Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
What does the poems solution look like?
08-26-2013, 08:03 PM,
Forgive me if this has been discussed ad nauseum, but I was wondering what some of the more generally accepted solutions to the poem look like. For example, if you solve the poem, are you going to be left with:

1. A real, physical, geographic landmark or other unmistakable feature to which you can travel,

2. A set of GPS coordinates,

3. A set of instructions (take exit 123 at YS, turn left, go 20 paces, look down and ta-da!),

4. Another riddle (one more thing to “solve”), or

5. A combination of 1-4?

The reason I ask is because I’ve come to the end of the poem and am left with a solution that requires a bit more thought and I wasn’t certain if that was something Forrest would do. My solution (in it’s current state) isn’t a location, but appears to be more of a Jeopardy answer waiting for a question...

In case you’re curious, my approach to solving the poem is not looking at a map, using Google until 3 am or endlessly staring at the illustrations in Forrest’s memoir, but simply following the instructions laid out by the words in the poem. I also employ the use of numbers, but will reserve that explanation for those who sincerely want to know more (not just criticize, or simply dismiss my method).

08-26-2013, 08:20 PM,
I'll take "where is the chest for 1 million" Alex.
08-26-2013, 08:24 PM,

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from SidnCharley on August 26, 2013, 9:03 pm</b>

Forgive me if this has been discussed ad nauseum, but I was wondering what some of the more generally accepted solutions to the poem look like. For example, if you solve the poem, are you going to be left with:

1. A real, physical, geographic landmark or other unmistakable feature to which you can travel,

2. A set of GPS coordinates,

3. A set of instructions (take exit 123 at YS, turn left, go 20 paces, look down and ta-da!),

4. Another riddle (one more thing to “solve”), or

5. A combination of 1-4?

The reason I ask is because I’ve come to the end of the poem and am left with a solution that requires a bit more thought and I wasn’t certain if that was something Forrest would do. My solution (in it’s current state) isn’t a location, but appears to be more of a Jeopardy answer waiting for a question...

In case you’re curious, my approach to solving the poem is not looking at a map, using Google until 3 am or endlessly staring at the illustrations in Forrest’s memoir, but simply following the instructions laid out by the words in the poem. I also employ the use of numbers, but will reserve that explanation for those who sincerely want to know more (not just criticize, or simply dismiss my method).
</div>

It's a very interesting question SidnCharley! A Jeopardy question? IF you are as fart a smeller as I think you are you should be able to contact me offline in which case I'll discuss it with you ad nauseum! Are you coming here? Can I call you "Sid" for short? The answer is that if you solve the poem you're going to be left with a chest full of gold and whatnot or else pissed off cause there's nuttin' dere. But here's what I think. I think a set of GPS coordinates is out of the question. A set of instructions to follow makes no sense at all. (You're a smart eloquent guy. Explain why a set of instructions to follow doesn't make any sense!) I really hope it isn't one more riddle to solve!
08-26-2013, 08:24 PM,

<b>Quote from Seeker on August 26, 2013, 9:20 pm</b>

I'll take "where is the chest for 1 million" Alex.
</div>

Ha, Awesome! Wouldn't we all?? But it alludes more to a person, not location. Hence, my trepidation.
08-26-2013, 08:28 PM,
I gotta say SidnCharley (and I mean this in the nicest possible way) You sound like a freaking JackAssScientist (or worse yet, a mathematician) "! I was wondering what some of the more generally accepted solutions to the poem look like."

HA HA HA HA HA WTF??? There's only one true solution and it will never be generally accepted and no one knows what it looks like! HOOOOOO eeeeeee! (edited to correct typos sorry Charley)

08-26-2013, 08:30 PM,
If I'm right, YOU found home of brown. now the real question IS what will you do with it?

08-26-2013, 08:33 PM,

<b>Quote from John Brown on August 26, 2013, 9:24 pm</b>

A set of instructions to follow makes no sense at all. (You're a smart eloquent guy. Explain why a set of instructions to follow doesn't make any sense!) I really hope it isn't one more riddle to solve!
</div>

Well, on the surface, a new set of instructions to follow wouldn't make sense because the poem itself is a set of instructions. But, the poem's instructions are vague and (perhaps) cryptic. I was suggesting (or hoping) the new instructions would be unambiguous, easy to follow (easy enough for a child) and immediately meaningful.
08-26-2013, 08:37 PM,

<b>Quote from Seeker on August 26, 2013, 9:30 pm</b>

If I'm right, YOU found home of brown. now the real question IS what will you do with it?
</div>

Unfortunately, I haven't "found" anything. Just in the same boat as everyone else...taking different approaches to solve the clues.
08-26-2013, 08:38 PM,
Hi SidnCharle, I'm for #1, The physical landmark. How can the chest possibly found without one.
08-26-2013, 08:42 PM,

<b>Quote from James Perotti on August 26, 2013, 9:38 pm</b>

Hi SidnCharle, I'm for #1, The physical landmark. How can the chest possibly found without one.
</div>

I think that's a good, logical assumption. If, however, there were some way to GPS coordinates, it may be a more unambiguous solution.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  This look like a HoB to you guys? Thinking of going boots on the ground. total1ty 4 3,236 02-09-2020, 07:00 AM
Last Post: easternOHsteve
  What does my maze look like. mikemarcum878 0 869 07-06-2018, 11:28 AM
Last Post: mikemarcum878
  Fenn's Quoted Poems and ttotc drawings geminicesdesigns 15 8,616 06-25-2018, 08:36 PM
Last Post: Sakar
  Poems in the book geydelkon 0 1,118 09-23-2017, 11:09 PM
Last Post: geydelkon
  Does anyone pick up on hints like I do?? Gordon Lightfoot 53 36,980 01-03-2017, 09:37 PM
Last Post: old drum
  Does your solution spell out how the chest is hidden?... GoneAlone 0 1,764 07-27-2016, 06:25 PM
Last Post: GoneAlone