Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Flying out to search?
07-24-2013, 12:34 PM,
Flying out to search?
I wonder how many people flying out to search, have given any thought, as to what they would do with the chest if they found it? I doubt it could get past airport security, or the gauntlet of sticky fingers. Perhaps take it to an auction house? If advertized, the Feds. would probably seize it, claiming it was found on public land. You say No it was private property, now you face arrest for grand theft, and trespassing. What to do?
07-24-2013, 12:51 PM,
Flying out to search?
New to this treasure hunting stuff,Eh ?

I think Forrest gave some advice in his poem to help you.
07-24-2013, 01:18 PM,
Flying out to search?
James,

I drive out west. But I have given some thought to what I would do if I had a sudden revelation and was certain enough about it to fly out on a moment's notice and get the treasure. What I would do if I found it would depend on the land status of where the treasure was hidden and if I thought I'd get in trouble with the FEDs. If it looked like I was in the clear I'd probably alert the media and become an instant hero. If it looked like the feds would come down hard on me then I would probably head for the nearest UPS or FedEx store, get some boxes and packing material, divide up the treasure into several small bundles (not all my eggs in one basket) and overnight them to myself as I flew back home. I'd leave the chest where I found it with one Double Eagle in it and a note congratulating the next finder for being the SECOND person to get it right.

mdavis19
07-24-2013, 03:25 PM,
Flying out to search?
I would suggest first taking the chest back to forrest if possible and he should be able to help solve all your problems that he got you into I would imagine.

If that is not possible I would rent a car and drive it back and I would suggest to let Nobody know

that you found it. I will help you drive back and will polish the gold for you for free.

Take it to Sotherbys auction house and tell them to sell it anonymously as a whole or in pieces and let them help in getting your cash. They will handle all the details and should know how to maximize your take on it. After that take Nobody on a vacation with you to the Bahamas. Thanks
07-24-2013, 03:28 PM,
Flying out to search?

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from admin on July 24, 2013, 4:08 pm</b>

I'd drive back or hire a private plane to take me back if they don't make you tell them what your carrying.

I don't believe you'd want any media attention that would say who you are....because where ever it is...it's probably not on land owned by Forrest or someone willing to not fight for it.
</div>

Them shootouts with the revenuers can be dangerous.

Why does everyone think it is illegal to retrieve personal property from public property ?

There is documented proof of the property owner along with title granted to the person who retrieves it.

Look at it this way,if a Federal Employee finds the treasure on Federal Land the Federal Government is obligated to return it to Forrest

07-24-2013, 03:34 PM,
Flying out to search?

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from Tim Nobody on July 24, 2013, 4:25 pm</b>

I would suggest first taking the chest back to forrest if possible and he should be able to help solve all your problems that he got you into I would imagine.

If that is not possible I would rent a car and drive it back and I would suggest to let Nobody know

that you found it. I will help you drive back and will polish the gold for you for free.

Take it to Sotherbys auction house and tell them to sell it anonymously as a whole or in pieces and let them help in getting your cash. They will handle all the details and should know how to maximize your take on it. After that take Nobody on a vacation with you to the Bahamas. Thanks
</div>

Are you saying it is not smart to put the bracelet on your wrist,necklace on your neck,ring on your finger,jade mask on your hat and the chest as a carry one.

Tipping stewardesses in 1833 gold pieces.

Man,I was gonna have some fun.

07-24-2013, 03:41 PM,
Flying out to search?
You could easily afford to hire a limo to drive you home with no questions asked for a gold piece or two.
07-24-2013, 04:18 PM,
Flying out to search?
If it's in New Mexico, contact me and I'll drive you home. You would be expected to pay for gas, food, and lodging, and a few (many) rounds of drinks when we get to your hometown. A little something something back to me would be appreciated, as my children all need shoes and food and medical operations. And if there's a good looking single sister in the family, we could be introduced, but you would be expected to back up the lies I tell about myself. Dr. Boo, it could work.

Seriously, contact me and I'll get you home for a song and dance. Boo
07-30-2013, 07:19 PM,
Flying out to search?
You might want to rent a car if you are flying in. Unless of course you have a private plane to fly back out with. If found by me, I'd drive for about an hour or so before even stopping to take a second look. Find a nice, quiet peaceful place without too many people around before I thought about taking a second look.
07-30-2013, 07:48 PM,
Flying out to search?
On the Blog a while back Mr. Wolf (I believe) gave several professional pages of what to do if one finds the treasure. Check with Dal for a reference. I copied the advice from Wolf and have it packed in my suitcase just in case. Remember the bracelet goes to Forrest no matter what. Plus, Dal, Stephanie, Jen, John Paul have been good to me in getting me started on the blog, so they would get part of the treasure, and I mean this. Just think wisely before doing anything if you find the treasure.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Flying so fast no 1 5GIRLS 4 893 06-22-2019, 11:08 AM
Last Post: John Brown
  Mindy. How important was flying to Fenn. ChasingScant 3 1,201 06-13-2019, 04:42 AM
Last Post: Mindy
  Halt and Flying Ripsaw 13 5,150 03-05-2014, 07:57 AM
Last Post: Circus_Maximus