Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
About this map...
09-16-2013, 03:10 PM,
About this map...
"...there is a stunningly detailed map of the search area nested inside [Forrest's new book]." -Dal

Does anyone know anything more about the map inside of Too Far to Walk? I assume that it is not a dead giveaway because Dal apparently has seen it (otherwise he wouldn't be able to say that it was "stunningly detailed") and I don't think that he has found the treasure yet. But it has to be at least a little helpful, don't you think?

Any other thoughts or speculation?
09-16-2013, 03:22 PM,
About this map...
Hopefully, someone who gets the book will post the map here. But I'm just speculating.

Having not see the map. I personally done see it being helpful in a search, unless the map is of a certain kind or time period. But I have been wrong before.
09-16-2013, 03:24 PM,
About this map...
Mal...Go to Dal's blog, check under Too Far Too Walk, the map is shown and an excerpt from the book. It's the search area from northern NM to Canada, the Rocky Mtns.
09-25-2013, 10:37 AM,
About this map...
The map is beautiful. If it was included in the back of TTOTC it would have saved people a lot of time and trouble just trying to define the boundaries of the search area. The map identifies major mountain ranges, rivers and cities, other significant elements and different types of lands are identified with pastel colors.

I'm sure that the map will be parsed to the hilt for clues ( the cover has already received enormous attention ). I believe that the professional mapmaker would not be too receptive to any alterations that were not completely accurate, as cartographers are generally extremely particular about their work.

The color shaded area of the map fades out at the edges, rather than having a hard edge (except in the case of a state line boundary). If your search area is in the fading area it may raise some doubt in your mind about the location.

There is also a reprint of the poem beside the map, justified to the left and with different typeface, etc., which casts doubt upon any significance of the physical form of the poem in TTOTC.

Forrest provides text regarding the treasure on the back of the fold-out map:

“A dare went out to everyone who possessed a sense of wanderlust; study the clues in the book and thread a tract through the wiles of nature and circumstance to the treasure. If you can find it, you can have it. I warned that the path would not be direct for those who had no certainty of the location beforehand, but sure for the one who did.”

Interesting way to put it. No mention of the poem.

If I am able to I will try to post an accurate shot of the map. I have seen them online but none that are clear and legible.

It's a beautiful book. Chapter 6, however, leaves me incredulous.

SYand42lbsHeavier,

Halogetter

09-25-2013, 11:07 AM,
About this map...
Now don't go teasing those of us who haven't yet received our copies Halogetter...and don't spoil it for us either. Really though, I'm eagerly waiting to read TFTW myself...Gotta be entertaining, what? Don't stop talking about it however, never know what may trigger a lamp switch in the noggin.
09-26-2013, 03:38 PM,
About this map...
@Halogetter: I was also skeptical when I first read this story; it has been on his blog since March of 2011.

This summer I visited a large ranch in south Texas and actually found an arrowhead lying on the ground (something else I doubted could be done). It looks much like the one in the book…..The ranches there are vast and many areas untouched for eons. It is hard to believe but it’s true. After visiting the ranch, I thought I would do a little more research on the subject.

And in my younger days I have personally seen people that looked just like the picture. They weren’t on a ranch; they were in a bus with flowers on it and were speaking in unintelligible grunts.

[Image: pwrq9-Arrowhead-2-small.jpg]
09-26-2013, 05:41 PM,
About this map...
That's a nice one, Goofy Old Guy. Beautiful striations in the stone, too.

12-28-2013, 03:11 PM,
About this map...

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from Halogetter on September 25, 2013, 11:37 am</b>

Forrest provides text regarding the treasure on the back of the fold-out map:

“A dare went out to everyone who possessed a sense of wanderlust; study the clues in the book and thread a tract through the wiles of nature and circumstance to the treasure. If you can find it, you can have it. I warned that the path would not be direct for those who had no certainty of the location beforehand, but sure for the one who did.”

SYand42lbsHeavier,

Halogetter
</div>

Just perusing old threads and brought this one back up simply because of the single statement above...

Pertinence to some of the latest discussions elsewhere...

"poem written by an architect", an architect conceives and creates a design, Mr. Fenn is the architect...

"Nine clues in the poem and hints in the book", an architect's inputs to the draftsman, the draftsman draws the blueprint to specs to give the design a plan...WE must be the Draftsman...

"the path would not be direct for those who had no certainty of the location beforehand"...the draftsman gives the blueprints to the builder who uses the plan to give the architects concept visual and spatial reality...the "path" to the "location" ...We must also be the Builder...

"but sure for the one who did"...only when the builder has finished construction can one take possession as the Owner...We ALL seek to be the Owner...

All this tells me there are two(2) processes to follow...draw the blueprint, and construct the "path to the location beforehand"...ONLY then can we play Indiana Jones and "thread a tract" to the treasure to OWN it...

Or can the draft and build be a single process?...

Inputs, ideas, discussion graciously accepted... Smile

12-28-2013, 03:47 PM,
About this map...
I am not convinced the may has anything to do with where the hidden treasure chest is. It's just Mr. Fenn's favorite region.
12-28-2013, 05:37 PM,
About this map...
Mr. Fenn created and designed this entire concept we call the chase, the poem, the book, the clues and hints within; then he issued a dare to find the treasure...thus he is the architect...

The only thing I'm sure of is that I am absolutely, positively, maybe as confused as any one else in here!... Smile