Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A Modest Proposal
07-23-2013, 04:01 PM,
A Modest Proposal
My family and I leave to search my top three spots in one month from today. I can hardly wait! My wife and three kids (15, 8, 1) are coming along, so I'm not looking forward to the drive as much as being there. We've had the trip planned since April and I'm just about bursting!

<b>The Proposal:</b>

I will search your location for you, on my dime.

If I do not find it at your location, I will send you pictures and a write-up of the search area. I won't share your exact spot with anyone else aside from my family.

If I do find the treasure at the spot you picked then I will send you the single heaviest item in the chest, excluding the chest itself, Forrest's bracelet, or the autobiography in the olive jar. We are told there are gold nuggets from the Yukon in there weighing a troy pound. I keep the rest. I will not play any trickery like saying haha there was this big heavy worthless rock in the chest, here ya go sucker. I play fair.

I won't sign any contract other than to give my word as a gentleman. If you will never go anyways, give it some thought. It's a reasonably small enough piece of the cheese that you can expect me to keep my word. But still, you will have to trust an internet stranger.

I will be searching Yellowstone, I believe the chest to be in or near the Park, so this isn't a wide open invitation for anywhere. It has to be in park or nearby outside. I will only have time for one maybe two day trips, and that's if everything goes to plan.

Contact me by email: fennerista at gmail.com

This email is just for this hair brained scheme so I won't check it constantly. Give me a nudge here if it's urgent.

Maybe there will be a hundred takers, maybe not one. I have no idea how this will work out, but we've got a month to get the wrinkles hammered flat. I already have three hot search spots picked out so I will be busy regardless. Maybe I will need some convincing, maybe I'll just go check out your spot.

Anyone?
07-23-2013, 04:21 PM,
A Modest Proposal
Done being here.
07-23-2013, 05:32 PM,
A Modest Proposal
Tom, you always seemed like a normal chap. Are you kidding now?

I think with such a one-sided deal you'll attract those who send you on a merry chase into the woods and waste your time. I know I have many YNP solutions that will lead you to nothing but a long hike and a happy ending in a grizzly cave. (with a very nice Grizzly waiting inside who likes tea, oreos and hikers for lunch.)

There are many who will search for far less. I would only take 10%+ expenses if I knew it was the real spot. Just opening that chest would be worth the price of admission and one of the highlights of my life. Experiences are the currency of life and for me it's all about the thrill of finding and opening the chest that counts. The money would only let my idle fingers wander into bad things.

I don't think anyone who seeks the money will find it. It will be someone worthy of the chest who finally holds it in his arms.
07-23-2013, 09:07 PM,
A Modest Proposal
Wow. Maybe we should think think think before doing that. Boo

07-24-2013, 04:10 AM,
A Modest Proposal
tomwhat,

I always suspected Stephanie started Chasechat in order get new ideas about where to search from the users. You are taking this get new ideas thing to a whole new level with this offer. So for a finder's fee of about 95% (not saying that's excessive) you are actually willing to search other people's sites for them? You sir are a brave man. You are opening yourself up to being inundated with really crazy ideas about where to look. Good luck sorting out the stuff that actually makes some kind of sense from the total BS you will get from people dowsing over maps and using ouija boards and having seances with long-dead great grandma. You are going to need to implement some sort of strong Bozo filter, otherwise you are just going to be wasting your time.

mdavis19
07-24-2013, 06:37 AM,
A Modest Proposal
Stephanie,

You've been quiet lately. I figured you must have been out on a chase.

I wasn't criticizing you. I think Chasechat is brilliant. I wish I had thought of it. I get lots of great ideas from seeing how other people look at solving the clues. I have to muzzle myself to keep from giving away too much of my own insights in these discussions. Several times I have dumped posts after writing them because I thought it might not be such a good idea to tell everyone something until I have had a chance to check it out myself, or at least mull it over for a while longer. Some people don't have such strong filtering instincts. I am happy to hoover up their ideas when they make sense.

There is nothing wrong with what Tom is doing. I am just saying that he is going to have to filter the wheat from the chaff so to speak. There are a lot of people with frankly crazy ideas about how to find the treasure. I am (usually) too polite to tell them they are crazy, and just ignore them. He's going to not only need to get people to give up where their spot is, but also explain the process by how they came to believe it is THE spot. Otherwise he is opening himself up to being sent on a lot of wild goose chases.

mdavis19
07-24-2013, 07:48 AM,
A Modest Proposal
Eh, its a bit unreasonable to take 95% just for looking in an area you are close to, but on the other hand its nice that Tom is willing to do that on his dime. That means someone that can't go out can have their spot searched for free even if its not found......

I have to muzzle myself too...... I get all excited about an idea and want to spill....
07-24-2013, 08:35 AM,
A Modest Proposal
Anyone who solves this will have put in serious research and there's zero chance they go for a 2% stake. They will have confidence in their solution and know it's worth a million and not 20K. I would rather never find it than accept 20K for my solution and then hate myself every morning for not getting it myself or at least having a legit partner get it who gives me a fair percentage.

So I'll offer something more realistic. Anyone who can't go on their own (disability, physically unable, etc...) and sends me a legitimate solution will get 50% of the chest. There is only one criteria - a serious solution. I only want the wwwh in the first email and then I will reply that I agree and you can send more. I'm 100% confident with my wwwh, the canyon and the HOB and so I know a legitimate solution when I see it. I have other issues with my solution and need help later in the poem.

I'm going public with the chest and so we'll all know I found it. I might have to change the location of the find for reasons like it's in a national park or national forest, etc... and we would lose it there, but anyone who has solved some of the poem knows what I know - there is only one solution and you will have extreme confidence in yours being right and so would I once I saw it.

This is not a google map exercise and guessing will not play a role in the solution and we both know it.

I'm sure there are others who have some of the poem solved and know exactly what I'm talking about and this offer is for them. It's not that I'm looking for a partner, but I recognize the physical aspects of this quest might be too arduous for some and yet if they did the research and have the right place, then they deserve a share for their hard work.

I think 50/50 is fair since I have 1/2 the poem solved and will only accept a wwwh that fits my solution. That's the best way to do this and that way I don't waste each others time. If I'm wrong on my wwwh, then I get nothing and don't deserve 50% anyway. So If you have the same wwwh and I accept the rest of the solution, then you get 1/2 the chest and that's pretty cool indeed and far better than 2%.

I'm not trolling for wwwh because if you understand the solution you know you can't accept guesses and go anywhere with them. You must have solved it, not guessed it or you will pass right on by the HOB and miss clues 3-9. That's why the groups who sent Forrest the right wwwh and canyon missed the HOB. They guessed and didn't actually solve it. There can be only one solution and it won't be guessed.

My email. S.IronMeteor@gmail.com

I understand that most of us can go get it ourselves and that's fine with me. But if you find yourself in a situation where you have it solved and absolutely can't go for whatever reason, then maybe this offer is for you and you should consider it. But please don't send anything other than a wwwh and you can even be cryptic about it and we both know I will understand. (don't be too cryptic, lol). If you send more than wwwh I will delete it as I don't want anyone accusing me of stealing a piece of their solution because they had a word or place right. If you have it solved, then you know wwwh is enough for me to decide that you are wise and worthy of the chest. And whatever you do, no clue solutions or reasons should be in the email. I know why I think my wwwh is correct and don't need anything to justify it. If you are sending reasons why your wwwh is right then we probably aren't in agreement on it and it's better to not proceed.

This probably sounds arrogant, but I wanted to put a serious offer out there that would help both of us and not insult someone. It's hard to sound legit and be taken seriously if you don't write with some confidence. So sorry in advance if the tone is a little too confident for many of you. But if I sounded weak and unsure, I would sound like a clue troll and that's not what I'm about. I want no clues or solutions from anyone and only want a wwwh or some cryptic form of wwwh to know we're on the same page and then we can decide if we want to proceed to the next line of the poem.
07-24-2013, 10:53 AM,
A Modest Proposal
And now we have a marketplace. Smile Other Chasers-for-hire are welcome to post their offers, as are anyone with a solution looking for a mercenary on the ground.
07-24-2013, 11:24 AM,
A Modest Proposal
It's starting to look like an auction. Tomwhat opened with a bid of 95% finder's fee and S_man counters with 50%. This could get interesting. I'm waiting until the finder's fee gets down below 10%, then I might be interested.

mdavis19

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Proposal To Mr. Fenn Thoughts... minotaur_moreno 5 1,167 09-17-2018, 06:36 PM
Last Post: TheLastCrusade