, that would land him in the dreaded hospital bed. Some how, a snow mobile doesn't sound like it would be in the cards, neither do any long distances.
07-29-2013, 05:11 PM,
Wheres the chest?
Who is Mr. Mason and what is the URL of his blog?
07-29-2013, 06:42 PM,
Wheres the chest?
Forrest didn't say a child could walk right up and get the chest. What he said was how it would be safe if a child was at the spot. I posted the actual quote last week. Forrest didn't even say it would be safe getting there, but that it would be safe if the kid was at the location of the chest. He didn't say a 2 yr old, or a 6 yr old, but a 10 yr old (or maybe 8 yr old, I can't remember). It was an email reply to a person who wondered if the chase was safe for a kid. He never said a child could walk right up after walking 500 ft or some short distance and get the chest. It's just not true and we need to end that as it would be a very important clue if true. But it's not.

He never emailed Mr Mason that quote. That's just him fabricating this story into his own email fantasies to get people to read his blog.
07-29-2013, 06:56 PM,
Wheres the chest?
I couldn't remember the exact quote so I'll post it again. It wasn't 10 or 8, but just just boys. Notice he doesn't mention a stroller or toddlers crawling up to the chest and also says "I suppose they would be safe if they were at the chest". Now I could be wrong and I don't want to discourage anyone taking the newborn, but it might be sort of dangerous getting there. At least in the sense that it's in the forest and not at the Colorado Springs Wal Mart.

I think the lesson is this - if it's not directly from the book or poem, it's worthless info. Forrest keeps repeating - "Only trust the book and poem". I actually think he literally means that and some of the email replies to us or the whole world might be there to fool you or just get a laugh. So even if he had said something about a stroller, which he didn't, I'm only trusting the book and poem. If he had told me in a private email it's above 12K and the book said different, I would believe the book over his own words to me. (I do believe the Today Show clues as being truthful though).

Here is the email from Dal's Blog.

Hi Mr. Fenn,

I wonder if you could tell me if it’s at a place that my boys and I would be able to go to that’s not too risky of a place (ie: the side of a cliff). I haven’t even read your book yet. I’m already planning a trip though to Yellowstone with my family.

Patty, the treasure is where an elderly man put it so I suppose your kids would be in a safe place if they found it. f
07-29-2013, 09:17 PM,
Wheres the chest?
If indeed its where his body would be then by a park would be unlikely as mowing etc goes on. It would have to be a place where his body would lay for years. In a cave....
07-29-2013, 11:13 PM,
Wheres the chest?
Jen - Did we ever definitely establish that the hiding place in 2010 is the same as it would have been when he was ill circa 1988? Dal said that would be a good question to ask FF in one of his question & answer sessions/interviews. I think the current hiding place is different because he no longer plans to die with the treasure. Is that correct?
07-30-2013, 08:46 AM,
Wheres the chest?

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from James Perotti on July 23, 2013, 8:37 pm</b>

Hi Mdavis19 We would be talking about an elderly man at deaths door, that would like to have a reasonably good chance of getting to his hiding place, without dying on the way, or having a minor stroke, that would land him in the dreaded hospital bed. Some how, a snow mobile doesn't sound like it would be in the cards, neither do any long distances.
</div>

James,

I don't think Forrest would let it get to that point, unless illness came on him suddenly. He wrote about how much he respected his father's decision to commit suicide when he knew he was terminal, and go out at a time and place of his choosing. I think Forrest has the same idea. If the cancer came back, or he otherwise knew he didn't have much longer to live, he would make his way to the hiding place while he still had the strength, and end it all there. That's the way I read it. I'm assuming he would do it while he could still drive, otherwise he would need someone to help him, and he says two can't keep a secret.

Snowmobiles are not at all difficult to drive. Modern machines have electric start and steer easily. They can easily be towed by trailer to anywhere a pickup truck or SUV can go, then driven off the trailer and into the un-plowed wilderness by an elderly man. So the question still stands, does anyone here know if Forrest Fenn owns a snowmobile? Does he keep it on a trailer ready to go in a moment's notice during the winter?

mdavis19

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Wheres the chest James Perotti 53 22,844 06-17-2018, 12:05 AM
Last Post: heyoka
  Wheres Milan? romeofoxtrot 1 1,926 07-22-2016, 11:22 PM
Last Post: deb
  wheres that dog gone treasure Chris Yates 5 3,721 06-25-2016, 12:08 PM
Last Post: Woody Bogg
  Wheres samsmith?? Project Why 29 11,577 07-13-2015, 02:19 PM
Last Post: Larsonist
  Wheres the chest? James Perotti 26 11,010 10-05-2014, 05:19 PM