Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Cipher debate
09-17-2015, 03:59 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-17-2015, 04:11 AM by Buddy Allen.)
RE: The White Knight - Andrew Briggs
(09-17-2015, 03:23 AM)Ritt Jordan Wrote: The only reason that f referenced Briggs is because the interviewer asked him a question about him. He caught f off guard and f just blurted out a sarcastic remark saying that Briggs maybe got some of it right. F knows that Briggs is wrong; we all know that Briggs is wrong.. There are no ciphers or other cryptic clues in the poem. The clues in the poem are hidden in a clever way and they are straight forward as f says they are. The solve in my book will give you a better understanding of the clues. And, there is a secret message that I give as to what I believe f is saying to us all.

Ritt

Ritt Plato haven't read your book but I agree with what you just said. Spending time looking into codes or cyphers is synonymous with calling ff a liar.
09-17-2015, 08:17 AM,
If there were a cipher needed to find the TC, then Forrest's named would be tarnished for ever and his "legacy" would be kaput. He's stated verbally and in writing that there are no ciphers needed to figure out the clues. Andrew Briggs is just trying to make a few bucks off his failed solve and was smart enough to come up with a marketing plan for his e-book. I mean, what better way to sell a book, then to have the guy that started it all mention you and it on air?
09-17-2015, 08:24 AM,
Ritt - I disagree with your conclusion that the clues aren't cryptic based but agree they are hidden in a clever way. Cryptic clues are by definition a clue where the answer is described in a misleading way. FF has blatantly told us he likes wordplay (butterfly/ flutter-by comment). The no codes and ciphers statement may mean there are no acrostics or anagrams but anyone who ignores double or cryptic definitions, hidden words or charades is failing to use their imagination.
09-17-2015, 08:29 AM,
I believe that Forrest said Briggs had it figured out "maybe " because of a couple reasons. First, he says he used the videos as hints. I too think these are good good. Second, he says that FF uses some cartoon characters (think like a kid). I don't believe it has anything to with his use of a key word or code for directions.
09-17-2015, 09:44 AM,
I don't know if anyone has dissected this yet, but there are 2 spellings of the word cipher, and FF only uses one spelling that I can find. It also appears that the British use the spelling of "cypher" more than "cipher". Now all of a sudden we hear Forrest talking about a British guy using codes and cyphers on the radio. In reality he never said no cyphers. Also it looks like the word cipher/cypher comes from a meaning of zero, or empty. I feel like that is another hint to separate the nature hunters from the treasure hunters. Everything he says has a double meaning.
09-17-2015, 10:10 AM,
(09-17-2015, 09:44 AM)Hammertime Wrote: I don't know if anyone has dissected this yet, but there are 2 spellings of the word cipher, and FF only uses one spelling that I can find. It also appears that the British use the spelling of "cypher" more than "cipher". Now all of a sudden we hear Forrest talking about a British guy using codes and cyphers on the radio. In reality he never said no cyphers. Also it looks like the word cipher/cypher comes from a meaning of zero, or empty. I feel like that is another hint to separate the nature hunters from the treasure hunters. Everything he says has a double meaning.

I agree. I think the reference to Briggs was not about comics or animals as the correct solve key - it was about the way of thinking. There's an outside chance that the poem's missing x is to highlight Ximenes and thereby give us a general set of wordplay rules to follow.
09-17-2015, 10:17 AM,
(09-17-2015, 03:23 AM)Ritt Jordan Wrote: The only reason that f referenced Briggs is because the interviewer asked him a question about him. He caught f off guard and f just blurted out a sarcastic remark saying that Briggs maybe got some of it right. F knows that Briggs is wrong; we all know that Briggs is wrong.. There are no ciphers or other cryptic clues in the poem. The clues in the poem are hidden in a clever way and they are straight forward as f says they are. The solve in my book will give you a better understanding of the clues. And, there is a secret message that I give as to what I believe f is saying to us all.

Ritt

Ritt,
You are 100 percent right, Fenn's book is the only true "guide" for Finding the Chest... F gave him attention to appeal to international markets, and that's great... We have thousands of Brits coming over for tourism and many of them I have met, and I enjoy talking to them. F said point blank.. there are no crazy codes or cyphers in the poem.

Cheers!
09-17-2015, 10:24 AM,
It would be foolhardy to dismiss something without probing its depths.
09-17-2015, 10:33 AM,
(09-17-2015, 10:24 AM)Bet Wrote: It would be foolhardy to dismiss something without probing its depths.

I don't know if I could agree anymore than what I already agree
09-17-2015, 02:04 PM,
(09-17-2015, 10:17 AM)glock20 Wrote:

Ritt

Ritt,
You are 100 percent right, Fenn's book is the only true "guide" for Finding the Chest... F gave him attention to appeal to international markets, and that's great... We have thousands of Brits coming over for tourism and many of them I have met, and I enjoy talking to them. F said point blank.. there are no crazy codes or cyphers in the poem.

Cheers!

Glock20, I agree. Forrest is a genius when it comes to marketing. He has taken it from a local item to an international one. He is good! There will be many memories of Forrest to pass on to other generations. He does want to make his mark in history. Gotta love it.

Cheers back at you!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The "hear" cipher in the poem and its true unlocked coordinate variant LeadSolver 15 1,270 10-10-2020, 10:19 AM
Last Post: LeadSolver
  New Poem & Cipher with Cash Prize Octopus 14 1,784 07-01-2020, 01:28 PM
Last Post: Octopus
  can You make this cipher work lostowl 1 1,926 05-28-2017, 04:22 PM
Last Post: lostowl
  Photoshop or altering photos .... Ff settles the debate Kpro 90 26,271 03-08-2017, 02:04 PM
Last Post: Kpro
  Scrapbook 62: To cipher or not to cipher? Doc 26 26,567 12-04-2015, 05:50 AM
Last Post: astree