Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why are you searching...
09-11-2013, 10:16 AM,
Why are you searching...
I live in Colorado but temporarily moved to Arizona to take care of my terminally ill Mom. While there, one day I typed "treasure hunt" into Google and there it was...all kinds of articles about the poem, the book, Forrest Fenn. I remember growing up in Virginia and my Mom and my aunt going on treasure hunts for gold bricks that had been hidden, with clues to their whereabouts. Mom LOVED doing that. Anyway, I told her about the poem and the treasure and we discussed some places in Colorado that she thought it could be. I ordered the book but never got a chance to share that with Mom. She passed away on June 8th, 2013. I didn't even open the book until we moved back to Colorado in July. In fact, I just finished reading the last few chapters this morning. So, an answer to your question...I started the chase for my mom. And I hope to end the chase for her too. I know she is with me as I search and research. And God willing, if I should be the lucky one to find it, I will donate some of the money to cancer research in honor of my Mom. She was a beautiful soul. I miss her terribly.
09-12-2013, 10:04 AM,
Why are you searching...
tralou, I do understand. I lost my dad last October due to a long illness. Taking care of a loved one who is slowly dying is extremely difficult, but just a part of life I suppose. You brace yourself for "it" to happen any day, but when it does, it's unreal. The real grieving comes later, when you pick up some little trinket, or a photo, that hits you hard, that hollow pain in your soul. Still keeps happening to me out of the blue, it seems.

Anyway, my dad and I loved the outdoors. So every time I go on a search, I take some things with me that belonged to him. I just wish he had owned a gold/bronze metal detector with a range of 1000 miles, that would sit on my desk and give directions to any treasures out there. Instead, I have to settle for one of his hats and a pocket knife. Take care. Boo
09-28-2013, 11:51 AM,
Why are you searching...
<i>Why did one start the search in the first place,</i>

Not long after Fenn released his book I had minor surgery (out patient). Even though I was only at the hospital a few hours I had to “take it easy” for awhile. On the second day after my surgery my wife brings me Fenn’s book and website address (apparently a pre-planned effort by my wife so I wouldn’t drive her crazy). She handed me the book and said, “I think you two have some things in common, see if you can figure out what this goofy old Texan is talking about”, she chuckled and walk out of the room. I shouted after her saying, “Hey did you just call me a goofy old guy”, all I heard was more chuckling.

The chase started and goofy old guy was born.

<i>has the reason, for you changed... since the start?</i>

No not really……..Being a skeptical individual I thought the whole thing was a hoax at first; but I kept looking into it. I was interested because the chest is in the Rockies. I’ve traveled the Rockies and western U.S. for over 40 years and I still work there now, so he put the chest in my backyard so to speak. If he had put the chest somewhere else (Florida for example), I would care less about looking for it….

I realized very quickly that the search is going to be way more difficult than what most think it is…….So I’ve only searched in areas where I’m going to be anyway.

09-28-2013, 12:18 PM,
Why are you searching...
Financial gain of course but the fact the only thing stands in my way is myself, there's no odds to worry about or how many lottery tickets to buy so if I don't find it it's because of me. That is my thrill
09-28-2013, 03:41 PM,
Why are you searching...
@will197532 that's a good way to look at this.I like that
******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
10-01-2013, 05:59 PM,
Why are you searching...
Because I believe in the kindness of people, because I believe in thinking outside of the box, because I believe that our character is tempered by challenges, because I believe wisdom is found in the dirt, the flora, and the fauna, because I believe that Texas is defined by more than just one man(small joke George), because I believe that 99% of people are good, because I believe that it is our intentions which should be judged and not the consequences of our actions, because I believe we should have the ability to change course when confronted with the consequences, because I believe in this nation even though our leaders refuse to lead, because I believe we learn to be better when faced with adversity, because I believe life is much more than your expectations if you are open, because I believe that there are concepts which no one has adequately explained to me, because I believe that distraction at times is not necessarily a bad thing, because I believe that one person can make a difference, and finally, because I believe….
10-02-2013, 07:07 AM,
Why are you searching...
im searching for carrie,amy Susie and harry,just shorten it and make the check out to cash.
******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
10-02-2013, 10:13 AM,
Why are you searching...
It has gotten into my soul and My Mother, soon to be 78; and I, went to New Mexico this past June in search of the lock box. Just wanting to figure out a puzzle and claim the prize to help all we know and to say we figured it out. Fun, curiosity, wanting to solve a riddle and finding a treasure!! Same as everyone else but hoping to help family and friends fix up my old home almost a hundred years old. Give some of the treasure to the church and community. Just different things and finally, just finally win something through hard work and searching to say we just did it. That is it in a nutshell. Getting to explore the outdoors and figure out the puzzle riddle for myself as a little personal victory. Just because...... Maybe to see how smart and much of a puzzle solver I am. Personal achievements are a great reward in themselves.
10-07-2013, 02:32 PM,
Why are you searching...
I seek, therefore I am.

I want to find the treasure just to show everyone I am sexier than they are.
10-07-2013, 02:50 PM,
Why are you searching...
well not everyone has a hat like you,so you got one up on all of us LOL