Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Scrapbook 62: To cipher or not to cipher?
12-01-2015, 05:24 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-01-2015, 05:25 AM by astree.)
RE: Scrapbook 62: To cipher or not to cipher?
(11-30-2015, 08:32 PM)scott W Wrote: About two years ago, I introduced the concept that the map was upside down. Meaning N=S and E=W. There is only one famous map, that I know of, that is written this way. I posted about it until my fingers were numb, and I failed to recruit even one supporter.

The author of the map was Joseph C. Brown, and his home was a very specific and famous trail.

I think you are halfway there with the 90 degree rotation; you just need to do it twice.

Scott W.

Here's credit to "a reader"

http://altereddimensions.net/2015/forres...s-treasure

Quote:Sometime in 2013, a reader discovered what may be a clue on the cover of The Thrill of the Chase book. When the book is turned upside down, the four photographs on the cover resemble the states of Idaho, Utah, Wyoming, and Montana with a pile of gold coins representing the mapped area of Montana. Coincidence?

[Image: image28.png]

astree
=====

DON’T RESEARCH...THINK!!!

https://www.allmovie.com/movie/v46056

WP (stock symbol)
12-01-2015, 07:45 AM,
And hint of rich E sneW and old (contains consecutive cardinals)

=====

WP (stock symbol)
12-01-2015, 10:07 AM,
(11-30-2015, 10:37 PM)scott W Wrote:
Quote:"w is e" does not say that "e is w"

OK. What ever you say.
I know you got the point. You're just trying to be an idiot.

Scott W

Don't be an asshole. I was simply pointing out that "is" is not an "equals" sign.
12-01-2015, 04:39 PM,
Scrapbook 62: To cipher or not to cipher?
Hi there.

Pays to be a winner.
12-01-2015, 04:44 PM,
If SB's "are" or "are not" hints, then this SB is or isnt a hint. If you dont think that SB's have hints in them, then why would you assume this particular SB does have hints. If you can understand where i am going with this, then maybe this SB is the key to a debate that has been going on forever. SB's do indeed have hints. That is why things have to be posted in a cadence on HoD.
12-02-2015, 08:45 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-03-2015, 02:04 PM by Doc.)
Hammertime, I think that's precisely the issue, and I'll try to explain the answer.

illinoisghost, I think that's a good description of many things occurring in the game.

In another thread, I'm postulating that the 'nine clues' are something in addition to nine clues in the poem:

1. 9 = The 'I'
2. IX = STAR
3. 3 New Directions.

If one uses the Spanish version of THE, then 9 = EL I or LIE.

The first layer of the clues is a LIE--a decoy. One must dig into the clues to find the second and third layers of the STAR and to find the DIRECTIONS to the next spot.

Examples:

1. 'warm waters' and 'canyon' aren't bodies of water or craters.
2. When one first solves the poem and finds the first three bridges, the first bridge is the Fishing Bridge, and that's a lie--there's no fishing allowed at the fishing bridge.

According to the clues, the FIRST is a LIE.

And that's what's made this game so difficult. We have to figure out the truth from the lies we're told.

Fun stuff.

Doc
12-02-2015, 10:54 AM,
Then that explains the nein being nine clues. That the first set of clues is nein. There have been some comments from Forrest about Hitler invading Poland I believe. Hitler was also a big time treasure hunter. So maybe we need to find 9 different treasure hunt scenarios and that may play along with the poem. Capt Kidd and stuff like that. I'm with you on the Lie or no clues layer. It's not that there are not any clues, but the hint is use nein.
I think this is saying that scrapbooks do have hints, since this one was a scrapbook. And those all are used for positive solutions, how could they not assist in finding the treasure then?
12-02-2015, 07:54 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-02-2015, 08:22 PM by Doc.)
Hammertime,

I completely overlooked the 'nein' business. Thanks for bringing that up.

Like everything else, it seems to be part of a threesome of clues:

1. 9 = The I. That's AYE.
2. NINE = NEIN = NO.
3. 3 INN = HOTEL = THE LO. Translating to the Spanish for 'the': 'ELLO: HI.

HILO is a city in HI.

HI LO HI. That's a description of a rail fence cipher for whatever reason.

And I'm looking for a treasure at the end of a fence. Interesting times.

Doc

And, I did that wrong. That business about Hi Lo Hi belongs elsewhere.

The natural flow of that logic should be Yes, No, Maybe.

May be = May 2. That's the 123 day of a leap year. How that helps, I don't know yet.
12-03-2015, 05:43 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-03-2015, 05:50 AM by astree.)
(12-02-2015, 08:45 AM)Doc Wrote: If one uses the Spanish version of THE, then 9 = EL I or LIE.

3. All his clues about 'none of these 18 things will help', the chest is wet, people have been within 200 ft, etc. ALL LIES. The first part, the part 'as is', is a LIE. One must look under the engine to find the truth. Within each lie, we will find the truth. If we're 'wise', that is.

According to the clues, the FIRST is a LIE.

Lots of good points, Doc.

To focus on one of the points, something I caught in the first "Weekly Words" at mysteriouswritings.com

"You will ignore the poem at your own peril" (9 words)

You .... peril

You ... p lie r ( and just for fun, "lie" has the same value as "iq' .. i cue )
As well, the last and first letters .... L Y
Just to be clear, I take Forrest at his word, that there is a treasure and its location is defined in the poem. Looking at the auxilliary information can be fun, though.
=====

WP (stock symbol)
12-03-2015, 08:38 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-03-2015, 09:12 AM by Doc.)
My apologies. I wasn't trying to point elsewhere.

The poem is most definitely the key to everything, and I'm quite confident there's a treasure there.

It's just hard.

Upsetting apple carts is not something I care to do, neither deliberately nor inadvertently.

I think there's a LOT going on in this scrapbook entry, and I'll try to spend some time on it today.

One thing I've noticed:

If we reverse the order of the 18 entries, then the 1st, 3rd, and 5th entries--A C E or A-- are the codes, riddles, and ciphers. The 'fourth from the end' which is a description of the letter 'w' or 'omega' would be Bible verses.

The bible verse that comes to mind if I have an A--alpha--and 'w'-omega is Revelation 22:13: I am the alpha and the omega, the first and the last, the beginning and the end.

Revelation V 13 = revelation verse 13

Verse 13 of the poem: If you've been wise and found the blaze.

Doc

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  The "hear" cipher in the poem and its true unlocked coordinate variant LeadSolver 15 1,374 10-10-2020, 10:19 AM
Last Post: LeadSolver
  New Poem & Cipher with Cash Prize Octopus 14 2,045 07-01-2020, 01:28 PM
Last Post: Octopus
  The Cipher debate Bet 424 390,699 03-01-2018, 05:15 PM
Last Post: easternOHsteve
  can You make this cipher work lostowl 1 1,985 05-28-2017, 04:22 PM
Last Post: lostowl