Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
I went on my first search today
08-20-2013, 10:58 PM,

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from tomwhat on August 20, 2013, 11:58 pm</b>

And I couldn't get to my spot!
</div>

Ouch! That happens. The first place I searched for Forrest's treasure turned out to be far more difficult to access than it looked on Google Earth. I finally gave up on it because I figured there was no way an old man carrying a heavy load could get in.

I'm going to be searching another area on my next vacation. I am a little worried that the access is going to be difficult or maybe even impossible there too. It looks doable enough on the map, but after my first experience I know it could look a lot different on the ground.

mdavis19
08-21-2013, 08:37 AM,

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from tomwhat on August 20, 2013, 11:58 pm</b>

And I couldn't get to my spot!
</div>

Ouch! That happens. The first place I searched for Forrest's treasure turned out to be far more difficult to access than it looked on Google Earth. I finally gave up on it because I figured there was no way an old man carrying a heavy load could get in.

I'm going to be searching another area on my next vacation. I am a little worried that the access is going to be difficult or maybe even impossible there too. It looks doable enough on the map, but after my first experience I know it could look a lot different on the ground.

mdavis19
08-21-2013, 02:12 PM,
Tomwhat,

I have thought that I had the spot several times. Half of the time accessibility has not been an option. It really is quite an eye opener getting out from behind the computer and visiting what ff had intended. This is why many of his quotes (when he walked back to his car, for example) become very important. Knowing that an old man walked up to the spot and back really eliminates a lot of potential "spots". Keeping this in mind, good luck on the next search. It's good fun, eh?
08-21-2013, 11:47 PM,
Congrats on getting boots on the ground!