Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scrapbook 62: To cipher or not to cipher?
11-29-2015, 03:00 PM,
A link to the original:

http://dalneitzel.com/2014/04/26/scrapbook-sixty-two/

Some searchers overrate the complexity of the search. Knowing about head pressures, foot pounds, acre feet, bible verses, Latin, cubic inches, icons, fonts, charts, graphs, formulas, curved lines, magnetic variation, codes, depth meters, riddles, drones or ciphers, will not assist anyone to the treasure location, although those things have been offered as positive solutions. Excellent research materials are TTOTC, Google Earth, and/or a good map.f
"Is an anagram a code? Since we can't have codes or ciphers?"

WHAM!

The jaws of the trap closed, and you never felt it sting.

Good afternoon on the Sunday after Thanksgiving in the Bayou State of Louisiana! Time to make some forward progress. Be aware you're up against a criminal mastermind, and be on your guard accordingly.

Look again at what he said:

1. Head pressures
2. Foot pounds
3. Acre Feet
4. Bible verses
5. Latin
6. Cubic inches
7. Icons
8. Fonts
9. Charts
10. Graphs
11. Formulas
12. Curved Lines
13. Magnetic variation
14. Codes
15. Depth meters
16. Riddles
17. Drones
18. Ciphers

If these '18 are NOT RIGHT', then what are they?

Be not deceived. We have a wild ride and many fun times ahead before this hunt is said and done.

And this particular scrapbook clue is a doozie.

The scrapbook entry is indicative of the puzzle as a whole, and I'm going to spend some time on it.

Take a stab and try to answer the question, please. You took it at face value and fell into a trap. Put on your puzzle hats and try again.

Doc
11-29-2015, 11:50 PM,
RE: Scrapbook 62: To cipher or not to cipher?
"...will not assist anyone to the treasure location, although those things have been offered as positive solutions."
Read this. Comprehend. Think. What assists you to your location. Your feet. Your car. A plane. A train. A boat. Not any of the 18 on the list. Although...
they have been offered as POSITIVE solutions.
11-30-2015, 03:28 AM,
If they're 'Not right', you were meant to think they're 'wrong'.

If they're 'not right', they're LEFT.

And, if you know that 18 = R, and the 'left' is west, then you will have discovered that W IS E, and you find the beginning of this puzzle.

Because that's what this is.

Don't fall into his trap. There's a lot going on here.

Doc
11-30-2015, 03:39 AM,
Doc there are more than 26 scrapbooks. Have you been able to confirm any of the numeric/alphabetic pairs in this manner? Or do you believe something marks these special puzzles?
11-30-2015, 09:05 AM,
And 90 degrees is just about right for warm water, I'd say.
11-30-2015, 08:32 PM,
(11-30-2015, 09:05 AM)Doc Wrote: And 90 degrees is just about right for warm water, I'd say.

Doc,

I could not help myself from posting on this one.

About two years ago, I introduced the concept that the map was upside down. Meaning N=S and E=W. There is only one famous map, that I know of, that is written this way. I posted about it until my fingers were numb, and I failed to recruit even one supporter.

The author of the map was Joseph C. Brown, and his home was a very specific and famous trail.

I agree with your deduction that "wise" = W is E.

I think you are halfway there with the 90 degree rotation; you just need to do it twice.

It is quite interesting when you overlay this map over a modern map using the proper transparency. The notes are all upside down, but it works.

Scott W.
11-30-2015, 09:58 PM,
(11-30-2015, 08:32 PM)scott W Wrote:
(11-30-2015, 09:05 AM)Doc Wrote: And 90 degrees is just about right for warm water, I'd say.

Doc,

I could not help myself from posting on this one.

About two years ago, I introduced the concept that the map was upside down. Meaning N=S and E=W. There is only one famous map, that I know of, that is written this way. I posted about it until my fingers were numb, and I failed to recruit even one supporter.

The author of the map was Joseph C. Brown, and his home was a very specific and famous trail.

I agree with your deduction that "wise" = W is E.

I think you are halfway there with the 90 degree rotation; you just need to do it twice.

It is quite interesting when you overlay this map over a modern map using the proper transparency. The notes are all upside down, but it works.

Scott W.

"w is e" does not say that "e is w"
11-30-2015, 10:37 PM, (This post was last modified: 11-30-2015, 10:38 PM by scott W.)
Quote:"w is e" does not say that "e is w"

OK. What ever you say.
I know you got the point. You're just trying to be an idiot.

Scott W
12-01-2015, 04:30 AM,
West = East. Full cock (pit). Ha!
12-01-2015, 05:12 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-01-2015, 06:05 AM by Milan.)
[Edit] deleted by me - nothing important...

Cheers!

Milan

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The "hear" cipher in the poem and its true unlocked coordinate variant LeadSolver 15 1,230 10-10-2020, 10:19 AM
Last Post: LeadSolver
  New Poem & Cipher with Cash Prize Octopus 14 1,754 07-01-2020, 01:28 PM
Last Post: Octopus
  The Cipher debate Bet 424 382,386 03-01-2018, 05:15 PM
Last Post: easternOHsteve
  can You make this cipher work lostowl 1 1,915 05-28-2017, 04:22 PM
Last Post: lostowl