Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What would knowing..........??
08-28-2015, 10:36 PM, (This post was last modified: 08-28-2015, 10:39 PM by Milan.)
RE: What would knowing..........??
(08-28-2015, 09:47 PM)mdavis19 Wrote: ...He has said he will never say anything that will lead someone to the treasure...

[...in a private email...]

Yes. This is definitely true for me. He is a man of his word in this regard, and he has never once confirmed or denied anything to me in an email. I try very hard to not "ask" him for any advantage by asking for him to comment on my solve, or on things I find, etc. I still enjoy showing him the things I discover (through photos and descriptions) because I feel that I owe him this. He has put so much into this chase that I think he should reap the reward of seeing people (or rats) as they progress through his maze. Maybe that's why he never told me off, because I never ask for an advantage through emails.

However, he is human. I think he found a sneaky and fun way to confirm things in the form of public posts that are fair game. Yup, you guessed it, scrapbooks and Jenny Kile answers, etc. Please, we already know your opinion on this. C'est la vie!

But your humorous posts are stating as factual that all Fenn's emails to us are meaningless and misleading [paraphrasing]. Simply not true, he is a genuinely kind individual, imo.
08-28-2015, 11:02 PM,
(08-28-2015, 10:35 PM)Chris Yates Wrote: ...you probably shouldn't be talking like that around here with Mdavis and all...

I'm not worried about mdavis one bit. He's pretty smart, but he can't see past his nose sometimes. Plus, he thinks blazes are the same as gang tags. He really does have potential as a stand up comedian, imo.

You on the other hand, you are definitely one to keep an eye on. Luckily you're still in CO, I think?
08-28-2015, 11:10 PM,
(08-28-2015, 11:02 PM)Milan Wrote: I'm not worried about mdavis one bit. He's pretty smart, but he can't see past his nose sometimes. Plus, he thinks blazes are the same as gang tags. He really does have potential as a stand up comedian, imo.

You on the other hand, you are definitely one to keep an eye on. Luckily you're still in CO, I think?

Mdavis is a serious player in this but there's 2 things holding him back

imagination and logic
08-28-2015, 11:47 PM,
What would knowing..........??
I'll be your Huckleberry....
08-29-2015, 05:16 AM,
now that's the ticket right there Mr. Yates. I believe Forrest made a comment once about imagination. I do not remember exactly what is was. However I do know it can be a double edged sword as one attempts to associate a clue and keep it feasible at the same time. Logically...IF all you need is clue 1 and 2 then those few were likely also within 200 and 500'. They possibly are returning to that area more than once because of a hunch they had that grows thanks to threads such as this.
LIV42DY
08-29-2015, 07:07 AM,
(08-28-2015, 11:02 PM)Milan Wrote:
(08-28-2015, 10:35 PM)Chris Yates Wrote: ...you probably shouldn't be talking like that around here with Mdavis and all...

I'm not worried about mdavis one bit. He's pretty smart, but he can't see past his nose sometimes. Plus, he thinks blazes are the same as gang tags. He really does have potential as a stand up comedian, imo.

I'm glad you think that about me. Keep underestimating me and dismissing my opinions. It will keep you hundreds of miles away from the treasure, and keep it safe for me.

mdavis19

(08-28-2015, 10:36 PM)Milan Wrote:
(08-28-2015, 09:47 PM)mdavis19 Wrote: ...He has said he will never say anything that will lead someone to the treasure...

[...in a private email...]

Yes. This is definitely true for me. He is a man of his word in this regard, and he has never once confirmed or denied anything to me in an email. I try very hard to not "ask" him for any advantage by asking for him to comment on my solve, or on things I find, etc. I still enjoy showing him the things I discover (through photos and descriptions) because I feel that I owe him this. He has put so much into this chase that I think he should reap the reward of seeing people (or rats) as they progress through his maze. Maybe that's why he never told me off, because I never ask for an advantage through emails.

However, he is human. I think he found a sneaky and fun way to confirm things in the form of public posts that are fair game. Yup, you guessed it, scrapbooks and Jenny Kile answers, etc. Please, we already know your opinion on this. C'est la vie!

But your humorous posts are stating as factual that all Fenn's emails to us are meaningless and misleading [paraphrasing]. Simply not true, he is a genuinely kind individual, imo.

I have no doubt that Forrest is a really great guy. If he hadn't created the chase, he'd be just the kind of person I'd like to get to know and hang out with. But as one of his lab rats, I know he isn't going to favor me over any of the others (especially since I am not a cute female). And the easiest way for him to deal with a nuisance searcher is to just say something, anything at all, that he knows they will misinterpret and will send them down the wrong path forever more.

And in reality, even if he doesn't find you a nuisance and doesn't intentionally mislead you, he really can't help but mislead you out of fairness to others. He can't honestly critique your solve without giving away too much information. So he can only dishonestly critique it out of fairness to others. Conversations with him will necessarily be devoid of certain topics. This will give people the false impression that he favors certain places and things over others, when in fact he is simply trying to avoid giving information away. An active searcher talking to Forrest is going to be misled, one way or another, no matter how friendly and innocent the conversation.

Milan, just look at the people who have spent significant time hanging out with Forrest. None of them are anywhere near finding the treasure. I strongly believe that excessive contact with Forrest is clearly a severe hindrance to ever correctly solving the poem, if not an outright roadblock.

mdavis19
08-29-2015, 10:09 AM,
(08-29-2015, 09:14 AM)crazyfamily Wrote:
(08-28-2015, 11:10 PM)Chris Yates Wrote:
(08-28-2015, 11:02 PM)Milan Wrote: I'm not worried about mdavis one bit. He's pretty smart, but he can't see past his nose sometimes. Plus, he thinks blazes are the same as gang tags. He really does have potential as a stand up comedian, imo.

Mdavis is a serious player in this but there's 2 things holding him back

imagination and logic

Bingo, it's a tug of war between these two functions. Forrest exhibits a mastery of both right and left brain function and is pushing us to our limits and beyond. Mdavis is trying to abandoned the right brain because it apparently confuses his left brain.

[Image: 3d009c5973418d8faa6d7d686bf17779.jpg]

I'm not confused about the fact that you and Milan's championing of right-brain function hasn't gotten you guys any closer to the treasure than I am. By the way, I think Forrest is a lot less right-brain than you guys ASSume he is. After all, he isn't an artist himself. He buys and sells art. He's a business man. Business is a very left-brain endeavor. Thank about that.

mdavis19
08-29-2015, 10:34 AM,
If you never had WWWH, I can't see how you could have been that close (other than by blind luck).

But being in the vicinity never helped the 200 footers.

Maybe its time to get that book out and let us all see if there is indeed anything of note. Your solves will be analyzed and put to the test. Only then will we have a clearer picture and if indeed it was all a hoax (or F lying to you and that in itself will lead to serious distrust of F by most searchers)

"Let me tell you something else. I've seen a lot of spinals solves, Dude, and this guy is a fake. A ****ing goldbricker." -Walter Sobchack
08-29-2015, 10:59 AM,
(08-29-2015, 10:24 AM)admin Wrote: I can say that there was a time that Forrest said I never had wwwh....and most times I would share solves with him he would say but where is wwwh. I'm sure he's done that with many. So I don't believe I was at the beginning, but at the end because of his 6 foot comment.

Curious about what Rick said that he believe's he knows when it was. I did offer a partnership to Rick once if we could figure out more of the story about the little painting under the Fechin painting, but he didn't want to. I have had a couple partners.

The 6 feet was a clue.

(08-29-2015, 10:59 AM)Bet Wrote:
(08-29-2015, 10:24 AM)admin Wrote: I can say that there was a time that Forrest said I never had wwwh....and most times I would share solves with him he would say but where is wwwh. I'm sure he's done that with many. So I don't believe I was at the beginning, but at the end because of his 6 foot comment.

Curious about what Rick said that he believe's he knows when it was. I did offer a partnership to Rick once if we could figure out more of the story about the little painting under the Fechin painting, but he didn't want to. I have had a couple partners.

The 6 feet was a clue.
08-29-2015, 05:54 PM,
(08-29-2015, 10:43 AM)crazyfamily Wrote:
(08-29-2015, 10:09 AM)mdavis19 Wrote: I'm not confused about the fact that you and Milan's championing of right-brain function hasn't gotten you guys any closer to the treasure than I am. By the way, I think Forrest is a lot less right-brain than you guys ASSume he is. After all, he isn't an artist himself. He buys and sells art. He's a business man. Business is a very left-brain endeavor. Thank about that.

mdavis19

Forrest leans left brain, but his work at San Lazaro and his writing definitely veer right. Regardless, you have no way of knowing that one of us is not close to the chest... you just don't. I know where I'm looking, what I've found and how Forrest has responded to me. He is being very careful now, but I'm gonna keep waiting for him to say something that tells me I'm wrong and this is an advantage that I have over you, mdavis. I know you can't imagine that.

You are right. I can't imagine it. Talking to Forrest is so clearly a recipe for failure. So you just keep on doing it. I hope you really enjoy the thrill of the chase, because I'm quite certain you will never know the thrill of the finding.

mdavis19

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The greater part of knowledge is knowing those things not worthy of knowing. James Perotti 2 1,429 03-24-2015, 06:34 AM
Last Post: Retired Postmaster
  I Have a Solid Feeling In Knowing No Rest... Iron Will 1 1,472 01-04-2015, 09:54 AM
Last Post: jbensi