Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What if Forrest was a magician?
09-05-2015, 07:21 PM,
What if Forrest was a magician?
I suggest the Thrill of the Chase is not a hoax at all but a complex magic act only to be pulled off by the most brilliant mind.

Watch the movie the Prestige last night.

Great story about competing magicians with a dose of Tesla played by David Bowie.

Ever magic trick has three parts or acts:

1. The Pledge
2. The Turn
3. The Prestige

Please read Cutter’s quote from the movie below.

Cutter: Every great magic trick consists of three parts or acts. The first part is called “The Pledge”. The magician shows you something ordinary: a deck of cards, a bird or a man. He shows you this object. Perhaps he asks you to inspect it to see if it is indeed real, unaltered, normal. But of course… it probably isn’t.

The second act is called “The Turn”. The magician takes the ordinary something and makes it do something extraordinary. Now you’re looking for the secret… but you won’t find it, because of course you’re not really looking. You don’t really want to know. You want to be fooled. But you wouldn’t clap yet. Because making something disappear isn’t enough; you have to bring it back. That’s why every magic trick has a third act, the hardest part, the part we call “The Prestige”.

"Imagination is more important than knowledge." - Einstein
09-05-2015, 11:00 PM,
RE: What if Forrest was a magician?
Or maybe he just has a twin brother.

"But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be the shepherd." - Jules Winnfield
09-06-2015, 07:53 AM,
Would love to see F do the bullet catch!

"Let me tell you something else. I've seen a lot of spinals solves, Dude, and this guy is a fake. A ****ing goldbricker." -Walter Sobchack
09-12-2015, 03:58 PM,
I would like to see Forrest pull Brown out of a Hat!
09-13-2015, 06:33 PM,
What if Forrest was a magician? I think that he designed the poem like a magician. Like a magician, he very cleverly and skillfully diverts his audience's attention with certain words and phrases in the poem. It requires a tight focus to correctly solve the riddle.
09-13-2015, 07:19 PM,
Maybe Penn and Teller can crack it? I would love to go hiking with them. Penn would put Teller on his shoulders like little "master blaster" in the movie Thunderdome.
09-14-2015, 09:20 AM,
Maybe Forrest has yet to hide his treasures?

The poem leads you to believe it's been done because of the past tense of all of the words.

Logic leads me to believe he has fun with words.
09-14-2015, 09:32 AM,
I would say a better trick is if he buried it deep at his spot so that even if you solve the poem you cannot find his chest. If he wants it to be found he can unearth it anytime he wants. Likewise if he were to entomb himself with the chest : all he has to do it dig it up. It would explain why no one has found it (especially those that came within 200 feet)

"Let me tell you something else. I've seen a lot of spinals solves, Dude, and this guy is a fake. A ****ing goldbricker." -Walter Sobchack