Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No July clue?
07-27-2013, 04:25 PM,
No July clue?
On the 27th of July Forrest told me that he has not heard from NBC about a date for the next clue. But, as you know, NBC never schedules with any certainty until a few days before. They love to torture us. National PROCRASTINATION Company.
07-27-2013, 04:34 PM,
No July clue?
I think the clues are very helpful. Ruling out Idaho ruled out the possibility of several areas I had considered there...For instance in Warm River country around Bear Gulch and Mesa Falls. I know others considered that area as well. So not in Idaho and Utah was certainly a useful clue for some of us.
07-27-2013, 04:41 PM,
No July clue?

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from heebeejeebez on July 27, 2013, 5:10 pm</b>

Where did you get only 8 clues? The last I read was he has a contract to give them a clue each month and doesn't know when that will end. I'll find that reference and post it... But if you wouldn't mind posting the 8 clue reference, that would be greatly appreciated also.

And I agree to an extent. The clues have value in that they are helping people NOT find it. As he has said, they are non-clues. Nothing will ever add to what he has given us, it will only take away. We will never see a clue that says, "it is under a bush"... The only clue we would get is "it is NOT under a bush"... If that makes sense? So, I agree that they aren't clues exactly, but they are still helpful if you are on the wrong track.
</div>

Hi heebeejeebez,

Below is a link to an interview given by Forrest to Holly at "Club Thrifty" where he says he doesn't know when the TS clues will end. Excerpt below:

Holly: You’ve been releasing clues. Do you plan on releasing any more in the coming months?

Forrest: The Today show wants me to give another clue each month for a few more. I don’t know when that will end.

Link: http://clubthrifty.com/forrest-fenn-an-interview/

I seem to remember when the Today Show clues first started that he said he agreed to give one clue per month for 6 months. As far as I know, there was never any formal contract of any kind. If there was, I don't recall ever seeing it mentioned by him anywhere.

Peacemaker
07-27-2013, 05:36 PM,
No July clue?

<b>Quote from heebeejeebez on July 27, 2013, 5:10 pm</b>

Where did you get only 8 clues? The last I read was he has a contract to give them a clue each month and doesn't know when that will end. I'll find that reference and post it... But if you wouldn't mind posting the 8 clue reference, that would be greatly appreciated also.

And I agree to an extent. The clues have value in that they are helping people NOT find it. As he has said, they are non-clues. Nothing will ever add to what he has given us, it will only take away. We will never see a clue that says, "it is under a bush"... The only clue we would get is "it is NOT under a bush"... If that makes sense? So, I agree that they aren't clues exactly, but they are still helpful if you are on the wrong track.
</div>
I think it was this interview.I will listen again to verify.If you have not listened to this,you may want to.

http://www.lummifilm.com/cwb/cwb20130417.mp3

Listen @ 11:40-12:30

He said he was not gonna give a clue that would help anybody find anything.

So my no real clue was a paraphrase.

I did not mean to mislead anybody.

My apologies if I did.
07-27-2013, 06:25 PM,
No July clue?
Thank you for both of those links! Though, you could also interpret what he says as 11 clues. He says "I've been on the Today show 3 times, and they want me to give a clue for the next 8 months." So that would be 8+ the 3. He didn't say a total of 8 months. And again taking his interview with Club Thrifty. Doesn't mention 8 clues at all.

So, my interpretation is there are no set amount of clues. The Today show has asked for clues, and Forrest will give them until he deems it time to stop.

And I apologize for the word "contract" - I have never seen nor heard that... I meant it more as a verbal agreement. Smile
07-27-2013, 06:37 PM,
No July clue?

<b>Quote from heebeejeebez on July 27, 2013, 7:25 pm</b>

Thank you for both of those links! Though, you could also interpret what he says as 11 clues. He says "I've been on the Today show 3 times, and they want me to give a clue for the next 8 months." So that would be 8+ the 3. He didn't say a total of 8 months. And again taking his interview with Club Thrifty. Doesn't mention 8 clues at all.

So, my interpretation is there are no set amount of clues. The Today show has asked for clues, and Forrest will give them until he deems it time to stop.

And I apologize for the word "contract" - I have never seen nor heard that... I meant it more as a verbal agreement. Smile
</div>
You are correct he did say "next" 8 months.
07-30-2013, 11:10 AM,
No July clue?

<b>Quote from tomwhat on July 26, 2013, 4:29 pm</b>

Like heck they don't have value! Not in Idaho or Utah? That's 168,000 square miles that we don't have to worry about anymore.
</div>

Hints and clues are suppose to aid EVERYONE!!!!! Eliminating areas that were never a serious consideration only aids those who have NO CLUE as to how to solve Forrest's poem. Forrest stated in his published book that a person has a "reasonable chance" to find the chest. That is a FALSE statement open to legal liability. A person may have a chance -- a slim or slight chance at best -- to find the chest much like a person has a chance to win the lottery just by purchasing a ticket. But a "reasonable chance?" NO!

Anyone interested in joining the search in an area that seems to be a good match to the clues? The area is too big for one person to search and the identity of the "blaze" does not appear to be possible. No hints or clues as to what the blaze could be, except a mark on a tree, which is an unreasonable assumption based on the fact that trees fall down, they get chopped down and they burn down. Forrest expects someone to be able to find the chest (and, as a matter of circumstance, the blaze) thousands of years from now, so logically he must expect the blaze to last that long. Nothing in the poem or book that hints at what the blaze might be or where it might be found once a person has solved all the previous clues. It becomes a guessing game from there, apparently.
07-30-2013, 11:41 AM,
No July clue?

<b>Quote from knowitall on July 27, 2013, 10:09 am</b>
<div class="bbcode_quote">
<b>Quote from tomwhat on July 26, 2013, 4:29 pm</b>

Like heck they don't have value! Not in Idaho or Utah? That's 168,000 square miles that we don't have to worry about anymore.
</div>

The no value notion came from Forrest himself.

He was basically saying that when the Today Show pressured him to give clues he decided to give clues of no real value.

Then he mentioned the 300 miles west of Toledo Clue.

Forrest only agreed to giving 8 clues to Today Show viewers.

So they will all be Infinite Loop clues and have not real value.

"An infinite loop (also known as an endless loop or unproductive loop) is a sequence of instructions in a computer program which loops endlessly, either due to the loop having no terminating condition, having one that can never be met, or one that causes the loop to start over. "

Maybe you would understand better using the name "unproductive loop" ?

Anyone wanna take a crack at what the next "unproductive" clue will be ?

</div>
</div>

How interested are you (or anyone else) in finding the right area to search? Consider:

"Begin it (your search) where warm waters halt"

The "warm waters" must be referring to waters warmed by geothermal activity, at least this is what Forrest would have had to assume people would conclude and if he isn't trying to deceive us. The "warm waters" most significant to Forrest must be the waters of the Firehole River, which "halts" (ends) when it merges with the Gibbon River at Madison Junction in Yellowstone.

"Take it to the canyon down...not far but too far to walk"

Since "too far to walk" is arbitrary and subjective, it MUST simply be a clue to which canyon to take "it" (the search) to. Firehole Canyon is the most logical choice, since one does not have to walk to get there. There is a road that runs along side the Firehole River called Firehole Canyon Drive.

"(A canyon that is) Put in below the home of Brown"

It's the canyon, not the chest, that is "put in" below the home of Brown. Upstream from ("above") Firehole Canyon is a BEAR MANAGEMENT AREA, "home" to many Grizzley (i.e., North American BROWN) bears.

"No need to dig up the old outhouses..."

Near the end of Firehole Canyon Drive (across from the stairs that lead to the Firehole swimming area) are two old (and celebrated) outhouses. Forrest would have to be quite familiar with these long-standing structures.

"From there it's no place for the meek..."

This is where many people assume they must remain in the canyon. Actually, if one continues out of Firehole Canyon and south on Grand Loop Rd. one finds him- or herself in the area that is "no place for the meek." It has to do with HONOR, not FEAR. Once one discovers this area one finds the answers to "The end is drawing ever nigh," "No paddle...," "heavy loads," and "water high."

Later this week I plan to re-search this area with a few new ideas on how to find the blaze. Afterwards, I plan to reveal fully the remainder of my analysis and invite others to this area to search. With enough people, someone is bound to either discover the chest, the blaze, or both.

07-30-2013, 11:46 AM,
No July clue?

<b>Quote from collaboration DNA on July 27, 2013, 11:48 am</b>

The clues certainly do have real value. If I was searching in Idaho or Utah my loop would not start over. While I agree that some of these clues are useless in nature, many of these clues have helped a lot of people. I believe FF stated many of these clues so that people who have a tendency to do ridiculous things do not get in trouble. TTOTC was designed to be fun and enjoyable. I also believe, while he said he is ambivalent whether or not this treasure is found, that he wants it to be found. The reason being is that the clues appear to be getting stronger, they are not as abstract.
</div>

Anyone who thought the chest could have been in ID or UT has no real ability to solve the clues. Not being mean, just truthful. "The chest is not on the moon." This clue is not abstract or arbitrary but it is useless. Fenn offering useless clues gets no one closer to finding the cheat. Also, Fenn purposely failed to give ANY hints or clues as to the ID of the blaze, turing this into a guessing game should someone be skilled enough to find the right area (that place that is NO PLACE FOR THE MEEK).
07-30-2013, 11:47 AM,
No July clue?

<b>Quote from robert12762 on July 30, 2013, 12:10 pm

Forrest expects someone to be able to find the chest (and, as a matter of circumstance, the blaze) thousands of years from now, so logically he must expect the blaze to last that long. Nothing in the poem or book that hints at what the blaze might be or where it might be found once a person has solved all the previous clues. It becomes a guessing game from there, apparently.</b>
</div>

There a many assumptions that people are making about this "1000 year" quote. Forrest, to my knowledge, has never said that he "expects" it to be found 1000 years from now.

This quote originated during an interview when Forrest was asked if he hoped the chest would be found soon. His response (I'm paraphrasing here) was "I'm ambivalent about that. It doesn't matter to me if it's found tomorrow or in a thousand years" (or words to that effect).

Assumptions being made about this quote that he has never stated:

The poem will be viable for a thousand years

The clues in the poem will survive for a thousand years

The blaze will survive for a thousand years.

etc.

The only reasonable assumption that should be drawn from this statement (IMHO) is that THE CHEST will survive for a thousand years, which is of course nearly certain given its composition (bronze) and that of its contents.

Artifacts are found all the time WITHOUT poems or road maps that tell the finder where to look. Historical documents and maps are certainly useful to archaeologists and in 1000 years, this poem and current maps of the Rockies would become historical documents of sorts.

A prime example was the recent discovery of King Richard III's skeleton in England. The construction workers who found it weren't looking for it, but once it was found, there were enough historical documents of that area and about him that were able to determine who the skeleton had belonged to.

Another example of this thinking are the bells that he's burying. He's not giving ANY clues as to their whereabouts, but he certainly expects them to be found sometime in the distant future or why would he bother putting his biography in them?

This "1000 year" thing has caused about as much confusion to some as the "searchers within 500 feet" has caused, such as some people asking why he used such an "exact distance". To me an exact distance would be 475.5 feet, etc. 500 feet (to me at least) seems like an approximation and a general, round number. It's no more "exact" than the clue of "more than 5000' in elevation". And even THAT has had people asking "Why did he say 5000' and not 9000'?" This may be what Forrest referred to as "over thinking it". Just my 2 cents.

Peacemaker

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  f, #10 Chernoble in July? 5GIRLS 0 403 01-19-2019, 09:33 PM
Last Post: 5GIRLS
  The last FF coin drawing July 28 mdc777 2 1,167 07-25-2018, 11:38 AM
Last Post: mdc777
  New Featured Question MW July 27 Daniel A 15 6,886 07-28-2017, 06:14 PM
Last Post: Chris Yates
  Happy 4th of July! Donkey Smoocher 6 2,774 07-05-2017, 07:38 PM
Last Post: Mindy
  Weekly Words - New Question July 22 Beavertooth 4 3,393 09-15-2016, 06:19 PM