Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What Will You Do With Your 15 Minutes Of Fame ?
08-14-2013, 07:17 AM,
If you find the chest,what will you do with your 15 minutes of fame ?

Well.it may only be 15 seconds of fame.

So what are you gonna do with your soapbox ?

I was thinking that the Palestinian plight should be properly put into perspective for the clueless.

And an exposure that Israel is the axis of evil and what their government does to the Palestinians is planned for the USA.

Or maybe I will just keep my treasures and watch the clueless stay clueless.

What would you do ?
08-14-2013, 08:03 AM,
REALLY!? I wouldn't bring Politics or religion into it. I'd just take the chest and go in "peace"
08-14-2013, 08:58 AM,

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from Seeker on August 14, 2013, 9:03 am</b>

REALLY!? I wouldn't bring Politics or religion into it. I'd just take the chest and go in "peace"
</div>
True peace will never be found thru ignorance.Ignorance is bliss,until evil sets their sites on you.The USA is and has been operating under ignorance since the inception of Israel.How do you like the idea of International Bankers creating wars solely for power and profit ?

Kinda puts things in a different perspective now doesn't it.

Well Israel is a base of military operations for the International Bankers whom have highjacked the world.Complete with 300 or so nuclear missiles.Iraq was invaded because Sadam Hussein refused to sell his oil for Federal Reserve Notes.By doing that the International Bankers are not needed to exchange the monies in the transactions.Iran has threatened to do the same.

So do you think USA citizens lives should be put at risk because London City is not gonna get their ATM fees from Iran ?

08-14-2013, 10:21 AM,
if I find it I wont have any length of fame cause my lips will be sealed
******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
08-14-2013, 10:22 AM,
When I get my chance to stand in front of the microphone, I will tell everyone to just ignore the paranoid rantings of that VG-knowitall-Phantom person. That will be doing my bit to make the world a better place.

mdavis19
08-14-2013, 10:34 AM,

<b>Quote from pidmt on August 14, 2013, 11:21 am</b>

</div>

I thought about going under the radar if I find the treasure. The problem is, after doing a realistic evaluation of the true value of the treasure, I realized that was the wrong way to go. See my thread on the true current value of the treasure.

http://www.chasechat.com/chat/?minglefor...opic&t=313

The only part of the treasure that has any intrinsic value is the gold coins and nuggets. That value varies depending on the price of gold at the time you find it. It would be around $350,000 today. Everything else in the chest, and the chest itself only have any real value by being associated with Forrest Fenn and the treasure hunt. Selling them at a well publicized public auction is probably the only way to extract their maximum cash value. By staying under the radar you would be throwing away close to half the value of the treasure.

mdavis19
08-14-2013, 11:20 AM,

<b>Quote from mdavis19 on August 14, 2013, 11:34 am</b>
<div class="bbcode_quote">
<b>Quote from pidmt on August 14, 2013, 11:21 am</b>

</div>

I thought about going under the radar if I find the treasure. The problem is, after doing a realistic evaluation of the true value of the treasure, I realized that was the wrong way to go. See my thread on the true current value of the treasure.

http://www.chasechat.com/chat/?minglefor...opic&t=313

The only part of the treasure that has any intrinsic value is the gold coins and nuggets. That value varies depending on the price of gold at the time you find it. It would be around $350,000 today. Everything else in the chest, and the chest itself only have any real value by being associated with Forrest Fenn and the treasure hunt. Selling them at a well publicized public auction is probably the only way to extract their maximum cash value. By staying under the radar you would be throwing away close to half the value of the treasure.

mdavis19</div>
</div>

I think the most valuable item is probably the autobiography in the olive jar

So to a collector the whole chest and the contents could go for over 1 million as a whole collection but just guessing but I would keep the autobiographer and have it published and donate part of the proceeds and of course the bracelet goes back to F.
08-14-2013, 11:27 AM,

<b>Quote from Tim Nobody on August 14, 2013, 12:20 pm</b>

I think the most valuable item is probably the autobiography in the olive jar

So to a collector the whole chest and the contents could go for over 1 million as a whole collection but just guessing but I would keep the autobiographer and have it published and donate part of the proceeds and of course the bracelet goes back to F.
</div>

You are probably right about that. I probably under-valued the autobiography in my earlier calculation. How much it is really worth will depend on just how much dirt Forrest dishes in it, and how well he covers the missing decades of his life.

mdavis19
08-14-2013, 11:29 AM,
mdavis

I can understand the view about the auction. Here's a thought sell over time, unless you want to get it all at once. There are plenty of collectors that would buy even with out the story line behind it. Question, when you say "gold" are you referring to Just gold or gold coins included. I know there's two pacers weight 2 lbs. each and 100s of small pacers lets say adding to 1 lb. if so that's 5 lb. I don't know what the price of gold is now.( have to find it 1st) lets say 500 $ troy ounce approx. $40,000. So are you counting just gold, and if so it would be 4,000 and once or the treasure total?
08-14-2013, 11:33 AM,
youre right about the value of it , it would be nice to find someone that had the money and pay more than its worth just for the sake of them saying they bought forest fenns gold, just like fenn knew he paid to much for the chest,maybe theres a few out there ,that would be nice,but maybe a dream also
******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************