Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 1 Average
The question of Joseph Smith
12-14-2015, 01:02 AM,
RE: The question of Joseph Smith
(12-13-2015, 11:14 PM)treasureseeker Wrote: Wondering what this has to do with the chase? Are people out of good ideas? Are you studying the Mormon Trail?

Joseph Smith may have taken several Old Testament verses and corrupted them to meet his own selfish needs, but the traditional Mormon Church has not practiced this since becoming a state in 1896, twenty years after the US Supreme Court ruled against polygamy in 1879. Utah would not be a state without agreeing to stop practicing polygamy. Any man who "marries" a young girl of 12, 13, 14, 15 years of age should be charged as a child molester and not protected by any "religion".

By the way, my grandmother is from Utah and her grandmother was the brother of one Jedidiah Smith...one of the most important historical figures in Western American History so I may be related to Joseph Smith...but I am not LDS.
I don’t see any record of 12 or 13 year old girls. 2 wives 14 yrs and 2 at 16 yrs old... It would be easy to assume he consumated these marriages. Smith was a person accused of many things and in the end killed by a mob. We should give benefit of the doubt where possible since people suffered a lot those days. Persecution, poverty, etc. Some history is known and some fabricated.
Ω  200 ft. Club  Ω
12-14-2015, 02:12 AM,
Deek

I was not referring to J.S. in particular but it has been written he had up to 40 wives and 2 may have been 14 and 2 girls age 16. I was thinking along the lines of one Warren Jeffs who now resides in jail where he belongs. Still not sure why this blog exists and I agree the Mormons were severely persecuted and suffered a lot of pain, death and suffering to migrate to Utah.

On chase related ideas:
I was thinking of making a posting on Jenny Kile's "Mysterious Writings" blog...but I didn't want to be rude, and I don't want her to stop posting. The question is, "Has FF sent her all 52 weekly posts, phrases, hints and clues ahead of time to post weekly and is she doing so in his same order?" Seems that would give her, a fellow searcher an unfair advantage (that is being able to see all these Fennisms ahead of time before everyone else does). BTW, I don't put much if any credence in the new weekly blog she is posting, do you?
12-14-2015, 04:18 AM,
The Mormon stuff is interesting historically as anything is having to do with the settlement of the west.My grandmother's were Mormon so I enjoy learning about that aspect of it. Thanks.

I don't think Forrest would be giving her a rundown of things to post in advance. Why not just ask Forrest? He has always been receptive to honest polite questions.
Shhh they aren't listening.
12-14-2015, 08:06 AM,
(12-13-2015, 11:20 PM)HollyfromMN Wrote: Hey that's cool treasureseeker! There were some troubles asocisted with Mormons. Massacres?

(edit link in if I find) no massacre link but this is interesting:

http://www.texasescapes.com/ClayCoppedge...ormons.htm

Mountain Meadows Massacre: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mountain_Meadows_massacre

http://mountainmeadowsmassacre.com/
12-14-2015, 11:28 AM,
@treasurseeker Warren Jeffs was the leader of the "Fundamentalist Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints" Not to be confused with The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints.
and the Massacre, happened just 11 years after (the mormons) building the largest city in Illinois and being removed by force.... what mindset would you have after that? There is no excuse for the massacre, but there was a spirit of war against the Mormons during those year.. and I can imagine I would be pretty angry if I were there.
Ω  200 ft. Club  Ω
12-14-2015, 01:25 PM, (This post was last modified: 12-14-2015, 01:26 PM by trigace.)
decal -
I agree with you. There is evidence that the members of the wagon train that were killed at Mountain Meadows had been taunting and threatening the Mormons as they traveled down through Utah going to California. And some had bragged about being part of the mob that killed Joseph Smith and other Church leaders at Carthage, Illinois. Most of the wagon train members were from the Missouri area where they had killed and raped many Mormons, destroyed and stolen their properties, and driven them from the state after Missouri Governor Boggs had issued his extermination order against the Mormons. There is no justification for the massacre but how would some of you have reacted today?

Concerning polygamy....most people don't realize how many countries today legally practice polygamy and how many have practiced it during all of recorded history. Today it is commonly accepted in our supposedly highly socially advanced Western society to have many out of wedlock relationships, bringing many children into the world without legal parents. Yet some of these same people are the first to criticize anyone who would dare to have more than one wife, even if he were completely faithful to them. And it's now completely acceptable for two men or two women to marry, yet one man can't marry two women?
These are all just my ideas. I hope no one uses them.
12-17-2015, 11:51 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-17-2015, 11:55 AM by presby.)
(12-14-2015, 01:02 AM)decall Wrote:
(12-13-2015, 11:14 PM)treasureseeker Wrote: Wondering what this has to do with the chase? Are people out of good ideas? Are you studying the Mormon Trail?

Joseph Smith may have taken several Old Testament verses and corrupted them to meet his own selfish needs, but the traditional Mormon Church has not practiced this since becoming a state in 1896, twenty years after the US Supreme Court ruled against polygamy in 1879. Utah would not be a state without agreeing to stop practicing polygamy. Any man who "marries" a young girl of 12, 13, 14, 15 years of age should be charged as a child molester and not protected by any "religion".

By the way, my grandmother is from Utah and her grandmother was the brother of one Jedidiah Smith...one of the most important historical figures in Western American History so I may be related to Joseph Smith...but I am not LDS.
I don’t see any record of 12 or 13 year old girls. 2 wives 14 yrs and 2 at 16 yrs old... It would be easy to assume he consumated these marriages. Smith was a person accused of many things and in the end killed by a mob. We should give benefit of the doubt where possible since people suffered a lot those days. Persecution, poverty, etc. Some history is known and some fabricated.

Actually Decal. There are not only records of spiritual marriages Warren jeffs made with these children of 12 and over...

There are tapes made of his consummations of these marriages with them. There were tapes made of Jeffs training underage girls for marriage by having them perform sexual acts on him as a group.

One tape that was not presented at his trial, lucky for him. Was the one of him consumating a spiritual marriage to a 12 year old child. I hear a couple seconds of it. It was deemed to painful (therefore) inflammatory, so the jury was not allowed to hear the evidence.

(12-14-2015, 01:25 PM)trigace Wrote: decal -
I agree with you. There is evidence that the members of the wagon train that were killed at Mountain Meadows had been taunting and threatening the Mormons as they traveled down through Utah going to California. And some had bragged about being part of the mob that killed Joseph Smith and other Church leaders at Carthage, Illinois. Most of the wagon train members were from the Missouri area where they had killed and raped many Mormons, destroyed and stolen their properties, and driven them from the state after Missouri Governor Boggs had issued his extermination order against the Mormons. There is no justification for the massacre but how would some of you have reacted today?

Concerning polygamy....most people don't realize how many countries today legally practice polygamy and how many have practiced it during all of recorded history. Today it is commonly accepted in our supposedly highly socially advanced Western society to have many out of wedlock relationships, bringing many children into the world without legal parents. Yet some of these same people are the first to criticize anyone who would dare to have more than one wife, even if he were completely faithful to them. And it's now completely acceptable for two men or two women to marry, yet one man can't marry two women?

I do not know why they could not. As long as the marriages are equal and not coerced. Unfortunately, most of the countries where this is allowed are countries where women do not have equal legal rights. Hence the opportunity for abuse is increased.
12-17-2015, 12:51 PM,
Seriously, do not group Warren Jeffs (FLDS Church) with Joseph Smith or the Mormon church (LDS Church). The LDS Church has a long history of moral, decent behavior... trained, youth protection certified etc.
Furthermore, I have met many of the FLDS Church at work, welding pipelines and houses and water treatment plants and find no fault with them. They seem to be OPPRESSED by the leadership of the FLDS and somewhat persecuted by government. One story told to me was the 2006 Hildale UT, FBI raid, put many small children in a barn separated from their mothers... no food, no water, hot barn many hours. Then they fed these children fast food from an hour away, when these kids were used to eating home cooked meals. Many were sick and miserable for sure.. stupid bunch of idiot government workers.
Ω  200 ft. Club  Ω
12-17-2015, 01:35 PM,
forgive a sinner
12-17-2015, 01:35 PM,

Your grandmother's grandmother was the brother of Jedidiah Smith?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ramblin' Pam Interviews Fenn on Joseph Henry Sharpe tyounis 0 694 09-22-2018, 01:16 PM
Last Post: tyounis