Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
F the exception and not the rule
09-20-2015, 09:41 PM,
F the exception and not the rule
One of the reasons I believe the chest is out there is that unlike other treasure hunts which have generally turned out to be likely hoaxes or unfairly solved is that F's life has been one big exception!

He got shot down twice in Vietnam but he escaped capture and likely torture and death.

He lacked formal education but became a successful business man and self made millionaire.

He got cancer with little chance of surviving yet he beat the odds.

He has defied death, the odds and ill fortune and came out trumps. Not many people can do that.

Does that make him an exceptional person?

Yes it does but the final chapter to his story is still missing. Will the chest be found by someone who solved it fairly?

I just can't see him throwing it all away with a BS chase or hoax. If it is really out there he will want it found at some point.

"Let me tell you something else. I've seen a lot of spinals solves, Dude, and this guy is a fake. A ****ing goldbricker." -Walter Sobchack
09-21-2015, 08:40 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-21-2015, 08:47 AM by HarryFool.)
RE: F the exception and not the rule
(09-21-2015, 02:49 AM)admin Wrote: But no one could call him on it. He would have thought of everything if that's the case.

I disagree. He continuously alludes to searchers getting ever closer. And the closer they get without finding the chest the bigger the credibility gap grows.

He has gone on record as saying the chase is difficult but not impossible. He has alluded to the fact you don't need any tools or special knowledge, you don't need to disturb anything to find it etc. He even said the chest could be found sooner rather than later.

If he is being truthful he has nothing to worry about cause its just a matter of time and will surely be found soon (my bet is next year). If he is lying then he has a big problem and the obviousness of it is becoming all too apparent. Calls of hoax, unsolvable, unfindable will only surmount as time goes on. Even the most die hard will call into question their faith if it remains undiscovered for much longer.

He can no longer drag out this chase IMHO

(09-21-2015, 04:44 AM)Plasmalupus Wrote: Ahh...the final chapter. The one not included in his memoir. The one about artifacts, suicides, raids, confiscated possessions, the FBI and lawyers at almost 80?

Will it be called "Fenn's Revenge"?

History is written by the winners. Never forget that and he has been a winner but will he win his final battle?

F gets to write his final chapter if the chest is found before he passes. If not we do and shame and ignominy will be his epitaph!

"Let me tell you something else. I've seen a lot of spinals solves, Dude, and this guy is a fake. A ****ing goldbricker." -Walter Sobchack
09-21-2015, 10:45 AM, (This post was last modified: 09-21-2015, 10:48 AM by glock20.)
(09-20-2015, 09:41 PM)HarryFool Wrote: One of the reasons I believe the chest is out there is that unlike other treasure hunts which have generally turned out to be likely hoaxes or unfairly solved is that F's life has been one big exception!

He got shot down twice in Vietnam but he escaped capture and likely torture and death.

He lacked formal education but became a successful business man and self made millionaire.

He got cancer with little chance of surviving yet he beat the odds.

He has defied death, the odds and ill fortune and came out trumps. Not many people can do that.

Does that make him an exceptional person?

Yes it does but the final chapter to his story is still missing. Will the chest be found by someone who solved it fairly?

I just can't see him throwing it all away with a BS chase or hoax. If it is really out there he will want it found at some point.

I agree.... Fenn is a straight shootin Texan! Just because we can't find IT, doesn't mean that its not there. I can't see any motives for him NOT to hide it. No one, or not one famous celebrity has even come out and said.. IT's NOT OUT THERE! I think they know that Fenn hid IT too! I am a bit surprised.. that no celebrities have come out in public and stated they are looking for it...

Especially Robert Redford...I could see him looking for it just because I think he probably loves Montana and Wyoming so much...
09-21-2015, 01:18 PM,
(09-21-2015, 01:07 PM)admin Wrote: Anyone who's been out searching can for sure understand why it hasn't been found. It would be so easy to pass it up. All it takes is a tall cliff edge with a rock in front for example.

He has assured us its not in a dangerous spot.

Remember the spot has to be big enough for his body too.

He also said he would throw himself upon the chest with his last breath and that's kind of difficult if its on the edge of a cliff unless he intends to go over with his chest Smile

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  New Mexico Searchers Can Rule This Area Out Mindy 20 6,738 03-11-2018, 12:17 PM
Last Post: Beavertooth
  Basic Ground rule violation 5GIRLS 16 5,734 08-06-2017, 01:09 PM
Last Post: 5GIRLS
  New Chasechat Rule #1... minotaur_moreno 34 13,488 04-25-2017, 08:02 PM
Last Post: Kpro
  Spanish Lessons and the rule of 2s JamLady 6 5,580 06-06-2016, 04:37 PM
Last Post: James Perotti
  Elevation: wordplay is the rule not the exception. 23kachinas 6 3,689 11-08-2015, 11:27 PM
Last Post: trigace
  Anyway - the rule of thumb stu 28 10,324 11-03-2013, 01:37 PM
Last Post: