Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Cipher debate
09-17-2015, 02:15 PM,
RE: The White Knight - Andrew Briggs
(09-17-2015, 02:04 PM)Ritt Jordan Wrote:
(09-17-2015, 10:17 AM)glock20 Wrote:
(09-17-2015, 03:23 AM)Ritt Jordan Wrote: The only reason that f referenced Briggs is because the interviewer asked him a question about him. He caught f off guard and f just blurted out a sarcastic remark saying that Briggs maybe got some of it right. F knows that Briggs is wrong; we all know that Briggs is wrong.. There are no ciphers or other cryptic clues in the poem. The clues in the poem are hidden in a clever way and they are straight forward as f says they are. The solve in my book will give you a better understanding of the clues. And, there is a secret message that I give as to what I believe f is saying to us all.

Ritt

Ritt,
You are 100 percent right, Fenn's book is the only true "guide" for Finding the Chest... F gave him attention to appeal to international markets, and that's great... We have thousands of Brits coming over for tourism and many of them I have met, and I enjoy talking to them. F said point blank.. there are no crazy codes or cyphers in the poem.

Cheers!

Glock20, I agree. Forrest is a genius when it comes to marketing. He has taken it from a local item to an international one. He is good! There will be many memories of Forrest to pass on to other generations. He does want to make his mark in history. Gotta love it.

Cheers back at you!
Ritt are you here trying to hype another book? Good Grief....I hope someone finds this thing soon....
09-17-2015, 02:44 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-17-2015, 03:16 PM by Ritt Jordan.)
Bet, you are not obligated to read my post or purchase my book. Good Greif! Chill out! I was just saying that Briggs's solve cannot be right because he uses ciphers in it. Forrest said no ciphers! I only mentioned that my book has no ciphers...it's about finding hidden meanings to the clues and about my adventures with BOG. And, no it's not another book it's the same one. You will notice I did not mention the title of my book. If someone is interested they will look it up. I'm not trying to hype, as you put it, I'm trying to get new searchers interested in TTOTC and bring forth new ideas that fit Fenn's guidelines. Why don't you try writing and publishing a book, it's fun, but costly.
09-17-2015, 02:48 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-17-2015, 03:58 PM by timberwolf.)
(09-16-2015, 10:02 PM)HarryFool Wrote: The guy has brains and realizing his solution was lacking he did what a number of failed searchers did. He wrote a book to monetize his efforts instead

He also realized he needed a lot more publicity to sell his book and he preemptively sent his solve to the interviewer beforehand hoping he would be mentioned.

He could not possibly have imagined in his wildest dreams being told he had it mostly figured out by F and now his book is selling like hot cakes. He is one lucky SOB!

Briggs, didn't get ANY of MY money!!!

Why? My money is too valuable to throw away... especially on someone else's solve. I don't care if Fenn did mention it on live radio. I admit I was curious... but I didn't want to give my hard earned cash to an obvious scammer. That's what all these "solve" books really are… a way to separate the naive from their money.

Let's face it, if it was a valid solve, why didn't Briggs use it himself and get the chest? Because it was just a ruse to get people to send him money for nothing... and that's all. Nothing more, nothing less. Here is the sad part… it worked!

Here is my advice…. Anyone who has a solve to sell you... has nothing but YOUR MONEY.

So let's assume that Fenn was correct and Briggs had some of it right...

1) Did Briggs send the actual text from the book he is selling or did he send something DIFFERENT to Fenn (and/or the radio host)? How does anyone know that the book text is EXACTLY the same as the email text? It’s possible, is it not?

2) What exactly is CORRECT in his solve? One word? Two words? Several words? Many words? A phrase? Several phrases? A sentence? Several? A concept? Several? An interpretation? Several? Thought process? Do you see where I am going here? Trying to figure out EXACTLY WHAT in someone else's solve is correct and what is bogus is likely harder than figuring out Fenn's poem from the start. AND THEN you have to solve at least part of Fenn’s poem IN ADDITION TO Brigg’s solve. Wow, thats a lot of work and much harder than if you just focused on the real deal. Maybe I’m wrong.

The only thing I can figure out is that the people who spent their hard earned cash on Brigg's book... are grasping at straws hoping something in Brigg's book will be better than their own solve.... To me, that shows they don't have much confidence. I’m not trying to put anyone down, I’m just saying that they must feel their solve is weak.

I think several people must have a very good and solid solve right up to the last clue. It’s in the law of averages. Fenn said something like, if you get within 12 feet of the chest, you will find it. Damn that last elusive clue! And that vague 144 square feet somewhere in the Rocky Mountains, at least 8 miles north of Santa Fe……..

Question; Who purchased Brigg's book (and are willing to admit it) and why did you purchase it? (maybe I’ll post this question on its own thread…)
09-17-2015, 03:04 PM,
The White Knight - Andrew Briggs
Everyone assumes, sorry , generalizing, many people assume, Briggs simply emailed his solve and Fenn took notice, Briggs is an author, he sends paperwork all the time, so right there he has a 95% edge over everyone else just emailing him, wrap it in an interesting paper add a little mystery and boom , Fenn has just singled out your solve.
Briggs also knows editors receive hundreds of manuscripts , so if you can attach someone's name to it that has a little clout even better.
Briggs is a YA writer , not enough clout, but his brother Peter, well he has Hollywood clout, he wrote Hellboy.
And we all know Fenn loves the Hollywood, so it's not hard to conceive a friend of a friend made sure this lands on his desk type deal happened.
Knowing that's how Fenn knew about the solve ahead of time , greatly diminishes the strength of his findings.

Or Fenn simply bluffed his way thru that question.
09-17-2015, 03:44 PM,
Solve this >>>> K.I.S.S.

That's how you follow the poems directions. IMO Wink
09-17-2015, 03:48 PM,
Fenn has a reason to highlight the UK.
09-17-2015, 03:49 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-17-2015, 03:50 PM by mrmagicarovrumrebel.)
timberwolf point 2 above is about the most accurate

(09-17-2015, 03:48 PM)Buddy Allen Wrote: Fenn has a reason to highlight the UK.

you are either very smart or very perceptive
09-17-2015, 04:04 PM,
(09-17-2015, 03:49 PM)mrmagicarovrumrebel Wrote: timberwolf point 2 above is about the most accurate

you are either very smart or very perceptive

He's got various ways to get what he wants.
09-17-2015, 04:04 PM,

What is Fenn's reason to highlight the UK? Just wondering. Thanks, Kermit.
09-17-2015, 04:49 PM,
(09-17-2015, 04:04 PM)Kermit Wrote:

What is Fenn's reason to highlight the UK? Just wondering. Thanks, Kermit.
because f knows the person who CAN end this is me.....and I am from the UK.

I am sure any shopkeepers, hoteliers and servers in the area where I were this summer will remember me....as will the non-believers who loved my treasure hunt stories at the poker tables......if only they knew.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The "hear" cipher in the poem and its true unlocked coordinate variant LeadSolver 15 1,230 10-10-2020, 10:19 AM
Last Post: LeadSolver
  New Poem & Cipher with Cash Prize Octopus 14 1,754 07-01-2020, 01:28 PM
Last Post: Octopus
  can You make this cipher work lostowl 1 1,916 05-28-2017, 04:22 PM
Last Post: lostowl
  Photoshop or altering photos .... Ff settles the debate Kpro 90 26,243 03-08-2017, 02:04 PM
Last Post: Kpro
  Scrapbook 62: To cipher or not to cipher? Doc 26 26,525 12-04-2015, 05:50 AM
Last Post: astree