Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Cipher debate
09-16-2015, 10:20 PM,
RE: The White Knight - Andrew Briggs
(09-16-2015, 10:02 PM)HarryFool Wrote: The guy has brains and realizing his solution was lacking he did what a number of failed searchers did. He wrote a book to monetize his efforts instead

He also realized he needed a lot more publicity to sell his book and he preemptively sent his solve to the interviewer beforehand hoping he would be mentioned.

He could not possibly have imagined in his wildest dreams being told he had it mostly figured out by F and now his book is selling like hot cakes. He is one lucky SOB!

Outsourcing again.....would much rather see a local searcher get this kind of deal.
England - 1
USA. - 0
I still don't know how he would know about the radio show.....hmmmmm a puzzle
09-16-2015, 10:31 PM,
I gotta tell ya, Briggs has no chance in this search and has not solved anything worth fretting over.
Here are some incriminating chapter titles that make me chuckle:

5.2.1 The letters carved on the tree in the videos.

6. The ‘Big Lake’ mentioned in the deciphered directions.

6.1 A wider search area is unlikely to be required.

7 Searching on the ground.

7.1 Big lake attempt 1.

7.2 Big lake attempt 2.
09-16-2015, 10:41 PM,
[quote='Larsonist' pid='70261' dateline='1442460707']
I gotta tell ya, Briggs has no chance in this search and has not solved anything worth fretting over.
Here are some incriminating chapter titles that make me chuckle:

5.2.1 The letters carved on the tree in the videos.

6. The ‘Big Lake’ mentioned in the deciphered directions.

6.1 A wider search area is unlikely to be required.

7 Searching on the ground.

7.1 Big lake attempt 1.

7.2 Big lake attempt 2.

[/quote

I wonder what exactly he was attempting to do at the big lake....
09-16-2015, 11:16 PM,
(09-16-2015, 10:41 PM)Bet Wrote: 6. The ‘Big Lake’ mentioned in the deciphered directions.
7.1 Big lake attempt 1.
7.2 Big lake attempt 2.[/b]
[/quote
I wonder what exactly he was attempting to do at the big lake....

Good question. Somewhere in that scrawny little poem, he managed to find a Big Lake. A Great Big Lake.

Makes me shake my great big head. Not once, but twice. shake shake
09-16-2015, 11:26 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-16-2015, 11:34 PM by Project Why.)
(09-16-2015, 10:02 PM)HarryFool Wrote: The guy has brains and realizing his solution was lacking he did what a number of failed searchers did. He wrote a book to monetize his efforts instead

He also realized he needed a lot more publicity to sell his book and he preemptively sent his solve to the interviewer beforehand hoping he would be mentioned.

He could not possibly have imagined in his wildest dreams being told he had it mostly figured out by F and now his book is selling like hot cakes. He is one lucky SOB!

Mostly figured out? I don think so. Look what Crazyfamily said:

(09-16-2015, 10:03 PM)crazyfamily Wrote:
(09-16-2015, 08:32 PM)true north Wrote: I'm applying a cipher to that answer now......
Yep,
Just came back.
Bullsh&t with a British accent.

Hahabahaha, Good night, White Knight. I loved Forrest's response, "I couldn't find the treasure after reading his solve." He should consider himself lucky... his book may not sell much but he can stop looking. I wish Forrest would be so frank with me!

Right?? So with what Harry said and what Crazyfamily just quoted, .....how can it be both? It can't. It's total BS!! He didn't figure out anything. ff was flying by the seat of his pants once again without a script, .....and just like the NM tourism video, he said something completely off the mark.

And once again, .....very disappointing. Books, books, books..........

"But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be the shepherd." - Jules Winnfield
09-16-2015, 11:49 PM,
This Andrew Briggs part of the interview was deliberately put in there specifically for Andrew Briggs and nobody else solely for the use of his name as a hint IMO . You can totally tell from the change of tone throughout the interview. Also you can tell that for a split second Dal had to decide if what he had just said was too much, almost like he had slipped up or something. It was pretty visible in my mind, but I may just be hearing stuff..
09-16-2015, 11:57 PM,
(09-16-2015, 11:49 PM)Hammertime Wrote: This Andrew Briggs part of the interview was deliberately put in there specifically for Andrew Briggs and nobody else solely for the use of his name as a hint IMO . You can totally tell from the change of tone throughout the interview. Also you can tell that for a split second Dal had to decide if what he had just said was too much, almost like he had slipped up or something. It was pretty visible in my mind, but I may just be hearing stuff..

Is there something specific you are seeing....this is an interesting thought. I think you have to assume everything was by design or it was a mistake. It didn't seem planned at all....quite the contrary.

Perhaps white knight is the clue

I think all angles should always be looked at....what lies beneath.
09-17-2015, 12:40 AM,
Sounds like a lot of bookmaking going on.
09-17-2015, 01:10 AM,
I don't think there's a cipher involved, but I do wonder if FF referenced Briggs to emphasize the correct thought process not the exact answers; hence the I couldn't find it from his solve statement. I love them, but cryptic crosswords sometimes make my my whirl like I've been in a vapor cave too long.
09-17-2015, 03:23 AM,
The only reason that f referenced Briggs is because the interviewer asked him a question about him. He caught f off guard and f just blurted out a sarcastic remark saying that Briggs maybe got some of it right. F knows that Briggs is wrong; we all know that Briggs is wrong.. There are no ciphers or other cryptic clues in the poem. The clues in the poem are hidden in a clever way and they are straight forward as f says they are. The solve in my book will give you a better understanding of the clues. And, there is a secret message that I give as to what I believe f is saying to us all.

Ritt

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  can You make this cipher work lostowl 1 1,305 05-28-2017, 04:22 PM
Last Post: lostowl
  Photoshop or altering photos .... Ff settles the debate Kpro 90 24,171 03-08-2017, 02:04 PM
Last Post: Kpro
  Scrapbook 62: To cipher or not to cipher? Doc 26 22,263 12-04-2015, 05:50 AM
Last Post: astree