Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why are you searching...
10-07-2013, 04:44 PM,
Why are you searching...
with a great hat comes great responsibility
*************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************************
10-09-2013, 12:28 PM,
Why are you searching...
It took almost twenty years for my hat to finally get the way it is. I have a picture of my hat on the head of a bull here at the ranch; it's not easy getting a bull to put up with that abuse.

10-12-2013, 08:02 PM,
Why are you searching...
The hat also got blown off of my head in the Caribbean, and a herd of sharks looked it over. I used a boat hook to get it back. :-)
11-14-2013, 07:32 PM,
Why are you searching...
Like most people I could use the money, but that is not why I hunt for it thinking whats in it for me. I go in search of it for the same reason I take my bow in my hand in pursuit of the Wapiti. It is the thrill of the chase, the mountain wind against my face, the smell of pine while trudging up a steep mountain incline. Its the flowers, the trees, the flutterbys and the bees. You can be sure plane and simple the reason I do it is for the adventure.
11-26-2013, 06:13 PM,
Why are you searching...
A coworker of mine said to me one day, "Have you heard of that treasure in the mountains north of Santa Fe?". Uh, no. That was all I needed and now I feed my fennaddiction even in 12 inches of snow. A real life Goonies, except the happenstance kids found it in the first try. I would run from bad guys with guns if I could just be the one to open the chest. I am approaching 30 searches now and I wouldn't give up a single one for I know that I would not have seen the things I have if it were not for ff. Just got back from another search today and it was in a spot that is undeniably the best so far. Maybe the snow will melt by Friday so my kids can go with me and find it for me; if not I might get the DTs by next week......
12-06-2013, 12:32 AM,
Why are you searching...

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from Seeker on September 4, 2013, 1:30 pm</b>

Just a curiosity,

Why did one start the search in the first place, and

has the reason, for you changed... since the start?
</div>

My first experience with 'The Chase', I was looking for a movie called the 'Goonies', a treasure movie.

As I read on and then the poem, it felt like the kind of challenge, I felt as a child, playing chess, '<i>Legend of Zelda</i>', and other puzzle games.

But as you read his books, and get into who FF is, admiration comes to mind.

What else? I am also a singer, songwriter, and poet.

<i>The wife does remind me ever so often, <b>I'm a bit too correct when listening to her side of the story.</b></i> Tongue

I still haven't figured out how she can estimate that lol.

Children notice everything don't they? I can recall being mesmerized by looking at the vein of leaves, the colors. So in that way the 'The Chase', has brought that back into my conscious mind.

My reason has changed as I have changed. I read peoples reason's why they started, and I'm like wow!

So many amazing people!

Let us..."Never stop dreaming, for that is the stuff life's made of".

Always,

A_The_A

12-06-2013, 01:10 PM,
Why are you searching...
This was my chance to do something to make a difference for my family. I could help my kids have a better future with better education, give my mom a nest egg so she wouldnt have to worry about cost of living, relieve some of my husbands stress.

I found something I hadnt counted on since my son told me about the chase. I found hope, even better than that I found me again. I remembered how much I love learning, how to dream again. It also got me into physical therapy to address my mobility issues, and I look forward to our trips to search. I win, even if someone else finds the treasure. Yay!
Shhh they aren't listening.
12-11-2013, 01:42 AM,
Why are you searching...
About a year ago, while at work, I stumbled on a website talking about the treasure I bookmarked it and had every intent of digging deeper then. I work as a 911 dispatcher for a hospital. I do not have the joy (not so much) of dealing with the public who need the police or fire department; I only deal with those who need medical help. Needless to say we got extremely busy over the next few days and the website was pushed to the back of my mind. About a week ago I was cleaning out those bookmarks on my favorites tab and I restumbled on the website and I had a chance to dig deeper. The more I read the more I felt I was smart enough to break the code. My drawback is that the treasure is definitely out west and I am in Kentucky so to actually get out and search is going to be hard to do. I showed this to my partner at work and he is as into it as I. We have established thru many hours of research a plausible starting point and in July we are going out west to actually search.

If I find the chest I will pay off my house and cars and donate the rest to St. Jude’s thru a silent donation for the kids. For now I will continue to search Google earth and in the meantime also find Jonathan Swift's silver mine Smile

12-11-2013, 06:16 AM,
Why are you searching...
I don't have anything better to do Smile