Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Book - "Finding Forrest Fenn"
04-26-2016, 06:47 AM,
RE: The Book - "Finding Forrest Fenn"
(04-26-2016, 06:39 AM)HollyfromMN Wrote: The title of the book bothers me. The idea of donating to cancer prevention does not...

Why is that Holly?
05-02-2016, 08:12 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-24-2017, 12:35 PM by The Wolf.)
Final Update:
As many of you know I have donated all revenue received from my book to cancer research. The Wolf's Cancer Fund page was created to raise funds for the Canadian Cancer Society and was active until the end of April. I am now switching to the Terry Fox Foundation as it is a very efficient volunteer organization that is committed to cancer research.

As promised the final results were:
182 books sold
Total donations plus book revenue came to $3030.68 raised. I am still awaiting for the final checks ($139.70) to come in from the book companies and those funds will go to the Terry Fox Org. A summary of the money raised is posted on my blog:

http://www.findingfenn.com/#!The-Wolfs-C...5e61f67be1

Thank you everyone for supporting such a wonderful cause and for those who plan to purchase my book in the future (40% discount at Smashwords is still available until 20 May), I will continue to transfer 100% or the revenue received to cancer research!

One last request, I personally have received plenty of positive feedback from my book, but the reviews on Amazon and Smashwords are scant. If you enjoyed my book, please take the time to tell others! Thank you.

Edit:
The final total raise for the Canadian Cancer society was $3090.98 surpassing my original goal of $3000. The Wolf donation page receipt can be viewed at this link: http://tinyurl.com/n4rscmb
05-26-2016, 10:43 AM,
All,
I am heading back to my studies and proud to announce that I met my goal of 200 books sold and over $3100 raised towards cancer research. I would like to personally thank all those who have supported cancer research through the purchase of my book "Finding Forrest Fenn".

I was reminded this week of the importance of my quest to help defeat cancer, with the saddened news that Gordon Downie from the Canadian rock band "Tragically Hip" has been diagnosed with terminal brain cancer. Not only was he born where I now live, but he is also my age. A reminder to live each day as if its your last.

Take care everyone and be kind to one another,
The Wolf
05-26-2016, 12:18 PM,
Good job

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk
Ω  200 ft. Club  Ω
05-26-2016, 12:26 PM,
(05-26-2016, 10:43 AM)The Wolf Wrote: All,
I am heading back to my studies and proud to announce that I met my goal of 200 books sold and over $3100 raised towards cancer research. I would like to personally thank all those who have supported cancer research through the purchase of my book "Finding Forrest Fenn".

I was reminded this week of the importance of my quest to help defeat cancer, with the saddened news that Gordon Downie from the Canadian rock band "Tragically Hip" has been diagnosed with terminal brain cancer. Not only was he born where I now live, but he is also my age. A reminder to live each day as if its your last.

Take care everyone and be kind to one another,
The Wolf

Well done, Wolf.
05-25-2017, 09:51 AM, (This post was last modified: 05-25-2017, 11:48 AM by The Wolf.)
Final update. As I stated earlier, I will not longer be promoting my book within the treasure hunting community, so I will provide one last update including all my donation slips. Total money raised for cancer research reached nearly $4000 at $3925.63 from books sales of Finding Forrest Fenn and direct donations. Anyone who donated directly to cancer research also received a book. I am really proud of this achievement as I had originally only planned to raise $1000.

You may read the detailed update here https://www.findingfenn.com/single-post/...ons-update

In May 2016, I switched to making yearly donations to the September Terry Fox School Fox Run, however since I will be shutting down my website before then, I decided to donate the accumulated money last night. I WILL continue to donate all revenue received from future book sales but I will only promote the book outside the treasure hunting community.

Thank you to each and everyone of you who helped make this dream come true. You are making a difference. Keep the fight!

I will be closing down my website within a month so I will post the receipts below. https://www.dropbox.com/s/xefg3w00kixt8c...7.pdf?dl=0 (I removed my name for privacy purposes)

The Wolf
05-25-2017, 10:37 AM,
Clearly Photoshopped.

You can see how the dates and money amount are clearly a different size and font than the rest of it.

Here's a thought. If someone published a recipe book and everyone finds out the food being cooked from it is bad, then why continue to publish the book? Seems more like a pride thing at that point. But what do I know, I haven't written any books. Oh wait...
05-25-2017, 11:06 AM,
(05-25-2017, 10:37 AM)ryanrich Wrote: Clearly Photoshopped.

You can see how the dates and money amount are clearly a different size and font than the rest of it.

Here's a thought. If someone published a recipe book and everyone finds out the food being cooked from it is bad, then why continue to publish the book? Seems more like a pride thing at that point. But what do I know, I haven't written any books. Oh wait...

You've found the treasure and you still post this. Wow!, clearly you aren't the person Forrest hoped would find it. But nevertheless, you are the finder we deserve and I look forward to your book. I will enjoy finding out the real poem solution. I never really did much in NM previous to the last few months, so I can read it without worrying about having been within 500 ft.

I hope you're a fast writer because I will lose interest after a few months. Get writing!
05-25-2017, 11:08 AM,
3.000 dollars for cancer,now if every one thought like you wolf ,we could put a dent in curing this disease ,and you tied your own money up into this project,well done Wolf
******************************************************************************************************************************************************************************

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Aye there! Got invited & gonna be live in 100 minutes of Finding Fenn LeadSolver 0 680 10-30-2020, 05:19 PM
Last Post: LeadSolver
  When Fenn marked the book in 2019 windjc 7 1,142 09-12-2020, 09:56 AM
Last Post: trigace
  Forrest Fenn: Our Modern Forrest Gump filmguy 6 3,352 05-22-2019, 06:32 PM
Last Post: Daniel A
  The Forward in Forrest's New Book Iron Will 142 75,488 01-07-2019, 11:50 AM
Last Post: trigace
  So Forrest wrote a book, what does that have to do with a perfectly good treasure.... Gordon Lightfoot 7 4,147 07-05-2018, 07:46 PM
Last Post: The Count
  Forrest told a story about finding a diamond ring. mikemarcum878 0 967 06-24-2018, 01:04 PM
Last Post: mikemarcum878