Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If HoB is home of a person...
02-12-2016, 05:55 PM,
RE: If HoB is home of a person...
(02-12-2016, 06:30 AM)Yoda Wrote:
(02-11-2016, 10:22 PM)HarryFool Wrote: If HoB is the home of a person (living or dead) would he use any old person called Brown or would he use the home of someone he knew, respected or was famous?

He took 15 years to complete the poem so I can't see it being any old person. HoB is key and if you know it you would be able to walk right up to the chest according to F. You probably won't find that person in his books but could it be someone who shared his passions?

HoB is critical to the solve and must be special or important to F. I am ruling out someone famous simply because it would be too obvious and as you could likely find their home on the internet it would be solvable even for the little girl in India. So whats left?

What kind of people would be on F's short list?

Im guessing:

Artists
Artisans
Archaeologists
Fishermen
Friends
Vietnam vet or someone KIA and buried at HoB that he knew

Hmmm.

Too tight-focused on Brown you are.

Give consideration to Home you must.

In astrology, each sign of the Zodiac is called a house; thus the house can be considered a unit of angle measure equal to 1/12 circle or 30°.

https://www.unc.edu/~rowlett/units/dictH.html#house

Hmmm?

The ninth house of the zodiac is Sagittarius and it's symbol is:
https://www.dropbox.com/home?preview=Sag...Symbol.jpg
02-12-2016, 07:00 PM,
(02-12-2016, 04:24 PM)Larsonist Wrote:
(02-12-2016, 02:17 PM)djjmciv Wrote: I had no idea Larsonist was given insider information and special clues and KNOWS that there are no "people clues" associated with the home of Brown.
Or I missed that statement from Forrest, please do share.

I have incite information. Nothing official from the source but I guarantee it is totally Fennlogical to the nth degree.

OOPS! I mean insight information. Haha, don't want to start a riot or nuthin'.

Anyone who claims to have inside or insight info is bound to incite a a virtual riot on the blogs - so I think "incite information" is an apt term.
02-12-2016, 07:22 PM,
(02-12-2016, 05:09 PM)Project Why Wrote: Nah.
Although it might sound novel and innovative, .....it's not anything new. Everyone has tried many, many ideas and still no chest. The fact may be though, .....that even if someone does solve it, they may not ever 'know' or completely understand how they found it or what some of the clues meant, unless Mr. Fenn relinquishes that information. It may be just pure LUCK that anyone ever finds it all !! But that's completely different than "stumbling" upon it. I just find it hard to believe that our dear Forrest Fenn or anyone for that matter, came up with something so "out of the box", yet logical(oh that's right, it's not logical) or should I say "straightforward"? ..... that the crossword puzzle will all 'fit' somehow in the end? But maybe it will.

Now, lots and I mean lots of people have told him what WWH is!! Of course they could never determine "it" without either his verification or the chest though.

So let me get this straight. You don't believe that anyone---ANYONE---could sit here day after day, month after month, years on end no less, and not come close to solving these clues.

Is this in fact what I'm hearing? Truly? So all these efforts---research, reading, posting, listening, imagining---all these intensely cognitive efforts are worthless at solving---oh let's say---the Freaking Home of Brown? Is that what I'm hearing, your exalted Why-ness?

Why would you think this? Could the reason be, Mr. 50-Trips and counting, that your efforts have reaped a ton of bupkis?

And now you say that I need to prove that I have cracked a clue, and the only proof I could offer is the chest.

And you think that I need to prove it to you, and anyone else that squeaks up at me? Is that what you think is going on here?

Let me tell you what's going on here. What's going here is the gradual cracking of the poem and its clues. It's gradual, not spontaneous. But it is happening, and not just with me. There are others who are cracking these clues as well. The fact that someone has deciphered the Home of Brown should bring you joy, not feelings of resentment, anguish, and and a ton of self-loathing. There is self-loathing, right?

The home of Brown has been cracked. So has WWWH. And others. This shouldn't be threatening, but it is, and the threat response is kind of sour and condescending.

Cracking the poem was bound to happen, right? Do you think it would remain unsolved forever? Or is that what we all hoped would happen? That's not very realistic. There are smart people out here, people who won't take Molly Brown and her trained grizzly bear as the silly, boring logical answers they are.

I bet you live in Albuquerque. It figures.
02-12-2016, 07:29 PM,
(02-12-2016, 07:22 PM)Larsonist Wrote:
Although it might sound novel and innovative, .....it's not anything new. Everyone has tried many, many ideas and still no chest. The fact may be though, .....that even if someone does solve it, they may not ever 'know' or completely understand how they found it or what some of the clues meant, unless Mr. Fenn relinquishes that information. It may be just pure LUCK that anyone ever finds it all !! But that's completely different than "stumbling" upon it. I just find it hard to believe that our dear Forrest Fenn or anyone for that matter, came up with something so "out of the box", yet logical(oh that's right, it's not logical) or should I say "straightforward"? ..... that the crossword puzzle will all 'fit' somehow in the end? But maybe it will.

Now, lots and I mean lots of people have told him what WWH is!! Of course they could never determine "it" without either his verification or the chest though.

So let me get this straight. You don't believe that anyone---ANYONE---could sit here day after day, month after month, years on end no less, and not come close to solving these clues.

Is this in fact what I'm hearing? Truly? So all these efforts---research, reading, posting, listening, imagining---all these intensely cognitive efforts are worthless at solving---oh let's say---the Freaking Home of Brown? Is that what I'm hearing, your exalted Why-ness?

Why would you think this? Could the reason be, Mr. 50-Trips and counting, that your efforts have reaped a ton of bupkis?

And now you say that I need to prove that I have cracked a clue, and the only proof I could offer is the chest.

And you think that I need to prove it to you, and anyone else that squeaks up at me? Is that what you think is going on here?

Let me tell you what's going on here. What's going here is the gradual cracking of the poem and its clues. It's gradual, not spontaneous. But it is happening, and not just with me. There are others who are cracking these clues as well. The fact that someone has deciphered the Home of Brown should bring you joy, not feelings of resentment, anguish, and and a ton of self-loathing. There is self-loathing, right?

The home of Brown has been cracked. So has WWWH. And others. This shouldn't be threatening, but it is, and the threat response is kind of sour and condescending.

Cracking the poem was bound to happen, right? Do you think it would remain unsolved forever? Or is that what we all hoped would happen? That's not very realistic. There are smart people out here, people who won't take Molly Brown and her trained grizzly bear as the silly, boring logical answers they are.

No, that's not what I said at all hoBboy slim.

"But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be the shepherd." - Jules Winnfield
02-12-2016, 07:36 PM,
(02-12-2016, 07:00 PM)old drum Wrote:
(02-12-2016, 04:24 PM)Larsonist Wrote:
(02-12-2016, 02:17 PM)djjmciv Wrote: I had no idea Larsonist was given insider information and special clues and KNOWS that there are no "people clues" associated with the home of Brown.
Or I missed that statement from Forrest, please do share.

I have incite information. Nothing official from the source but I guarantee it is totally Fennlogical to the nth degree.

OOPS! I mean insight information. Haha, don't want to start a riot or nuthin'.

Anyone who claims to have inside or insight info is bound to incite a a virtual riot on the blogs - so I think "incite information" is an apt term.

So be it! Right-brainers, proceed to kick the illogical bejesus out of the left-brainers! go! go! go!
02-12-2016, 08:49 PM,
(02-12-2016, 07:22 PM)Larsonist Wrote:

Message to the "all knowing" Arse-hole-nist...you may be clever with your witty retorts, and I will low five you if you find the chest, but poo-poo Molly Brown at your own peril. Maybe it's obvious because it's RIGHT! F has said it's straightforward, yet you try to over-complicate it.

I know everyone thinks their spot doesn't "stink", but consider this HOB...in the movie (if I have to define what movie, you are lame) Molly skips along a trail in the first 20 minutes to her home. Where was that filmed? I will give you a hint...about 30 minutes from Forrest's good friend Ralph Lauren who he visited all the time. Don't bother checking the end of film to find out where it is, it is not cited in the credits, so you will not find it there. I stumbled upon it by accident. Now you are saying "will that be around in 1000 years?" Well, will Gone With the Wind? Will Caddyshack? As a movie/DVD I dare say that this HOB stands the test of time, and will not crumble in 150 years (will123456's response).

Your welcome (homage to Ricky the idiot)
02-12-2016, 09:02 PM,
(02-12-2016, 08:49 PM)discoloration Wrote: Message to the "all knowing" Arse-hole-nist...you may be clever with your witty retorts, and I will low five you if you find the chest, but poo-poo Molly Brown at your own peril. Maybe it's obvious because it's RIGHT! F has said it's straightforward, yet you try to over-complicate it.

I know everyone thinks their spot doesn't "stink", but consider this HOB...in the movie (if I have to define what movie, you are lame) Molly skips along a trail in the first 20 minutes to her home. Where was that filmed? I will give you a hint...about 30 minutes from Forrest's good friend Ralph Lauren who he visited all the time. Don't bother checking the end of film to find out where it is, it is not cited in the credits, so you will not find it there. I stumbled upon it by accident. Now you are saying "will that be around in 1000 years?" Well, will Gone With the Wind? Will Caddyshack? As a movie/DVD I dare say that this HOB stands the test of time, and will not crumble in 150 years (will123456's response).

Arse-hole-nist?

Wow, you've been fooling us all these years. You really ARE a natural born genius. Who woulda guessed it?
02-12-2016, 09:13 PM,
(02-12-2016, 09:02 PM)Larsonist Wrote:
(02-12-2016, 08:49 PM)discoloration Wrote: Message to the "all knowing" Arse-hole-nist...you may be clever with your witty retorts, and I will low five you if you find the chest, but poo-poo Molly Brown at your own peril. Maybe it's obvious because it's RIGHT! F has said it's straightforward, yet you try to over-complicate it.

Arse-hole-nist?

Wow, you've been fooling us all these years. You really ARE a natural born genius. Who woulda guessed it?

Yeah, I was able to say Arse-hole-nist at the age of three, it has been beer and skittles ever since...sadly, all that "natural born geniusnessness" has only translated into me blog-battling a negative, condescending, asswipe today. Perhaps I should re-think my life.
02-12-2016, 09:20 PM,
Why all the bickering?

Lets stick to the facts, if you believe clue 3 is HoB then F has effectively said its not visible on a map. A map will not help you find HoB at all. This rules out named map places like Brown's park for sure and puts a question mark over HoB is a state, country or a river/lake full of brown trout.

You will need some other means (perhaps BOTG or something else) to confirm what HoB is.

"Let me tell you something else. I've seen a lot of spinals solves, Dude, and this guy is a fake. A ****ing goldbricker." -Walter Sobchack
02-12-2016, 09:25 PM, (This post was last modified: 02-12-2016, 09:37 PM by discoloration.)
(02-12-2016, 09:20 PM)HarryFool Wrote: Why all the bickering?

Lets stick to the facts, if you believe clue 3 is HoB then F has effectively said its not visible on a map. A map will not help you find HoB at all. This rules out named map places like Brown's park for sure and puts a question mark over HoB is a state, country or a river/lake full of brown trout.

You will need some other means (perhaps BOTG or something else) to confirm what HoB is.

Clue 3 is effectively not visible on a map? WhereTF did that come from HFool?

(02-12-2016, 09:25 PM)discoloration Wrote:
(02-12-2016, 09:20 PM)HarryFool Wrote: Why all the bickering?

Clue 3 is effectively not visible on a map? WhereTF did that come from HFool?

OOOhhh, you mean the Indian girl comment. Agreed...the HOB is not on a map.

L'Arsonist, Beuhler, L'Arsonist...crickets...

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  I believe this may be from the ForrestFennTreasure person HalloweenCandy 7 936 06-20-2020, 10:53 PM
Last Post: HalloweenCandy
  The person who can make the lines cross in the right spot. tom 7 2,864 07-02-2018, 04:13 PM
Last Post: RockyBalboa
  If Brown is a Person CapnCook 7 3,299 10-14-2017, 06:25 PM
Last Post: jdigginsz
  I wish one person would ask Fenn this one question on Nov. 2 if there is a Q&A... Gordon Lightfoot 8 3,913 10-11-2017, 02:08 AM
Last Post: Gordon Lightfoot
  Dal - real person or hand puppet Chris Yates 13 9,401 03-05-2016, 01:56 AM
Last Post: Chmaanta