Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The anagram camp
08-04-2013, 01:06 PM,
The anagram camp
I've been chasing anagrams for a few months now. For the first month I was certain that maybe only one exists in the poem. But after lots of practice, I was able to make nine. Probably half or more are wrong, but it did go to show that they can be done.

Originally, I was hoping to find explicit instructions in the anagrams, but what came out were just more clues that can "confirm" the meaning of the line in the poem.

A proper anagram must use all the letters in a line and it must make a play on the meaning of the original phrase.

Here is one that I have for WWWH. It may or may not be correct, but I do believe it is the right area for WWWH: "straw-hat lawmen; big weir there"

A quick check online can confirm what YNP rangers wear and what Hebgen Dam really is.

I'm looking for a partner or a small group who want to work together on this angle.
08-05-2013, 10:40 PM,
The anagram camp
Anagrams are a scary place. I emailed Dal a long time ago about a clever anagram I had come up with, he emailed back saying there's so many places to check without using them. After chasing down that road for a while, forcing pieces to fit, I tend to agree with him now.

I don't mean to poopoo your ideas, I just wouldn't want you to get too locked in to any one particular line of thought. There's a lot of different kinds of smarts we are going to need to solve this thing, anagrams may or may not be one of them.
08-05-2013, 11:09 PM,
The anagram camp
Thanks tomwhat. I do realize that my hand might be forcing the words.

That said, when you get to West Yellowstone and if you've checked all your spots, please do send me a note and I'll give you some of those anagrams if you have time left to search.
08-06-2013, 12:52 PM,
The anagram camp
I anagrammed a ton back in the day, but I decided I was chasing to many rabbits! LOL! Who knows though..... straw hat lawmen just might be the answer....
08-06-2013, 02:59 PM,
The anagram camp
Thanks Jen. It looks like I'm on my own down this path, then. At least I don't need to feel rushed.
08-06-2013, 06:35 PM,
The anagram camp
muset - Have you ever tried to write a sentence that equates to a specific anagram & relates to a different subject? Extremely difficult, I would think. You need to use all the letters of all the words, right? So many possibilities. Seems a bit too much. I don't have much faith in the numbers & possible coordinates either. Silly me - I need help with Wyoming.
08-06-2013, 07:04 PM,
The anagram camp
Hi Becky. It is extremely difficult to make any sensible anagram using all the letters of a line. But yes, in some cases I have made two from one line that have totally different meaning. I'm sure that several of the anagrams I've made are totally wrong; otherwise I'd have the treasure.

In the sample case of "straw hat lawmen", I had just watched Butch Cassidy And The Sundance Kid. Butch says about lawman LaForce: "...he always wears a white straw hat.." I got the idea that the Chase might be a parody on Butch's flight from lawmen. So I actually made that anagram before learning that YNP rangers wear straw campaign hats. But my confidence in that anagram is as low as yours; it was just an example.

For your Wyoming quest, consider finding a waterfall near your blaze and check directly below her outflow froth. Your effort might be worth the cold if my Ouija words are pointing to the correct sequence of letters.
08-06-2013, 07:44 PM,
The anagram camp
muset - Ouija words? Ouija words? Yikes! What are you doing? Some searchers already think there are demons attached to the chest. I like waterfalls & straw hats, but outflow froth - oooooh, sounds thrilling. So it most likely is underwater. I never did think that, but ... sounds like a plan. Want to come along?

Anagrams - on Dal's blog I believe Chris Yates posted several pages of them. Like a whole list of anagrams per each clue (selected by him). I'm unable to instruct you to the exact places.
08-06-2013, 09:24 PM,
The anagram camp
Becky, your trip sounds really fun. Good one.

I really don't know about under water. It just sounds that way. Or maybe a Giant's Kettle.

Thanks for the tip for finding CY's data. I always thought he was on to something...
08-07-2013, 04:08 PM,
The anagram camp
muset, let's email now. I'm busy getting the last minute gear together for our trip and I don't want to forget. If you are using a Ouija board I might need a little convincing. Wink

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Anagram fun true north 36 16,356 06-09-2018, 09:28 PM
Last Post: DeeepThnkr
  ANAGRAM - Last line of poem Shark 37 12,573 03-31-2018, 10:31 AM
Last Post: astree