Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I have to praise you like should.
09-05-2015, 09:52 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-05-2015, 10:20 PM by Project Why.)
Thumbs Up  I have to praise you like should.
Just a little while ago, I was sitting out on my back porch underneath my patio umbrella, watching the sunset and observing the different colors of the sunset and the gravity effect of the clouds and the air, ......and, as I was swirling the olive in my martini, a jet flew over heading towards Santa Fe, .....and I was thinking.........., >>>>EITHER it is very simple and straightforward and we just need to find that ONE place out of the "many"??, .....or, OR, .....HE just really doesn't give a s***!! and this was all for his entertainment and books, books, books .....and it didn't have anything to do with us in the first place?? I mean, who knows what rich old people do at the end of their days, when they've found everything and bought anything they were looking for? Perhaps, .....we gave/are giving him his immortality? His legacy? Did we just do that? Is this a game that may never end?? I don't know, .....it just doesn't seem like he really cares too much what happens, except for his next book signing or interview. Perhaps we've been bamboozled!! And it might be time to really consider that????????????? Oh, and not that it's NOT out there, .....it just might not be out there for US. Damn it!! .....Oh well. Gotta give him props though, .....it was a GENIUS plan!! :-) .....oldest trick in the book. S***!! Got us again!! Always works though.........

Anybody else want to go to a book signing dog and pony show that has NOTHING to do with the treasure chest or anything helpful in finding it? This whole thing is just all about him!! Isn't than obvious? Unreal. And still no one says anything. BS.

And for the record, I don't think the chest is at 9400, but damn that Fatboy Slim praises very well!! :-) Too high, keep trying.......... Numbers will NOT help!! Ever!! IMMHO.

Seriously though, what a ##^^** magic trick!! I'm thinking someone needs their ass handed to them?? Wasting all our ##^^** time with this bull****!!

All the money and recognition he and other people have made off of all these #%^^ books and stories, .....what a selfish mother %^***!! F*** that guy!! This will be the last time I even concern myself with any of this. Unbelievable.

"But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be the shepherd." - Jules Winnfield
09-05-2015, 10:17 PM,
RE: I have to praise you like should.
Personally, I believe Fenn hid a chest. Actual value of contents is questionable, but that would be his estimate of what he felt it was worth. It's doubtful he would have had an outsider value it for him. Let's face it, all this stuff is from his past and probably holds what he feels is its personal value to him. What would it's value be if the price of gold collapses.
09-05-2015, 10:24 PM,
Just screwing with you guys!! Good luck. :-)

"But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be the shepherd." - Jules Winnfield
09-05-2015, 10:24 PM,
(09-05-2015, 09:52 PM)Project Why Wrote: Anybody else want to go to a book signing dog and pony show that has NOTHING to do with the treasure chest or anything helpful in finding it? This whole thing is just all about him!! Isn't than obvious? Unreal. And still no one says anything. BS.

Hey, I've been saying that for years. Welcome to the club.

mdavis19
09-05-2015, 10:36 PM,
(09-05-2015, 09:52 PM)Project Why Wrote: All the money and recognition he and other people have made off of all these #%^^ books and stories, .....what a selfish mother %^***!! F*** that guy!! This will be the last time I even concern myself with any of this. Unbelievable.

Just how many margaritas did you have before you posted this?

You can take a man out of the forrest but you can't take the forrest out of the man.
09-06-2015, 12:59 AM,
(09-05-2015, 09:52 PM)Project Why Wrote: Just a little while ago, I was sitting out on my back porch underneath my patio umbrella, watching the sunset and observing the different colors of the sunset and the gravity effect of the clouds and the air, ......and, as I was swirling the olive in my martini, a jet flew over heading towards Santa Fe, .....and I was thinking.........., >>>>EITHER it is very simple and straightforward and we just need to find that ONE place out of the "many"??, .....or, OR, .....HE just really doesn't give a s***!! and this was all for his entertainment and books, books, books .....and it didn't have anything to do with us in the first place?? I mean, who knows what rich old people do at the end of their days, when they've found everything and bought anything they were looking for? Perhaps, .....we gave/are giving him his immortality? His legacy? Did we just do that? Is this a game that may never end?? I don't know, .....it just doesn't seem like he really cares too much what happens, except for his next book signing or interview. Perhaps we've been bamboozled!! And it might be time to really consider that????????????? Oh, and not that it's NOT out there, .....it just might not be out there for US. Damn it!! .....Oh well. Gotta give him props though, .....it was a GENIUS plan!! :-) .....oldest trick in the book. S***!! Got us again!! Always works though.........

Anybody else want to go to a book signing dog and pony show that has NOTHING to do with the treasure chest or anything helpful in finding it? This whole thing is just all about him!! Isn't than obvious? Unreal. And still no one says anything. BS.

And for the record, I don't think the chest is at 9400, but damn that Fatboy Slim praises very well!! :-) Too high, keep trying.......... Numbers will NOT help!! Ever!! IMMHO.

Seriously though, what a ##^^** magic trick!! I'm thinking someone needs their ass handed to them?? Wasting all our ##^^** time with this bull****!!

All the money and recognition he and other people have made off of all these #%^^ books and stories, .....what a selfish mother %^***!! F*** that guy!! This will be the last time I even concern myself with any of this. Unbelievable.

"And still no one says anything."

Some have, and you just did.

Of course it's a little coarse, but read this post by PW. Now look at the picture on page 22 of TTotC.

Then ponder what this person, whose "mind is still at thirteen", and who keeps his eyes open when his eyelids are closed, and so fourth and so on;
it might help you to understand what he actually pulled off here.

That's a good post, PW, in spite of the post.

Halogetter
09-06-2015, 08:01 AM,
"I see in the chase the best and smartest men (and women) who've ever lived. I see all this potential, and I see squandering. God damn it, an entire generation running around like chickens, chasing shadows; slaves to a chest of gold. Fenn has us chasing dreams of gold and unlimited wealth,so we can buy shit we don't need. We're the middle children of history, man. No purpose or place. We have no Great War. No Great Depression. Our Great War's a quest for a chest... our Great Depression is our failed searches. We've all been tricked by Fenn to believe that one day we'd find the chest and all be millionaires. But we won't. And we're slowly learning that fact. And we're very, very pissed off." : Harry Fool/Tyler Durden

"Let me tell you something else. I've seen a lot of spinals solves, Dude, and this guy is a fake. A ****ing goldbricker." -Walter Sobchack
09-06-2015, 10:49 AM,
I see brilliant people on here. I am truly amazed by the intelligence. We all love a challenge and it was intoxicating. But it was an emotional roller coaster. After each failed search I sat down and wept. Then I did some deep thinking and soul searching, and realized the probability of finding this is extremely low. A needle in the haystack, really. So why not share and help someone find this, even if it wasn't me.
And so I did, and I let go of the obsession. I found this lifted an immense burden from me, and even though I continue to enjoy working on this puzzle, I own it.....it no longer owns and enslaves me. I believe the chest exists. This is a hard thing because you have no proof, so I do understand why some do not believe. Forrest bought something, advertising for his books, fame, a place in history, and he paid for this with a chest of gold. I do not think it is worth millions because if you calculate the price of gold, American Eagles are 1172.00 today for a one ounce coin. So even if there is 20 pounds of gold.....that is about $375,000. The spot rate was about the same in 2010. I realize the other items may have great value, and perhaps you can get to the million dollar mark. I do not believe he would swindle people. He is a decent person. I know this. How do I know this. I know this because when I told him where I would be hunting with my 8 year old granddaughter, a place full of old mines, he came out with the treasure is not in a mine 2 days later. He has done his best to protect people from making poor decisions or putting themselves at risk. But Fenn is a good person and there is no doubt in my mind that there is a treasure. Just because people are frustrated and cannot find it does not mean it doesn't exist. In my opinion as always.
********Important Clarification***********
I need to clarify the IOU thing.....Dal just said on HOD that Fenn said there was no IOU in the chest. I am going to have to stop posting.....there is so much information floating around after 5 years....I guess it's impossible to know the facts. My apologies for posting something which may not be true. However, I just had a reply that Fenn said he couldn't remember if he put an IOU in. So whatever it is worth. I am confused.
09-06-2015, 11:16 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-06-2015, 11:17 AM by Milan.)
This all depends on how you choose to see it, with optimism or pessimism? I choose optimism.

My view is that at worst, he gave us all a free lottery ticket. Someone might win, or perhaps the winning ticket gets thrown in the trash.

But those of us who kept their lottery ticket get to:
1. dream.
2. learn great things about history.
3. learn from the life and times of an honorable man who truly represents the great american story - back when you didn't need to apologize for being a true american.
4. learn about the Rockies.
5. smell the fresh air and experience the outdoors in one of the most beautiful places in the world.

Not a bad deal, in my book.
09-06-2015, 11:27 AM,
(09-06-2015, 11:16 AM)Milan Wrote: This all depends on how you choose to see it, with optimism or pessimism? I choose optimism.

My view is that at worst, he gave us all a free lottery ticket. Someone might win, or perhaps the winning ticket gets thrown in the trash.

But those of us who kept their lottery ticket get to:
1. dream.
2. learn great things about history.
3. learn from the life and times of an honorable man who truly represents the great american story - back when you didn't need to apologize for being a true american.
4. learn about the Rockies.
5. smell the fresh air and experience the outdoors in one of the most beautiful places in the world.

Not a bad deal, in my book.
Great points....I have learned so much it has been an amazing experience. Nothing ventured nothing gained. If I were younger and in better health.....well I would still be chasing the pot of gold. Each of us must know when to hold, when to fold, and when to walk away. There is wisdom in this, too.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Praise Me, pleeeeeeeeeeeze! abex 7 4,710 09-22-2016, 09:41 AM
Last Post: azuredeb
  In Praise of Failure abex 13 9,327 09-17-2016, 12:14 PM
Last Post: decall
  In Praise of Wild Adventure Larsonist 1 1,671 11-13-2015, 06:53 PM
Last Post: samsmith