Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Notes from a Trip; a Non-Trail Report from "Look Quickly Down"
08-29-2013, 01:33 PM,
Glad you enjoyed your Yellowstone vacation Wink. On #2, bring a power strip so you can recharge multiple devices at once.
08-29-2013, 02:22 PM,
Glad you enjoyed your Yellowstone vacation Wink. On #2, bring a power strip so you can recharge multiple devices at once.
08-29-2013, 05:10 PM,
--Tomwhat

Been there done that! On #1 check everything and anything! On #2 bring 3 chargers, one for you, one for wife, and one the kids to fight over. On #3... that a givin'. On #4 give the wife and kids thier own time while you go out early for your quest. Not an a-hole. Just convince them that you are only giving them a short vacation from you while they are on thier vacation. Win - Win. On #5 and #6... Nuff said... I can't improve on that!
08-30-2013, 04:53 AM,

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from timberwolf on August 29, 2013, 6:10 pm</b>

--Tomwhat

Been there done that! On #1 check everything and anything! On #2 bring 3 chargers, one for you, one for wife, and one the kids to fight over. On #3... that a givin'. On #4 give the wife and kids thier own time while you go out early for your quest. Not an a-hole. Just convince them that you are only giving them a short vacation from you while they are on thier vacation. Win - Win. On #5 and #6... Nuff said... I can't improve on that!
</div>

Timberwolf is right about #4. I am an early riser, even on vacation. Too many years of having to be at work by 5:30 am. My GF doesn't normally have to be to work before 9:30 am, and likes to sleep in late on days she doesn't have to work. When we vacation together I get up early and have a few hours to do my own thing before meeting up with her for brunch and spending the rest of the day together. It's a good system that keeps us both happy. Next time, try hitting the trail alone at the crack of dawn and let the wife and kids sleep. Come back in time for brunch. And definitely bring another charger.

mdavis19
08-30-2013, 06:50 AM,
tomwhat ,sorry about your trip, but if you did not go you would be forever be thinking was it, is it and so on ,better luck next time
******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
08-30-2013, 06:51 AM,
tomwhat ,sorry about your trip, but if you did not go you would forever be thinking was it, is it and so on ,better luck next time
******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
08-30-2013, 11:30 AM,
pidmt, nothing to be sorry about, it was a great trip. It had been in planning for four months, I was dieing to get out there. It was everything I wanted it to be and more.

mdavis, the prob was that we only had the one car and I needed to drive to the trailheads. They were each a 30-40 minute drive from our cabin. When we go back next year, I may buy a little gas scooter so I can go on my own. Even if it takes me an extra hour to get to the trail that would still be two hours earlier..
08-30-2013, 01:48 PM,
I'm easy. Sandra can search all she wants as long as she picks someplace scenic so I can take lots of pictures. If she asks sweetly, I may even carry the WW-II style trench shovel for her. Actually, I added a couple of days to an already-planned trip just for the Chase.
08-30-2013, 04:21 PM,
RV? I've run the numbers many times and concluded we're better off in motels. Use a Holiday Inn credit card and get about half our nights free. That makes sure we have wi-fi so I can update our travel blog (and incidentally, enjoy A/C and a good shower).

Those old trench shovels are sturdy. All I have to do is find that "tool, entrenching, U.S." somewhere in the maze, aka our basement. Who knows what other treasures we might find down there.
08-30-2013, 06:27 PM,
We could fit you in the SUV if you could make it to Missouri. However, our trip is designed to fit a bit of searching around a lot of sightseeing, photography, and "green." Now, if we had a "spot"....

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  "If Youve Been Wise" - Trail Report w/ Pics tomwhat 0 1,319 08-30-2013, 10:40 PM
Last Post: tomwhat