Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Questions for Forrest
08-10-2013, 11:24 PM,
Questions for Forrest
Hey Forrest,

Do your realize just how much hope you give to so many? I have studied the poem over and over, and might have an idea of where it is. Does it have to do with the color red?

08-11-2013, 08:14 AM,
Questions for Forrest
Thanks
10-23-2016, 02:54 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-23-2016, 02:54 PM by The Count.)
RE: Questions for Forrest
You never know where you will find little treasures on CC, to read post of the banned when things were different, it's almost like going back in time.

And the look on users faces when they see a thread from Ricky back on top Smile priceless, you didn't cover your tracks that well back then bud.

Fenn seems to be so fascinated with the indian culture it seem some aspect of the chase must be interwoven with it, how could it not be? For anyone up for another good read start from page one of this thread.
10-23-2016, 03:43 PM,
(10-23-2016, 02:54 PM)The Count Wrote: You never know where you will find little treasures on CC, to read post of the banned when things were different, it's almost like going back in time.

And the look on users faces when they see a thread from Ricky back on top Smile priceless, you didn't cover your tracks that well back then bud.

Fenn seems to be so fascinated with the indian culture it seem some aspect of the chase must be interwoven with it, how could it not be? For anyone up for another good read start from page one of this thread.

I wish I would have known we was playin cowboys and indians, I woulda a shown how a half breed could track down a Apache in no time.
10-23-2016, 04:17 PM, (This post was last modified: 10-23-2016, 05:05 PM by The Count.)
It makes me wonder if there was a culture or era in particular that you wish you could have experienced. I’m sure you would have been a Maverick no matter where you might have landed in time! ~Dusty Rose Treasury

Dear Dusty Rose Treasury,
Looking back on my life, with the advantage of 85 years of hindsight, I can understand how you would arrive at that conclusion. But, like the batter standing at the plate, it was not possible for me to know what will happen in the next few minutes.
(10-23-2016, 02:54 PM)Forrest Fenn Wrote: To answer your question in full would take more space that Jenny allows here, but I will say that I would like to have been with the first human that stepped into North America, and I would like to have been with the Indians at the Custer fight. And probably a lot of events in-between.

To be there to see the look on the "boy general"'s face as the indains were coming to kill him, pricless.

imsunbuddynow,
Are you asking me which I would be back then cowboy or Indian?
Your right maybe a little of both, to have the freedom of the land and to use everything it had to offer, but then to seek out the wild west with my 6 shooter both would be priceless memories.
01-16-2020, 10:18 AM,
Questions for Forrest
Some classic Ricky in here.

Forrest seems to be answering questions lately. Maybe someone could ask him this one....

Are you aware of any searchers successfully using hints from TTOTC to solve clues in the poem?

razyfamily
01-16-2020, 11:00 AM,
(01-16-2020, 10:18 AM)crazyfamily Wrote: Some classic Ricky in here.

Forrest seems to be answering questions lately. Maybe someone could ask him this one....

Are you aware of any searchers successfully using hints from TTOTC to solve clues in the poem?

IMO, there are a ton of hints in TTOTC that point to WWWH. But there are also a number of hints in the poem that point to WWWH, so the hints in TTOTC are not really necessary, even though some are more obvious.

I wish I could identify more hints in TTOTC for solving clues 8 and 9, however. I suspect they may be hiding in My War For Me, but who knows?
01-16-2020, 12:54 PM,
Questions for Forrest
One of the ironic things to me is despite Forrest telling searchers how to solve the poem by reading the book and then the poem etc, some searchers claim that the book doesn’t help and is instead a distraction.

We are only aware that some searchers may have solved four clues, so even though everyone thinks they have the blaze and the final location nailed down, it’s extremely unlikely. No one is going out to retrieve the treasure even though most think they have solved the poem.

razyfamily
01-16-2020, 01:52 PM,
(01-16-2020, 12:54 PM)crazyfamily Wrote: One of the ironic things to me is despite Forrest telling searchers how to solve the poem by reading the book and then the poem etc, some searchers claim that the book doesn’t help and is instead a distraction.

We are only aware that some searchers may have solved four clues, so even though everyone thinks they have the blaze and the final location nailed down, it’s extremely unlikely. No one is going out to retrieve the treasure even though most think they have solved the poem.

I went out in October, because I thought I had it solved. It wasn't there. Maybe I overlooked it, but I am moving on. Interestingly, my mindset has not been that 1) someone got there first, or 2) it's a hoax. Even after seven years in the hunt, my attitude is that I am close, so roll up the sleeves and find what I may have missed in the poem or book. Sadly, my great idea for "in the wood" failed me, so now I am back with the rest of the crowd on that part. Hopefully it's not that "key" (lol).
01-16-2020, 06:08 PM,
I've been to my search area dozens of times but there are hundreds of possible solutions in that area. But only one correct solution. I think I've checked about all of them but the last, best solution.

The problem with all the hints FF gives is that most of them don't lead you directly to the TC. They just describe the nearby area of the TC. Every time FF would come out with a new strong hint in one of his scrapbooks, I would think that it must lead to the TC. But it didn't. I can match his hints to dozens of features in the final search area but they don't lead to the TC. Many hints refer to the same feature(s) but from a different perspective, a different story.

Very few hints refer to WWWH, IMO. But there are at least 3 or 4 that I'm aware of.

I think FF thought that there would be quite a few searchers who would figure out most of the clues but not as many would figure out the last clues/riddle. So he gives more hints for those last clues. But no one understands them because they can't get that far in their solution.
These are all just my ideas. I hope no one uses them.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  2020 MW Questions with Forrest Fenn brubr 12 1,317 01-07-2020, 10:50 PM
Last Post: crazyfamily
  Six Questions with Forrest Fenn (02/04/2019) JoeKing101 10 6,472 02-06-2019, 10:23 AM
Last Post: Daniel A
Big Grin Forrest Fenn Random Words/Questions Bet 19 8,982 06-28-2018, 05:54 PM
Last Post: DeeepThnkr
  Six Questions with Forrest Fenn and The Thrill of the Chase: Double Charmed DL167 115 41,745 03-06-2018, 06:52 AM
Last Post: will197532
  Forrest's timeline questions 5GIRLS 6 3,450 07-02-2017, 04:21 PM
Last Post: jdigginsz
  Six questions with Forrest Fenn February 4th The Count 39 24,170 02-03-2017, 09:19 PM
Last Post: jdigginsz