Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Romantic West
07-30-2013, 09:15 AM,
The Romantic West
Always felt that this treasure hunt and the poem is Forrest's Magnum Opus, which caused me to spend 2 years drawing a conclusion to where the treasure was hidden. Since it took him 12 years to create, are we looking at 12 years to solve it?

Over the years lost and won many treasures hunts, from meteorites lost art caches even finding a rock carved by Frank and Jesse James. To many stories and not enough time to share, maybe one day in a book.

Now it was time to act (after hours of research and thinking things out) There where times when I didn't know where Forrest ended and where I began. Funny how others come through us, like to think their best partsSmile

Have been to 42 States and many places, never near Wyoming. The trip to Yellowstone was the most amazing, like being in Wonderland. Funny finding out that Yellowstone's nick name is Wonderland.

Left Ohio nothing eventful until Chicago. Here at 1 in the morning on a Friday night the traffic is like rush hour. The most annoying thing is going through 7 toll booths and paying a $1.25 at a time. Since it's all about the money how about 1 toll both and $15.00 dollars in 1 payment? Guess no one would put up with it then.

[Image: 295e6pw.jpg]

Made it to the Illinois Wisconsin state line. Woke up the next day at 7 and was driving through Wisconsin. By 11 crossed the Minnesota state line. Here it's wind turbine country

[Image: 332tlhk.jpg]

By 3 it's South Dakota country. Here the anxiety level goes up. South Dakota is very remote and never seen any State Troopers here he he he. If your car breaks down the tow bill alone has to be $300 and I'm sure the garage your car is towed to is going to rake you on any fixes you need.

Have been in Oklahoma and even in it's Panhandle (thought to be one of the most remote parts of the country) and felt one could get help, not in South Dakota. You might be lucky and someone stops and gives you a ride, but should never count on that. Here in South Dakota due to the high anxiety gave my myself a "disconnection disorder" More about that later. The typical rest stop in South Dakota.

[Image: 2q8zntk.jpg]

TBC

07-30-2013, 09:22 AM,
The Romantic West
Looking forward to the rest!
07-30-2013, 10:01 AM,
The Romantic West
It's late 2 am in the morning and still a 100 miles from Rapid City SD. To much, just crash and will head to the shower in the morning. Up at 8 and head into Rapid City, stop at the Flying J. Why a "Flying J?" Maybe after hours of driving people see flying objects? I thought I did.

Meant and talked to some real Cowboys and learn about the geography of the land. This is important, know the geography it can mean life or death. Paid off before in Oklahoma.

Cross into Wyoming and see the best sign for any state I have ever seen.

[Image: 1zb6gkz.jpg]

Note to self, make T-Shirts using this image. Best T Shirt imagine I have ever seen for Wyoming, after visiting tons of stores and shopping online on EBay. Something keeps me thinking, this is what made Forrest so wealthy, to see, what others see but don't see?

It's about 12 outside of Gillette Wyoming, see a gulch and thought how Forrest said we need to be more curious, turn over more logs. Where's the rush I thought? Slow down and check out stuff.

[Image: 2uqkbk5.jpg]

What is found down in the gulch, will cause a lot of controversy back home and among collectors.

TBC

07-30-2013, 10:33 AM,
The Romantic West

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from Rick Nowak on July 30, 2013, 11:01 am</b>

It's late 2 am in the morning and still a 100 miles from Rapid City SD. To much, just crash and will head to the shower in the morning. Up at 8 and head into Rapid City, stop at the Flying J. Why a "Flying J?" Maybe after hours of driving people see flying objects? I thought I did.

Get to talk to some real Cowboys and learn about the geography of the land. This is important, know the geography it can mean life or death. Paid off before in Oklahoma.

It's about 12 outside of Gillette Wyoming, see a gulch and thought how Forrest said we need to be more curious, turn over more logs. Where's the rush I thought? Slow down and check out stuff.

[Image: 2uqkbk5.jpg]

What is found down in the gulch, will cause a lot of controversy back home and among collectors.

TBC
</div>
I'll bite.

What is in the gulch ?
07-30-2013, 10:55 AM,
The Romantic West
Do you mean "detachment" ?

07-30-2013, 11:01 AM,
The Romantic West
Know it all? Seems like a oxymoron. Anyways, when you have anything that cuts into the ground your going to be able to go back into time, eons. Unlike a flat plain area where mostly modern day finds are made.

It weighs 1.4 pounds. Some people think it's "Dino Xhit" to me it looks like a slug or snail.

[Image: 2nbumf9.jpg]

It gets better, many of these little stops lead to nothing, but others lead to more, the most exciting finding gold. Getting to thatSmile
07-30-2013, 11:48 AM,
The Romantic West

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from Rick Nowak on July 30, 2013, 12:01 pm</b>

Know it all? Seems like a oxymoron. Anyways, when you have anything that cuts into the ground your going to be able to go back into time, eons. Unlike a flat plain area where mostly modern day finds are made.

It weighs 1.4 pounds. Some people think it's "Dino Xhit" to me it looks like a slug or snail.

[Image: 2nbumf9.jpg]

It gets better, many of these little stops lead to nothing, but others lead to more, the most exciting finding gold. Getting to thatSmile
</div>
In does have a shell look to it.And sure does have a slug/snail look about it.

I also have a find that is either considered controversial or outright ignored.

It is funny to watch people examine it and see their religious or institutional beliefs cloud the reality of the details.A person can see they are looking inside themselves instead of truly examining article.

I have an iron nodule.

It seems to be Hematite because visually and density combined with nonmagnet ferro material formation.

It is clearly a head shape complete with soft tissue area for eyes and nose.

Has a jaw and skull matrix with what could also be hair.

Could be fish,primate or man.

It should clearly be viewed as an iron nodule formed thru diagenesis.

I have taken it to a science museum and they just shrug their shoulders and claim or insinuate it was manmade.

The really hard part to get is that I was driving home from working out of town and got the idea to go rock hounding as soon as I arrived home and within a very short time had the rock on my possession.

[Image: 6x94s-Head.jpg]
07-30-2013, 11:52 AM,
The Romantic West
Sheridan Wyoming, the cutoff for taking 90 into Yellowstone and coming through the North Gate into the park. The more scenic route but higher grade is taking 14/16. You won't see any trucks on 14/16 and you will come into the park through Cody.

Took 14/16 and decided to take 90 into Montana on the way home.

About to enter the "Bighorn National Forest" here the roads often become red.

[Image: nmc4ly.jpg]

07-30-2013, 11:54 AM,
The Romantic West
Know it all how about resizing your pic? Say via http://tinypic.com/

Your throwing the whole thread out of whackSmile

07-30-2013, 01:35 PM,
The Romantic West
knowitall needs to get in whack. Rick, are these live posting updates as your search progresses?