Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The perfect chest
08-17-2015, 09:22 AM,
The perfect chest
Forrest specifically picked this chest out for the treasurer, because it fit perfectly. But why did it fit so well? Was it because of the space needed, or the designs on the chest?. I feel like alot of hints point to the box its self. Such as the ladders, which might hint to latteral thinking. IMO the only way to crack this thing is latteral methods.
Wasn't there at one time a discussion about the letters EL on the chest? LADDER EL.
08-17-2015, 09:51 AM,
RE: The perfect chest
He referenced Alice and wonderland and rabbit hole, in the story the rabbit hole was really a cave under a tree. Forrest mentions how deep is a hole but also in Jenny's site said that it could be affected by wind, if the chest is in a cave under a tree and wind blew the tree over that would affect the chest IMO.

I think the chest was perfect due to the bronze. Being out in the forest that bronze itself is a camouflage also perfect for the elements.
08-17-2015, 10:54 AM,
The perfect chest
It would seem to me that Fenn would just cast his own chest, he had 15 years to do it, even a guy/girl that had never worked with bronze could figure it out in that time.
We know he overpaid , so it wasn't price.
Even the size isn't a factor if he could do his own.

The artwork could be customized to anything.
So why overpay for something that artistically has nothing to do with the chase, that you could of made yourself with no time restraints?
Either he did make it and faked the old photos of it, and the art is a hint.
Or
He needed to add more value or perception of value to the cache,

I think he needed something bronze but small enough to fit in his backpack, but exotic enough to still appear as a genuine treasure chest.

Hence, overpaying for something he could of easily made himself.
08-17-2015, 11:07 AM,
True-
That to me, doesn't translate to "perfect" for the chase, and worth overpaying for it. He put too much emphasis on the box itself, and it seems controversial at times, as to what is on or in the box, and the key to it, etc. I cant say he made it, because he said he bought it from a museum friend for 25k I believe. He even stated a nailed down a date in which it may have been made, along with what used to be inside of it. (A family bible or something like that?) and it was Roman or Romanian?
08-17-2015, 11:09 AM,
Don't forget FF is a collector... He's also a straight shooter, if he made the bronze chest he would have told us so... Why not? Why conceal that fact? We all know he makes his bronze bells.

He values old artifacts and antiques and stated the chest was reported from an expert to be from around 1150 AD from the roman period.

Yes, I agree the ladders on the chest are interesting...
08-17-2015, 11:28 AM,
So do you think the ladders represent the final resting place for the chest? Steph made a comment that the chest could be up on something that may result into needing ladders
08-17-2015, 11:33 AM,
(08-17-2015, 10:54 AM)true north Wrote: It would seem to me that Fenn would just cast his own chest, he had 15 years to do it, even a guy/girl that had never worked with bronze could figure it out in that time.
We know he overpaid , so it wasn't price.
Even the size isn't a factor if he could do his own.

The artwork could be customized to anything.
So why overpay for something that artistically has nothing to do with the chase, that you could of made yourself with no time restraints?
Either he did make it and faked the old photos of it, and the art is a hint.
Or
He needed to add more value or perception of value to the cache,

I think he needed something bronze but small enough to fit in his backpack, but exotic enough to still appear as a genuine treasure chest.

Hence, overpaying for something he could of easily made himself.

I think you may be right on target with adding value. He could have made his own chest, but a genuine antique is worth more and adds value to the treasure.

mdavis19
08-17-2015, 11:47 AM,
The perfect chest
Ladders are a strong metaphor when discussing the afterlife, like needing help from above and below to reach your goal,
Or it could be something ladder related, tracking down a good shape antique bronze chest in those dimensions would limit your choices just there, adding another element just compounds the rarity, so if another element was needed, it would have to be simple,
As in having ladders or castles or a history like containing something for a family.
Anything more complex like figures dancing to a revolt or such creates too high of odds , even in 15 years

So maybe ladders is a good idea,
Or steps
Or stairs

I have gone alone in there
I alone in the stars
STAiRS
Eye = stares

So we are looking for a natural staircase with eyes and stars carved into them.
08-17-2015, 12:00 PM,
The ladders are just one of the images on the chest. Maybe we are guilty of yet again not seeing the big picture. The overall theme of the imagery on the chest is of a siege. Focusing on any one part of the theme may be missing the point. Maybe we should be thinking about how a siege fits in.

mdavis19
08-17-2015, 12:02 PM,
I think the ladders represent lateral thinking, Bronze for Thinking Man (AKA The POET, it was first displayed at the St. Louis World's Fair in 1904 and was then given to the city. This sculpture was the only cast created by the lost-wax casting method). I think the Eiffel tower falls somewhere in this too. Eye-Fell Tower. or "I fell" into the rabbit hole? I haven't worked much with the Alice in Wonderland theory though.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Fenn's perfect trap Top Secret 10 1,349 05-12-2019, 08:29 AM
Last Post: Top Secret