Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Southwest Tator Tot Casserole
11-20-2015, 10:55 PM,
Smile  Southwest Tator Tot Casserole
Anyone have a holiday party or potluck? Make this dish to fuel your treasure hunting conversations at work.

INGREDIENTS

Taco seasoning
Diced chilis/jalapeños, to taste
1 medium sweet Texas 1015 onion, finely chopped (about 2 cups)
1 pound 80-percent lean ground beef (or turkey)
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 cups frozen cut green beans, thawed (8 ounces)
1 3/4 cups frozen corn kernels, thawed (8 ounces)
Two 10-ounce cans cream of mushroom soup (low sodium)
1 pound frozen shredded potato nuggets

DIRECTIONS

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.

Add the oil to a skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and cook until soft and beginning to brown, about 15 minutes. Add the beef to the onions and cook until the meat is brown, stirring and scraping the bottom of the skillet to release the yummy brown bits, about 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.

Transfer the beef and onion mixture from the skillet into a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Scatter the green beans and corn evenly on top. Spread the cream of mushroom soup over top and top with frozen potato nuggets. Bake uncovered for 1 hour; the potato nuggets should be golden brown. Serve.
11-20-2015, 11:11 PM,
RE: Southwest Tator Tot Casserole
(11-20-2015, 10:55 PM)23kachinas Wrote: Anyone have a holiday party or potluck? Make this dish to fuel your treasure hunting conversations at work.

INGREDIENTS

Taco seasoning
Diced chilis/jalapeños, to taste
1/4 cup EVO
1 medium yellow onion, finely chopped (about 2 cups)
1 pound 80-percent lean ground beef (or turkey)
Salt and freshly ground black pepper
2 cups frozen cut green beans, thawed (8 ounces)
1 3/4 cups frozen corn kernels, thawed (8 ounces)
Two 10-ounce cans cream of mushroom soup (low sodium)
1 pound frozen shredded potato nuggets

DIRECTIONS

Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.

Add the oil to a skillet over medium heat. Add the onions and cook until soft and beginning to brown, about 15 minutes. Add the beef to the onions and cook until the meat is brown, stirring and scraping the bottom of the skillet to release the yummy brown bits, about 10 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.

Transfer the beef and onion mixture from the skillet into a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Scatter the green beans and corn evenly on top. Spread the cream of mushroom soup over top and top with frozen potato nuggets. Bake uncovered for 1 hour; the potato nuggets should be golden brown. Serve.

Aye caramba, it's 9 o'clock at night. Do you know where my appetite is???
Ha, I replied so you can't delete it, just in case.
11-21-2015, 09:51 AM,
Thanks 23,

I need all the help I can get with preparing holiday food other people will actually enjoy. My taste buds have Asperger's too. They tend toward chicken and Cheetos sandwiches, ice cream with frosting on it, and Mac n cheese cooked five minutes less than the box says, and served only in a plastic bowl. Lol.
Mindy's YouTube Channel and blog:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMAnEYj...UN1I6me_0g

http://www.myeverwonderland.blogspot.com
11-21-2015, 09:58 AM,
(11-21-2015, 09:51 AM)Mindy Wrote: Thanks 23,

I need all the help I can get with preparing holiday food other people will actually enjoy. My taste buds have Asperger's too. They tend toward chicken and Cheetos sandwiches, ice cream with frosting on it, and Mac n cheese cooked five minutes less than the box says, and served only in a plastic bowl. Lol.

Mindy - it's so easy to make. I'm surprised what people survive on Smile
11-21-2015, 10:06 AM,
That's another benefit of this dish--easy. I don't know how people can cook elaborate 5,000 step dishes. I start getting bored halfway through and start dumping stuff in...the results are always very very bad. Lol.
Mindy's YouTube Channel and blog:

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMAnEYj...UN1I6me_0g

http://www.myeverwonderland.blogspot.com
11-21-2015, 12:40 PM,
We sometimes make breakfast burritos using tater tots or something like them. It cuts way down on the preparation time compared to boiling and then frying the potatoes and it tastes just as good!
11-21-2015, 10:33 PM,
(11-21-2015, 12:40 PM)John Brown Wrote: We sometimes make breakfast burritos using tater tots or something like them. It cuts way down on the preparation time compared to boiling and then frying the potatoes and it tastes just as good!

This recipe goes well with Shocktop Belgian White BTW.
11-22-2015, 01:57 AM,
You had me until you said mushroom soup.lol I don't do mushroom soup.haha haha sorry just a personal problem. Mindy honey, if I couldn't cook I might look like you.LOL It has its trade offs.
Shhh they aren't listening.
11-22-2015, 04:16 AM,
I will try it. Sounds good.

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  SOUTHwest of Toledo Jbrewski 3 1,429 06-05-2018, 11:41 PM
Last Post: crazyfamily
  At least 300 miles southwest of Toledo ThrillChaser 19 13,590 04-11-2016, 11:07 PM
Last Post: DeeepThnkr