Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Did Forrest Fenn ever say the clues were in contiguous order?
12-06-2015, 03:37 PM,
Did Forrest Fenn ever say the clues were in contiguous order?
Did Forrest ever say that the clues were in contiguous order within the poem itself? I cannot find the exact quote anywhere, only what other people have interpreted it to be. Please provide a link to an official quote from ff himself, NOT a link to someone posting it as a reply on HoD or wherever.

I am asking because it is my understanding that he said to follow the clues in order, he did not say the clues were listed in the poem in order (either contiguous or continuous, which are different of course). People seem to have twisted the meaning to apply to the poem itself, and I am trying to be 100% sure of exactly what came out of FF's mouth (or typing hands), not hearsay Smile
12-06-2015, 03:55 PM,
RE: Did Forrest Fenn ever say the clues were in contiguous order?
"Well in my book there is a poem and there are 9 clues in the poem and the clues are in consecutive order; If you want to find the treasure chest, you have my book there, I'll tell you how to do it. Read the book just normally, the poem and the rest of the book, then go back and read the poem 6,8,10 times, study every line, every word, then after you do that read the book again slowly with the idea of looking for clues or hints that are in the book that will help you follow the clues. You can find the chest with just the clues, but there are hints in the book that will help you with the clues." ff -- Report From Santa Fe with Lorene Mills(May 13-16th 2011).

Tell me: What would be the point of writing a poem, that is difficult enough to figure out just on its own, and not just make the clues consecutive as the poem reads??

People have though, tried to figure it out in all sorts of ways -- both straightforward and switched around and you know what? Still no one has found it. So why not just quit making it even harder on oneself , .....and let's do like he tells us. I mean, why wouldn't it be straightforward??

“When I wrote that poem, I wasn’t playing any games. It’s straightforward.” ff -- Collected Works Bookstore/10-22-13.

Sorry, no links. You can find those yourself. Smile

"But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be the shepherd." - Jules Winnfield
12-06-2015, 04:37 PM,
Yes , he said it on a video. The word even sounds funny. It has a specific meaning... teachers with ropes picture gives you a hint about contiguous.
Ω  200 ft. Club  Ω
12-06-2015, 05:22 PM,
Mysterious Writings
Question posted 6/29/2014:

Forrest, Did you intend for there to be 9 clues, or did it work out to be just right with 9? ~ halo

Nice thinking halo, I didn’t count the clues until the poem had been finalized. Although I changed it a few times over the months I think the number stayed about the same.f

"But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be the shepherd." - Jules Winnfield
12-06-2015, 05:26 PM,
So he said consecutive, which is not contiguous. Very different.

(12-06-2015, 03:55 PM)Project Why Wrote: Tell me: What would be the point of writing a poem, that is difficult enough to figure out just on its own, and not just make the clues consecutive as the poem reads??

People have though, tried to figure it out in all sorts of ways -- both straightforward and switched around and you know what? Still no one has found it. So why not just quit making it even harder on oneself , .....and let's do like he tells us. I mean, why wouldn't it be straightforward??

Not trying to make it hard, trying to make it clear and not use comments that were not specified verbatim as said by ff. For example, consecutive and contiguous are not the same at all, so it does matter as well as the context he used it in.
12-06-2015, 05:33 PM,
(12-06-2015, 05:26 PM)Tony Wrote: So he said consecutive, which is not contiguous. Very different.

I don't think they're so different. As far as I recall, he used both words in different interviews. I believe both were somewhere in late 2013, but I'm not sure.
12-06-2015, 05:55 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-06-2015, 05:55 PM by Chris Yates.)
this is from Moby Dickens around 47 minutes

Forrest, did you have 9 clues before you wrote the poem, or did 9 clues appear after you wrote the poem?

they're contiguous. i knew where i wanted to hide the treasure chest. so it was easy for me to put one foot down and then step on it to get to the next foot. thats what i did.

but i changed it over .. i dont know how many times .. i looked up the meaning of words. you know we really don't know what some of our words mean. for instance what does the word several mean? s-e-v-e-r-a-l ... what does that mean?

many

no. it means more than two, but not many more than two. isn't that a way to define a word? more than two, but not many

so, i doubt that anyone in this room knows that. i mean, i wouldn't know it except i'm a writer and sometimes i look things up. and there are lots of words in the english language that we can't define and consequently we use them erroneously.

how in the hell did i get on that subject?
12-06-2015, 06:01 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-06-2015, 06:06 PM by Project Why.)
(12-06-2015, 05:26 PM)Tony Wrote: So he said consecutive, which is not contiguous. Very different.

(12-06-2015, 03:55 PM)Project Why Wrote: Tell me: What would be the point of writing a poem, that is difficult enough to figure out just on its own, and not just make the clues consecutive as the poem reads??

Not trying to make it hard, trying to make it clear and not use comments that were not specified verbatim as said by ff. For example, consecutive and contiguous are not the same at all, so it does matter as well as the context he used it in.

Why would he say there were 9 clues, if in fact there were 10 or more?? Why? He wouldn't. The 9 clues are step-by-step 'specific' instructions on how to get to where the chest is located. Making the area of search definitively mirror the poem, in sequence, point to point. Now, that doesn't mean other things in the poem can't be used as "hints" or "confirmations" to those clues, thus in all actuality, using the whole poem as a guide. But ONLY a precise part of the poem is used as EXACT instructions. IMO, it's just using common sense. You want to call it 10 or 12 or whatever, go for it!! I think though, you are making more difficult than it already is are setting yourself up for FAILURE.

But of course too, with some of his recent comments, we have also discovered that one still won't know for sure they've solved any clues UNTIL the chest is found. As he has stated, pretty much the ONLY way anyone is going to find it, is by starting with the first clue(WWWH) and following the rest "consecutively". Although some have "guessed" the first clue, they got off course later. IMO, Some may even have the "idea" of the first clue correct, but have searched in the wrong locations. It will take the CORECT clues at the right place, followed exactly the right way, to get r done. I mean, what's so difficult about that process!! It's finding the first clue and following the architectural design from the hot tub to the burial spot that so tricky. The house is a maze. Gotta follow the directions precisely!!

If you can't make sense of why he would say "consecutive" AND "contiguous", then I don't what to tell you. To me it makes sense. Smile

(12-06-2015, 05:41 PM)mountain digger Wrote: Thanks PW, but not sure that would be definitive. It does make sense that when answering that question, he would give the total # of clues in the poem. But the devil is in the wording, and that word "ABOUT" troubles me.

Sorry Tony, just realized what I did. My apologies.

What's it matter if the # varied over the time of writing? All that matters is what the final # is. He said it was 9. Case closed. Smile

12-06-2015, 09:52 PM,
(12-06-2015, 05:33 PM)John Brown Wrote:

I don't think they're so different. As far as I recall, he used both words in different interviews. I believe both were somewhere in late 2013, but I'm not sure.

They are very different, contiguous would be right next to each other, continuous does not need to be right next to each other, just in order.

(12-06-2015, 06:01 PM)Project Why Wrote: Why would he say there were 9 clues, if in fact there were 10 or more?? Why? He wouldn't. The 9 clues are step-by-step 'specific' instructions on how to get to where the chest is located. Making the area of search definitively mirror the poem, in sequence, point to point. Now, that doesn't mean other things in the poem can't be used as "hints" or "confirmations" to those clues, thus in all actuality, using the whole poem as a guide. But ONLY a precise part of the poem is used as EXACT instructions. IMO, it's just using common sense. You want to call it 10 or 12 or whatever, go for it!! I think though, you are making more difficult than it already is are setting yourself up for FAILURE.

But of course too, with some of his recent comments, we have also discovered that one still won't know for sure they've solved any clues UNTIL the chest is found. As he has stated, pretty much the ONLY way anyone is going to find it, is by starting with the first clue(WWWH) and following the rest "consecutively". Although some have "guessed" the first clue, they got off course later. IMO, Some may even have the "idea" of the first clue correct, but have searched in the wrong locations. It will take the CORECT clues at the right place, followed exactly the right way, to get r done. I mean, what's so difficult about that process!! It's finding the first clue and following the architectural design from the hot tub to the burial spot that so tricky. The house is a maze. Gotta follow the directions precisely!!

If you can't make sense of why he would say "consecutive" AND "contiguous", then I don't what to tell you. To me it makes sense. Smile

PW, you do not need to be condescending or rude to me brother, it is uncalled for! I simply asked a question, and you come off as if everything you say is "matter of fact". Well guess what bright eyes, until you have the chest in your hands, your "opinion" is no more valid than anyone elses.

I know what the difference is between contiguous and continuous, apparently you do not. Anyway, due to your wise ass remarks I will no longer be responding to you, if there is an ignore option I will use it.

(12-06-2015, 05:55 PM)Chris Yates Wrote: this is from Moby Dickens around 47 minutes

Forrest, did you have 9 clues before you wrote the poem, or did 9 clues appear after you wrote the poem?

they're contiguous. i knew where i wanted to hide the treasure chest. so it was easy for me to put one foot down and then step on it to get to the next foot. thats what i did.

but i changed it over .. i dont know how many times .. i looked up the meaning of words. you know we really don't know what some of our words mean. for instance what does the word several mean? s-e-v-e-r-a-l ... what does that mean?

many

no. it means more than two, but not many more than two. isn't that a way to define a word? more than two, but not many

so, i doubt that anyone in this room knows that. i mean, i wouldn't know it except i'm a writer and sometimes i look things up. and there are lots of words in the english language that we can't define and consequently we use them erroneously.

how in the hell did i get on that subject?

Thanks Chris, I was incorrectly looking for printed quotes, thanks for the info from the video!
12-06-2015, 10:42 PM,
(12-06-2015, 05:22 PM)Project Why Wrote: Mysterious Writings
Question posted 6/29/2014:

Forrest, Did you intend for there to be 9 clues, or did it work out to be just right with 9? ~ halo

Nice thinking halo, I didn’t count the clues until the poem had been finalized. Although I changed it a few times over the months I think the number stayed about the same.f

Whenever I see a reference to 15 years for writing the poem; I think of this quote...
-T-

“I’ve said searchers should go back to the poem so many times that I don’t want to say it again here.” -ff

“The world is full of obvious things which nobody by any chance ever observes.” -Sherlock Holmes

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Forrest Fenn: Our Modern Forrest Gump filmguy 7 2,701 05-22-2019, 06:32 PM
Last Post: Daniel A
  Vote of those mostly likely to receive Fenn clues Top Secret 13 4,294 01-09-2019, 02:03 PM
Last Post: mrmagicarovrumrebel
  Contiguous mrmagicarovrumrebel 1 1,260 07-22-2018, 04:09 AM
Last Post: DeeepThnkr
  Not In The Right Order Iron Will 10 6,574 09-20-2017, 04:27 PM
Last Post: jdigginsz
  Contiguous clues The Wolf 82 51,540 06-03-2017, 06:50 PM
Last Post: lostowl
  Follow the clues in order? tar 15 10,355 05-25-2017, 01:36 AM
Last Post: The Count