Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What would knowing..........??
08-27-2015, 08:21 PM,
Question  What would knowing..........??
So, we all know that there have been 'searchers' that mentioned to ff the first two clues CORRECTLY and there have also been 'people' that WERE 200 and 500 feet from the treasure.

Hypothetically:

Now, what if he had said that those were the same people? What would knowing that do for you?? Would it change anything?

"But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be the shepherd." - Jules Winnfield
08-27-2015, 08:34 PM,
RE: What would knowing..........??
>>Someone is close and they know it.

IMO, Yes, I do. But it just doesn't get me any closer to the finish line, unfortunately.
08-27-2015, 08:51 PM,
Almost everyone thinks or knows they have been close. And almost everyone is dead wrong (cough, cough Decall, cough). It's a calculated strategy on Forrest's part to fool as many searchers as he can into thinking they have been the ones who were close, (Stephanie), to keep them enthusiastic. Truth is, there's no good reason to believe those who have supposedly solved the first two clues and those who have supposedly been within 200-500 feet of the treasure are the same people, unless Forrest explicitly comes out and says so. Reading more into what Forrest says than is really there is both the road to failure, and the favorite pastime of most searchers.

mdavis19
08-27-2015, 08:55 PM,
Take it easy md. :-) It's only hypothetical. I'm mainly interested in what it would change in one's solve. And it might not change anything for some, but many things for others. I mean, s***!! What else is there to do while we wait.......... :-)

"But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be the shepherd." - Jules Winnfield
08-27-2015, 09:05 PM,
awh, come on davis, you're no fun tonight - lighten up a bit, eh?
08-27-2015, 10:08 PM,
I'm just too suspicious of the FF/Dal relationship to post any info to them. I'd never forgive myself if Dal the Blind got some kind of benefit from my info, unproven though it may be.
08-27-2015, 10:09 PM,
does anyone remember where Forrest said not too long ago, that there were exactly 2 search parties he knows that have been close, or within x hundred feet.

i think he may have said "to his certain knowledge"

i think i remember a comment like that in last couple of months

??
08-27-2015, 10:22 PM,
(08-27-2015, 10:09 PM)Chris Yates Wrote: does anyone remember where Forrest said not too long ago, that there were exactly 2 search parties he knows that have been close, or within x hundred feet.
i think he may have said "to his certain knowledge"
i think i remember a comment like that in last couple of months ??
https://stories.californiasunday.com/201...rest-fenn/
08-27-2015, 10:29 PM,
I hear what your saying Lars. And if Dal ever deflects to another search state away from Yellowstone, where he's been for a while now, or if he changes his theories around unexpectedly, then this could show there has been a breach somewhere. Personally, IMO, I don't think there was EVER a good enough reason for ff to have a middle man apart from his family that is also heavily involved in the search and promotions. It just never has looked good.

08-27-2015, 10:42 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-27-2015, 10:55 PM by Chris Yates.)
(08-27-2015, 10:22 PM)Larsonist Wrote: https://stories.californiasunday.com/201...rest-fenn/

thats the baby. thank you

Two separate search parties, to his certain knowledge, have been within a few hundred feet of the chest. And how does he know this? Because they told him where they’d been over email — though Fenn merely smiled to himself and withheld further comment.

(08-27-2015, 10:35 PM)mountain digger Wrote: I thought it was "to his uncertain knowledge"????

the only one i can think of at the moment with uncertain knowledge is this

I don’t want to broaden the clues and hints I’ve written about by pointing them out. What surprises me a little is that nobody to my uncertain knowledge has analyzed one important possibility related to the winning solve.

it may be worth noting that the phrase uncertain knowledge is used once in TFTW right after it mentions the prehistoric friends approaching to within about 200 feet

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The greater part of knowledge is knowing those things not worthy of knowing. James Perotti 2 1,390 03-24-2015, 06:34 AM
Last Post: Retired Postmaster
  I Have a Solid Feeling In Knowing No Rest... Iron Will 1 1,441 01-04-2015, 09:54 AM
Last Post: jbensi