Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
A few Predictions about how the chase will play out
09-27-2015, 09:04 AM,
A few Predictions about how the chase will play out
In an effort to inject a little sanity and common sense back into the proceedings, here are a few predictions about how the chase will likely play out, as I see things. Feel free to disagree, but be prepared to be disappointed because my predictions so far have tended to be quite accurate.

1. The treasure actually exists and is not a hoax.

2. Nobody here or at HOD or on any other Fenn blog is anywhere close to finding the treasure, (and Decall is most definitely not in the 200 foot club).

3. The chase isn't going to end anytime soon.

4. Forrest will not give out additional clues to force it to an end before he dies.

5. Someday, when the poem is finally solved, and the treasure is finally found, and the finder explains it all, the omegas will have played absolutely no part in the solution.

6. The treasure won't be hidden anywhere mentioned in TTOTC or TFTW.

7. The scrapbooks will play no part in the solution.

8. The elusive, alleged hints in TTOTC will only become plain after the treasure is found, and they won't be anything anyone has suggested to date, but they may be blindingly obvious in hindsight.

9. The treasure will likely be found by someone concentrating on the poem alone, who has not been unduly influenced by either the stories in TTOTC, or all the wildly wrong ideas, and bad information being tossed around on the blogs.

10. The solution will be head-slappingly obvious, and much simpler than most are expecting it to be.

11. Despite appearances and expectations, Forrest will not have given any useful hints, help or advantage to anyone, either in person or via email. The eventual finder is likely to be someone who has never met or extensively corresponded with him.

I would be very surprised if I am not shown in the long run to be somewhere between 80 and 100% correct on these predictions. So, I'm sorry for you if your solution depends on them being wrong.

mdavis19
09-27-2015, 09:30 AM,
RE: A few Predictions about how the chase will play out
I'd say you are at least 90% correct. The only point I might disagree with is the scrapbooks. There are probably some hints in there somewhere but it is impossible to say what they are until the poem is solved. Most likely, they are more subtle than people are thinling.
09-27-2015, 09:51 AM,
I question 7 but sounds good to me though!
09-27-2015, 09:52 AM,
Your right, Forrest just sits around telling stories, For his own amusement and to pass the time. What else does a multi millionaire have to do...
(YouTube Subscribe)
09-27-2015, 10:01 AM,
That's too funny! Just messing with you mdavis..
(YouTube Subscribe)
09-27-2015, 10:32 AM,
(09-27-2015, 09:04 AM)mdavis19 Wrote: In an effort to inject a little sanity and common sense back into the proceedings, here are a few predictions about how the chase will likely play out, as I see things. Feel free to disagree, but be prepared to be disappointed because my predictions so far have tended to be quite accurate.

1. The treasure actually exists and is not a hoax.

2. Nobody here or at HOD or on any other Fenn blog is anywhere close to finding the treasure, (and Decall is most definitely not in the 200 foot club).

3. The chase isn't going to end anytime soon.

4. Forrest will not give out additional clues to force it to an end before he dies.

5. Someday, when the poem is finally solved, and the treasure is finally found, and the finder explains it all, the omegas will have played absolutely no part in the solution.

6. The treasure won't be hidden anywhere mentioned in TTOTC or TFTW.

7. The scrapbooks will play no part in the solution.

8. The elusive, alleged hints in TTOTC will only become plain after the treasure is found, and they won't be anything anyone has suggested to date, but they may be blindingly obvious in hindsight.

9. The treasure will likely be found by someone concentrating on the poem alone, who has not been unduly influenced by either the stories in TTOTC, or all the wildly wrong ideas, and bad information being tossed around on the blogs.

10. The solution will be head-slappingly obvious, and much simpler than most are expecting it to be.

11. Despite appearances and expectations, Forrest will not have given any useful hints, help or advantage to anyone, either in person or via email. The eventual finder is likely to be someone who has never met or extensively corresponded with him.

I would be very surprised if I am not shown in the long run to be somewhere between 80 and 100% correct on these predictions. So, I'm sorry for you if your solution depends on them being wrong.

mdavis19
Just like a broken clock, you have 1 and 10 right.
Ω  200 ft. Club  Ω
09-27-2015, 10:40 AM,
(09-27-2015, 10:04 AM)Plasmalupus Wrote: If you would be so kind, please compile a list of your previous accurate predictions...

Oh gosh, where to begin?

I have said from the beginning that this is a marathon, not a sprint. 100% correct so far.

From year one on, every time people have said they were sure the chest will be found "this year" I have said they were wrong. 100% correct so far.

I have told every person who has said they were sure they had it all solved and were off to the mountains to collect the chest that they were wrong. 100% correct so far.

I have told every person who is obsessed with emailing their every solution-related thought to Forrest, or who is obsessed with hob-nobbing with him in hopes of getting a hint of some kind that they were wasting their time and effort. 100% correct so far.

During the recent new clue rumour mania around the time of Forrest's birthday I was the only naysayer discounting the idea that any new clues would be released. I was 100% correct.

I had said repeatedly that the people behind wwwh.com knew nothing more than anyone else, obsessively following and researching the changes on the site was a waste of time, and their silly countdown would end in no meaningful revelations. 100% correct.

I could probably go on all day, but hopefully you get the gist of it. Common sense rules in the chase. I have been the voice of common sense, and I have been right a lot.

mdavis19

(09-27-2015, 10:18 AM)crazyfamily Wrote: The Sage has spoken.

Can I get an Amen?

mdavis19
09-27-2015, 10:50 AM,
I don't know what all the fuss is about. The poem tells you where it's at. Just go get it!
(YouTube Subscribe)
09-27-2015, 11:01 AM,
(09-27-2015, 10:50 AM)illinoisghost Wrote: I don't know what all the fuss is about. The poem tells you where it's at. Just go get it!

How's that been working out for you?

mdavis19
09-27-2015, 11:02 AM,
(09-27-2015, 10:40 AM)mdavis19 Wrote:
(09-27-2015, 10:18 AM)crazyfamily Wrote: The Sage has spoken.

Can I get an Amen?

mdavis19

I like your style for you. You stick with it. I like the common sense you speak of. I wish you had more of it. And while I am wishing, I would wish it wasn't so dark and pessimistic inside your head... or maybe put that dismal outlook of yours to work counting beans somewhere... (I like something about you, just can't figure out what) Amen
Ω  200 ft. Club  Ω

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Mongo come out & play 5GIRLS 5 1,154 06-27-2019, 02:33 PM
Last Post: 5GIRLS
  Let us play Canasta knighterrant 8 2,947 01-21-2018, 09:42 PM
Last Post: Chmaanta
  Stay home and play Canasta...WTFBBQ? romeofoxtrot 11 4,649 07-25-2016, 05:39 PM
Last Post: romeofoxtrot
  Childs Play Hammertime 1 1,550 06-26-2016, 09:53 AM
Last Post: horsethief