Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Just take the chest and go in peace?
06-05-2015, 04:26 AM,
the Y is on the mountain ...Not on the road!
06-12-2015, 03:09 PM,
Sorry, I guess I should have stated that this pic was just a picture I found in google. I referenced it for the street sign, and maybe that could be what to look for if you are in the correct area.

06-12-2015, 09:38 PM,
Go In Peace = Burial spot (possibly he found old human bones at the spot too)

"Let me tell you something else. I've seen a lot of spinals solves, Dude, and this guy is a fake. A ****ing goldbricker." -Walter Sobchack
06-12-2015, 09:55 PM,

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from endofthechase on June 12, 2015, 3:06 pm</b>

one part of that y is pointing at the mountain. IMO the wise is wise and not an owl or a y's. BTW i am now posting here instead of Dal's site. There were alot of Yellosstone people over there and I am looking for some NM believers.
</div>

Welcome eotc...You should find much to your liking on Chase Chat...Many NM people here, although I am not one of them...Guess that is obvious, what?... Smile
10-12-2015, 02:54 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-12-2015, 02:57 PM by Wonderstrike.)
RE: Just take the chest and go in peace?
y do I need FF to give me title to the gold if I'm already holding it per a chest I just grabbed and ran off in peace? answer: I don't unless...
10-12-2015, 03:01 PM,
Maybe he's going to give the finder the title to a gold car, or a gold mine?
10-12-2015, 10:24 PM,
(10-12-2015, 03:01 PM)Buddy Allen Wrote: Maybe he's going to give the finder the title to a gold car, or a gold mine?

Do you mean title to his gold Jeep?
09-15-2019, 06:23 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-15-2019, 06:34 PM by khan.)
(06-02-2015, 01:08 PM)Larsonist Wrote: Some of the lines mean just what they say, no riddle, no metaphor attached. Spend more time at the beginning and figure out the home of Brown and wwwh. Those are much more important.

that is incorrect

(06-02-2015, 02:13 PM)Chris Yates Wrote: in my opinion, if you figure out the relevance of go in peace, then it is a "piece" of the puzzle

like if you have all you knifes and forks and spoons organized and in the right holder

the information it gives you is repeated in other places of the poem. i had figured out what the hidden meaning of it was for a long time without understanding the relevant info it was giving you. that revelation came recently

that is corect

(06-03-2015, 12:49 AM)Hammertime Wrote: You will have used that entire stanza at least 1 time to complete the whole poem. So after "title to the gold" you start over at "if you've been wise..". That is my take. Its a funnel if you know what I mean..

you were already back then, you should find it. What about whalt? A little bit of something is better than nothing.

(06-12-2015, 09:38 PM)HarryFool Wrote: Go In Peace = Burial spot (possibly he found old human bones at the spot too)

thats true dude, you pay respects and go.
09-16-2019, 06:13 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-16-2019, 06:15 PM by Chris Yates.)
(09-16-2019, 03:14 PM)Andrew Jef Wrote: The phrase "in peace" may serve as a subtle (not critically important) hint about the search vicinity.
GE can be helpful.

especially if viewed in light of it saying something akin to

how you got here is how you're leaving

but if you don't know how this is true, then I don't know how else to explain it
09-17-2019, 12:32 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-17-2019, 01:12 AM by Andrew Jef.)
(06-02-2015, 04:23 PM)Mack Wrote: Thanks folks for the informative answers. In re-reading my post, I'm afraid I was unclear. I said

<i>

"On the face of it, this would seem to mean the <b>rest</b> of the lines in the poem are at most “helpers” in locating the chest, but possibly not necessary. "</i>

I meant to say the remaining lines of the poem, that is the ones after "Just take the chest and go in peace", would seem to just be helpers as the search finished at "Just take the chest and go in piece".

Since this is one line of the poem that we are pretty sure was revised, it does really seem that is should be read literally.

So the conundrum is that it seems that finding the chest is complete at this line, but for some reason Mr. Fenn wrote two more stanzas after that. Why?...especially since the compactness and density of the poem prior to the final two stanzas is remarkable.

I'm noodling on this as my solution to the poem ends sensibly at "but tarry scant with marvel gaze". Unfortunately after two visits to the spot...no treasure. Just hoping I can tease out some more meaning from the remaining lines to locate the chest once one is at the specific spot.

Obviously, my solution is probably plain wrong as Mr. Fenn has implied that the successful searcher is unlikely to miss it if she has the solution, but hope springs eternal!

Maybe the entire poem is needed for the solution to work well (but the
very first stanza only provides a little bit of help, in my opinion).

(06-02-2015, 05:01 PM)Iron Will Wrote: <div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from James Perotti on June 2, 2015, 3:33 pm</b>

Hi Mack, Welcome to the chase. The line, "just take the chest and go in peace" most likely has no other meaning, because Mr. Fenn said that in the first draft of the poem that line read, "just take the chest, and leave my bones"
</div>

he actually said, "<i><b>just take the chest, but leave my bones, and go in peace, or something like that</b></i>"

What you have to look at is the whole stanza.

<b><i>"your quest to cease"

"go in peace"</i></b>

ONE of these is important and the other is just rhythmic "filler".

I don't think that "your quest to cease" is very important regarding
guiding a searcher to the hidey space.

(06-02-2015, 04:23 PM)Mack Wrote: Thanks folks for the informative answers. In re-reading my post, I'm afraid I was unclear. I said

<i>

"On the face of it, this would seem to mean the <b>rest</b> of the lines in the poem are at most “helpers” in locating the chest, but possibly not necessary. "</i>

I meant to say the remaining lines of the poem, that is the ones after "Just take the chest and go in peace", would seem to just be helpers as the search finished at "Just take the chest and go in piece".

Since this is one line of the poem that we are pretty sure was revised, it does really seem that is should be read literally.

So the conundrum is that it seems that finding the chest is complete at this line, but for some reason Mr. Fenn wrote two more stanzas after that. Why?...especially since the compactness and density of the poem prior to the final two stanzas is remarkable.

I'm noodling on this as my solution to the poem ends sensibly at "but tarry scant with marvel gaze". Unfortunately after two visits to the spot...no treasure. Just hoping I can tease out some more meaning from the remaining lines to locate the chest once one is at the specific spot.

Obviously, my solution is probably plain wrong as Mr. Fenn has implied that the successful searcher is unlikely to miss it if she has the solution, but hope springs eternal!

Good one: "hope springs eternal".

(06-02-2015, 05:33 PM)3paulb Wrote: Welcome Mack

Why would your solution sensibly end at "but tarry scant with marvel gaze". You have long way to go if your still standing in that spring.

I'm not convinced that a clever searcher would be standing in some
spring. Please try to convince us of this. Thanks in advance.

(06-12-2015, 09:38 PM)HarryFool Wrote: Go In Peace = Burial spot (possibly he found old human bones at the spot too)

I have seen various bones on every one of my search hikes (near the
same creek, more than 5 times). But I can hardly tell whether a bone
-- other than an antler -- is from a human, deer, coyote, or sesquipedalian.

(10-12-2015, 02:54 PM)Wonderstrike Wrote: y do I need FF to give me title to the gold if I'm already holding it per a chest I just grabbed and ran off in peace? answer: I don't unless...

I say "finders keepers". Physical possession is the important thing. Shh.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Go in Peace - Hardest line Riddlemethat 8 1,146 09-15-2019, 06:56 PM
Last Post: mrknow
  The Place of Peace Mongo 1 420 12-27-2018, 12:12 PM
Last Post: jurassic
  On a other side speaking of peace btw 5GIRLS 7 2,676 11-07-2018, 05:43 PM
Last Post: John Brown
  Peace will197532 5 2,170 04-28-2018, 03:08 PM
Last Post: admin
  Going in peace. Itchy Ideas 4 2,320 09-25-2017, 09:11 AM
Last Post: old drum