Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Will you KNOW for sure??
11-06-2015, 04:46 PM,
Question  Will you KNOW for sure??
** "When I write, I can say anything I want to, because I don’t have any rules.”

"I took it out and put it in a secret, dear place, private, and I walked back to my car smiling; It's a very special place to me, otherwise I would not have done it, I couldn't just take it out and bury it in the ground some place I didn't know where I was, I think that was a crucial part of it; If a person will 'think' they can find the chest, .....but the secret is to think and analyze, .....they can find the chest. <<You just can't get out of your car and walk over into the woods and walk to it.>>" -- The Thrill Resource Page/Old Santa Fe Trading Co; HDNet Story by Jennifer London/10:35 mark.
---------------------
Do expect that people will somehow *know* for sure once they have found the first clue?

"No, many people have found the first clue but they didn’t know it. Until someone finds the treasure they will not know for sure that they have discovered the first clue."

Or they might have found it without realizing it?

"Yes"
--------------------
On 8/12/2014 Forrest answered a question about ‘where warm waters halt in ‘Featured Questions: Warm Waters and Geography’. He said, “There are a few words in the poem that are not useful in finding the treasure Phil, but it is risky to discount any of them. You over simplify the clues. There are many places in the Rocky Mountains where warm waters halt, and nearly all of them are north of Santa Fe. Look at the big picture, <<there are no short cuts>>. f”
--------------------
Inside TTOTC dust cover:

"All that will be needed are the clues, some resolve, a little imagination, and maybe a six-pack to help celebrate the thrill of a breathtaking discovery. <<Anyone can get LUCKY>>. But it takes mettle enough to strike the trail, and enough (confidence) in a maverick to (know) that the treasure is really there for the taking."

He didn't say "confidence" in your solve would = "knowing" -- just confidence in HIM. We all know there are varying degrees of confidence, otherwise we wouldn't even go look, but it doesn't take too much to do that, now does it? But UNTIL the chest is FOUND, everything is just a guess!! Sure, someone could eventually walk perhaps "straight" to it in a loose sense of the word, but doesn't that just go without saying, especially in Fennspeak? His idea and our idea of "walking right to it" and having "confidence" may be two entirely different things. I mean, coming up with a theory of where it is located and continually putting it to the test -- and if it ever turns out to be true and you do eventually "walk right to it", .....and even though it required a whole hell of a lot of searching and researching and combing an area, .....you DID "walk to it" didn't you? ......and surely in a Fennspeak sort of the way you did.

If I'm out searching this weekend and after two hours I've come up short, but then as I'm walking up a little draw in the woods I see something that fits the clues and I "walk" over to it and it turns out to lead me to the chest, then yes, .....I walked right to it!! I just didn't do it in a sense that one would say perhaps I should have, .....but I did, didn't I? Smile
---------------------
“The person who finds the treasure will have studied the poem over and over, and thought, and analyzed and moved with confidence. Nothing about it will be accidental”.

Of course it won't be accidental!! Or will it? What did he say above about finding a clue and not realizing it? -- "Yes". .....But I think I know what he means........ It's not "accidental" because you're a SEARCHER and your you're looking for it regardless. Anyone whose not a searcher isn't going to find it. So whether you "walk straight to it" or have to really grid out an area and cover it thoroughly, .....it won't be accidental, your still still searching for it with some degree of confidence.

"If a person reads the poem over and over…and are able to decipher the first few clues in the poem, they can find the treasure chest. <<It may not be easy>>, but it certainly isn’t impossible. I could go right <<straight>> to it.”; “When I wrote that poem, I wasn’t playing any games. It’s straightforward.” ff -- Collected Works Bookstore/10-22-13.

Straight and straightforward in his mind, but we will have to search for it. Doesn't mean one person may not more or less go "directly" to it vs another, but I gather it will take some searching for it even once your in the correct spot.
---------------------
"So many people have decided they’re going to take a picnic lunch out on Sunday and look for the treasure…or something to do over spring break. I’m lookin’ at a hundred years down the road…a thousand years, maybe ten thousand years down the road." ; "Nobody is going to happen on that treasure chest. You’re gonna have to figure out the clues in the poem and go to it.”

1st part) Yeah, and why not? Why couldn't someone who figured it out, say, go out on a picnic on a Sunday or Spring Break and go retrieve it? What's it matter? Again, I think here again, he is just saying it will be difficult and is going to take some searching for it, even if you do THINK you have the correct solution.

2nd part) Still goes along with the first part. "go to it" -- can still mean the same. He has NEVER said WE would go EXACTLY to the chest, only that HE could.

---------------------

By looking at EVERYTHING he has said and NOT just what you want to pick and choose, clarifies this. One thing CAN sometimes contradict another in a person's statements at times, it's just human nature, but if it DID NOT in HIS case, .....then what are we to believe?? If it didn't, then it must make sense. So what makes sense?

"Until someone finds the treasure they will not know for sure that they have discovered the first clue."

And that applies to EVERYTHING else for that matter. IMO

Can it be figured out from home? Sure!! Why not. But you won't "know" it. And that still doesn't change the fact that you're going to have to go search for it, .....and require probably a lot of looking. But wasn't that the THEME to begin with?? Smile

Sometimes, I think some people are waiting for angel to appear to them in a dream, dressed like Fenn, but with wings. .....handing them the "keys" or "word that is key" so that they can wake up the next morning and with a complete solve and with 100% confidence and without any hesitation, .....they will go EXACTLY to where the chest sits surrounded by trees..........

But that's not reality. Reality is that it's going to take a lot of research/"thinking", planning and analyzing and putting theories to the test and maybe, just maybe, .....one might get LUCKY. And it doesn't have to be a sheer gamble in that sense of the word, but more, .....Preparation meets opportunity. You have to put yourself out there or at least figure out a way to do that. There's a reason why some have been close and it hasn't been found yet.........

"But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be the shepherd." - Jules Winnfield
11-06-2015, 06:18 PM,
RE: Will you KNOW for sure??
I don't believe F wants the chest found at all in his lifetime. He wrote that the clues must be followed precisely in order to find the chest. The search area is too massive for precision. Just saying...
11-06-2015, 06:31 PM,
(11-06-2015, 06:22 PM)admin Wrote: If you knew hoB you'd go right to it...4 clues have been solved....so that means the 4 clues are prior to hoB....right?

Only if HoB is a clue. But have the 1st 4 clues been solved or just 4 in general?
11-06-2015, 07:18 PM,
Nora I usually don't read anything long cause of a short attention span I have. If I can't see a ending to the story or a point right off the back my mind shuts it out right away. Reading your story brings up strong bullet points that kept me going to the end. Forrest states a lot of things that people think are misleading but it just don't make sense cause we don't know the facts. He probably wants it found that's what I believe cause why the extra information he gives out if you believe there are clues or hints in his story. Slow down MDavis it's just a opinion buddy Smile

Forrest knows where the chest is and how it's hidden for 15 plus years so the clues should be easy to him but to the average person that has never been there it's a mystery for us. That's why I believe he made the poem straight forward and nothing else is needed. No I'm not a poem purest cause I believe the TTOTC is a dictionary for the poem. Forrest said that he was borning 100 years to early or was it late? Oh well, back to a nice cold Bud Light and some hot wings!
11-06-2015, 08:03 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-06-2015, 08:07 PM by Project Why.)
(11-06-2015, 05:42 PM)locolobo Wrote: LOL!! Smile

You provided--<<You just can't get out of your car and walk over into the woods and walk to it.>>" -- The Thrill Resource Page/Old Santa Fe Trading Co; HDNet Story by Jennifer London/10:35 mark.

At about 10:47 she asks, "Who's Brown"......FF replies, "if I told you that you'd go right to the chest"!

right to the chest/ exactly.....semantics
http://lummifilm.com/forrest/ffatcw20130926.mp3

36:15- clues take straight to the chest...

straight to the chest/exactly.....semantics

AND:

Forrest provides text regarding the treasure on the back of the fold-out map in TFTW:
......."A dare went out to everyone who possessed a sense of wanderlust; study the clues in the book and thread a tract through the wiles of nature and circumstance to the treasure. If you can find it, you can have it. I warned that the path would not be direct for those who had no certainty of the location beforehand, but sure for the one who did."

"I warned that the path would not be direct for those who had no certainty of the location beforehand, but sure for the one who did."……….... ....the path will be direct for you if you are certain of the location,beforehand.- - - How can this be read any other way???

There are a couple more but I'm being lazy, I hear my recliner calling me! Smile

Nora dearest, if it will allow you sleep better tonight, I will tell you you are correct and I will quit searching???........(LOL!! NOT, but I will tell you that)

still luving you sweetie.............Peeeaaace

Loco, .....still luuuvin' you too you ol' coyote!! Smile

You said:

"At about 10:47 she asks, "Who's Brown"......FF replies, "if I told you that you'd go right to the chest"!

He just meant the general area. That or it was just a smart ass Texas response of Fennspeak. I mean, s***!! You should know that as good as anyone!! Smile And it still doesn't back up his main theme and what he said in some statements of the past and what he said recently. .....So what does? All of it! When all of his statements are put together, .....it points towards some real physical effort and some freaking luck!!

You said:

Forrest provides text regarding the treasure on the back of the fold-out map in TFTW:
......."A dare went out to everyone who possessed a sense of wanderlust; study the clues in the book and thread a tract through the wiles of nature and circumstance to the treasure. If you can find it, you can have it. I warned that the path would not be direct for those who had no certainty of the location beforehand, but sure for the one who did."

My response to that is: Yeah, no shit!! It kinda goes without saying doesn't it!! It goes with "confidence". "Direct"? Again, goes without saying and of freakin' course you'll go directly to it if you have the correct solve and put it to use, .....in a round about way. You're still going to have to look for it. And that may take some time. Doesn't mean you're not "certain" though. If you weren't, you wouldn't be there!! Would you? "Direct" in Fenn language, as we all know, is relative.

So tell me big shot?? You see it one way and I see it another. But it's obvious the only one with blinders on is YOU, .....why? Because you have no other choice. ME -- I can do it either way, .....so I am unbiased. And because of that, .....my way will always make more sense. Just the way it is Kemosabe. Doesn't mean you can't search for it and find it though. It just means you're going to need some help. Don't take it personal. And don't ever quit!! I'm not here to be right, .....I'm just here to tell it like it is. Smile

Now pass the Corona. For - - - how can this be read any other way??

(11-06-2015, 06:22 PM)admin Wrote: If you knew hoB you'd go right to it...4 clues have been solved....so that means the 4 clues are prior to hoB....right?

Someone obviously told him the hoB and so he said what he said and left it questionable?? Because he doesn't "know" if they solved the first 3. Smile

"But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be the shepherd." - Jules Winnfield
11-06-2015, 08:11 PM,
(11-06-2015, 08:03 PM)Project Why Wrote:
(11-06-2015, 05:42 PM)locolobo Wrote: LOL!! Smile

You provided--<<You just can't get out of your car and walk over into the woods and walk to it.>>" -- The Thrill Resource Page/Old Santa Fe Trading Co; HDNet Story by Jennifer London/10:35 mark.

At about 10:47 she asks, "Who's Brown"......FF replies, "if I told you that you'd go right to the chest"!

right to the chest/ exactly.....semantics
http://lummifilm.com/forrest/ffatcw20130926.mp3

36:15- clues take straight to the chest...

straight to the chest/exactly.....semantics

AND:

"I warned that the path would not be direct for those who had no certainty of the location beforehand, but sure for the one who did."……….... ....the path will be direct for you if you are certain of the location,beforehand.- - - How can this be read any other way???

There are a couple more but I'm being lazy, I hear my recliner calling me! Smile

Nora dearest, if it will allow you sleep better tonight, I will tell you you are correct and I will quit searching???........(LOL!! NOT, but I will tell you that)

still luving you sweetie.............Peeeaaace

Loco, .....still luuuvin' you too you ol' coyote!! Smile

You said:

"At about 10:47 she asks, "Who's Brown"......FF replies, "if I told you that you'd go right to the chest"!

He just meant the general area. That or it was just a smart ass Texas response of Fennspeak. I mean, s***!! You should know that as good as anyone!! Smile And it still doesn't back up his main theme and what he said in some statements of the past and what he said recently. .....So what does? All of it! When all of his statements are put together, .....it points towards some real physical effort and some freaking luck!!

You said:

My response to that is: Yeah, no shit!! It kinda goes without saying doesn't it!! It goes with "confidence". "Direct"? Again, goes without saying and of freakin' course you'll go directly to it if you have the correct solve and put it to use, .....in a round about way. You're still going to have to look for it. And that may take some time. Doesn't mean you're not "certain" though. If you weren't, you wouldn't be there!! Would you? "Direct" in Fenn language, as we all know, is relative.

So tell me big shot?? You see it one way and I see it another. But it's obvious the only one with blinders on is YOU, .....why? Because you have no other choice. ME -- I can do it either way, .....so I am unbiased. And because of that, .....my way will always make more sense. Just the way it is Kemosabe. Doesn't mean you can't search for it and find it though. It just means you're going to need some help. Don't take it personal. And don't ever quit!! I'm not here to be right, .....I'm just here to tell it like it is. Smile

Now pass the Corona. For - - - how can this be read any other way??

The only way you can be confident is if you found the blaze and was wise enough to know that its his (beyond a reasonable doubt). Its the only part of the poem that gives any kind of marker and without it you will be lost. I don't see anything else there that could provide any degree of confidence beyond confirmation bias

I don't know what the blaze is but its the only chance you have to find the chest IMHO. Regardless of whether he wants it found now or 10,000 years from now, we do know he wants it found at some point so the blaze has to be reasonable, clear and visible.

"Let me tell you something else. I've seen a lot of spinals solves, Dude, and this guy is a fake. A ****ing goldbricker." -Walter Sobchack
11-06-2015, 08:12 PM,
(11-06-2015, 07:18 PM)will197532 Wrote: Nora I usually don't read anything long cause of a short attention span I have. If I can't see a ending to the story or a point right off the back my mind shuts it out right away. Reading your story brings up strong bullet points that kept me going to the end. Forrest states a lot of things that people think are misleading but it just don't make sense cause we don't know the facts. He probably wants it found that's what I believe cause why the extra information he gives out if you believe there are clues or hints in his story. Slow down MDavis it's just a opinion buddy Smile

Forrest knows where the chest is and how it's hidden for 15 plus years so the clues should be easy to him but to the average person that has never been there it's a mystery for us. That's why I believe he made the poem straight forward and nothing else is needed. No I'm not a poem purest cause I believe the TTOTC is a dictionary for the poem. Forrest said that he was borning 100 years to early or was it late? Oh well, back to a nice cold Bud Light and some hot wings!

All you need is the poem and the "right" map Will. Gotta "know" where you are going, don't you?? Smile TTOTC could possibly help, but it's too unreliable.

11-06-2015, 08:12 PM,
(11-06-2015, 06:18 PM)njfl Wrote: I don't believe F wants the chest found at all in his lifetime. He wrote that the clues must be followed precisely in order to find the chest. The search area is too massive for precision. Just saying...

I Concur......
11-06-2015, 08:22 PM,
Will you KNOW for sure??
Nora it's simple! Smile you start at point A the make a right to point B so you can C your ass getting the chest Smile
11-06-2015, 08:24 PM,
(11-06-2015, 08:12 PM)glock20 Wrote:
(11-06-2015, 06:18 PM)njfl Wrote: I don't believe F wants the chest found at all in his lifetime. He wrote that the clues must be followed precisely in order to find the chest. The search area is too massive for precision. Just saying...

I Concur......

Well, his "lifetime" is running out, so does that mean it is possible? But if you don't believe it is, .....then why are you here?